Anti monitor thread

Such a cool design, i wonder what the readers back than thought when he reveal himself the vary first time

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-iZyPamkEUs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

His design IS a bit of the trend of the times.
Slight chance some fans reacted the way people reacted to Grail.
But really he's cool, and still holds an impact in creating "OH SHIT" moments.

People who wanted the merge and drama liked it.
Older fans hates crisis for the merge.

Even more hated when they rebooted later on. They did gain new readers though for the fans they lost.

What would his voice sound like

I'd imagine something like a more robotic Galactus (merely cause I imagine he talks through his armor).

So somewhere between Galactus and Sentinels from the 90s Xmen.

What does Galactus sound like?

I started hearing him in my head like a nuclear plant alarm but as a voice.

Like that screechy one. I also hear Thanos as the narrator from the chew 5 gum commercials

dont know why

Remembered in an interview George Perez went for a visually striking look for Anti-Monitor for his first appearance but soon found out his armor was very difficult to draw quickly. That's why the Anti-Monitor's armor got wrecked during his fight with Supergirl and was changed to that second design which was easier to illustrate.

That's really unfortunate. His first look was my favorite of his designs.

With a British accent

I liked him better before they made it really obvious he didn't have whale teeth.

I was there. He was a smash hit starring in the best selling series in the industry, destroying the multiverse, and he was drawn by the biggest superstar artist in the industry at the time. he was Darth Vader level unique looking in a time where Vaders design was still really unique. he was iconic really. best villian of the 80s, followed by Dr Doom at marvel, then Joker, then Hobgoblin.

The Witness has spoken..

If that's not baleen, then what is it? Teeth? Stone?

youtube.com/watch?v=-iZyPamkEUs

As a 45 year old who bought this book when he was, i dunno, 12 or 13, I remember thinking the Anti-Monitors original look was overly busy and generally ugly.

The horns going to his mouth struck me as exceedingly goofy.

Much preferred the revised look after Supergirl kicked his face in. Perez if left to his own leaned on way too much detail, busy designs that added nothing.