Has anyone ever said anything to you about watching cartoons as an adult?

Has anyone ever said anything to you about watching cartoons as an adult?

Other urls found in this thread:

ghost.report/2017/05/04/my-thoughts-on-people-with-cartoon-fetishes/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When my coworkers were discussing their favourite TV shows. I told them that many of my favourite shows are kids cartoons. They were a bit weirded out by it but I explained that I watched cartoons alongside popular dramas like Breaking Bad because not only does the whimsy and comfy nature of cartoons balance out the intensity of those drama shows, kids cartoons are creator driven and usually features moments of creativity that you would never find in grown up shows.

They understood.

No, but I suspect they all think it.

No because I keep that to myself.

yea... but I don't care

I don't watch cartoons. I come here for the comics. With that being said, living in New York's taught me black people fucking love comic books

For all the talk about how comics are niche, regular jackoffs tend to be pretty fascinated depending on which book they catch you reading

My dad once walked in on me watching an episode of the Venture Bros (during that scene when Rusty starts lactating) and laughed that I was watching cartoons. A few days later, I find him watching Thomas the Engine for some god-forsaken reason. I still don't know what to make of it.

Did everybody stand up and clap too?

He just wanted to connect with you.

Ghost disapproves.

ghost.report/2017/05/04/my-thoughts-on-people-with-cartoon-fetishes/

He's gonna fucking run a train on you.

Someone at work asked what my favorite TV show was when TV shows came up in casual conversation and at the time I was really digging Regular Show, so I said that was my favorite.

They commented that their kids watched that then asked if I watched any "real shows". Obviously they were wanting me to say Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, or any number of "mature" shows, but instead I just kept rattling off other cartoons like GF, AT, ect. They ended up just shaking their head and saying it was kind of weird and walking off.

no because no one gives a shit. i think most of the people i know watch them too, in some shape or form. unless we're not counting anime, then it's only probably like 60% of the people i know

Those are bronies though

This has been the case for me too. Normies seem to be a lot more interested in my hobby then they were ten years ago. A lot of my friends even ask me where they should start if they wanna get into it. I'm pretty sure a few of them ended up becoming shitposters on here.

I actualy work as an animator, so people are more impressed them weirded out when I say this.

I basicaly managed to convert my family into cartoon lovers by always talking about the craft and the hardous process of making cartoons. You learn to valorize them more when you know how they are done.

What show?

Who is Ghost, and why does their opinion matter?

>kids cartoons are creator driven and usually features moments of creativity that you would never find in grown up shows
This isn't the 90s anymore user

No because I'm a neet.