Since 2012, Netflix's library has shrunk from 11,000 titles to 5,300

>since 2012, Netflix's library has shrunk from 11,000 titles to 5,300

Other urls found in this thread:

theweek.com/articles/659189/netflix-library-shrinking-fast
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

who cares? their netflix original shows are godtier

What streaming service has been replacing them?

The market has been fragmenting. Instead of a central digital marketplace, every media company and IP holder now wants their own exclusive digital storefront so they can reap the entire potential subscription base.

/STD/ knows all about this, CBS All Access is clearly a bunch of geriatric suits who said "Why don't we have one of those Internetflix Thingamabobs"

So it's back to cable television, except now you have to pay premium prices for each individual "channel"

Nice joke, name literally one good Netflix original product

no one wants to watch old Westerns, dumb dumbs

the only thing worth watching today is every international conglomerate's adaptation of fantasy or superhero books from the 90's

Narcos.

they have had a couple very good documentaries, although of course they simply paid for the rights of already made films, but still

It's called refinement

Plumbo o plata

Used to be you could watch whatever movies and shows on netflix now shit are region/country locked and with the increase of subscription fees ever so often I just aint feeling it. Plenty of streaming websites out there.

>shill arrives in 45 seconds
impressive

They've been losing a lot of shit to Hulu, granted the Disney-Fox deal makes Hulu's future hazy.

Source?

theweek.com/articles/659189/netflix-library-shrinking-fast

castlevania

Ozark

There's like 5,000 stand up shows on Netflix..

An even bigger problem for Netflix is that they actually own none of their big "original programming".

They're basically piling on billions in debt paying for all these shows and movies that they eventually lose rights over.

And you blame Netflix? They have no control over it, it's the right's holders, the networks, the movie studios. They're the ones who limit shit, so they can get more money from it. That's why some TV shows will never be online, the people who own the rights want too much for them. Or don't care, like WKRP In Cincinatti.
There are thousands and thousands of good movies in the vaults at movie studios you'll never see streamed, because the studio wants too much, they're only played on one platform, or the studios refuse to pay to have them converted. Or all three at the same time. Netflix is operating at a loss to keep your monthly fee low, and new titles circulating through - and you give them shit?

>Every network begins to want their own digital streaming service
>Continued fragmentation if companies for services
>Too many separate services to order individually
>”Hey we can bundle all these together for a flat rate per month”
>Combines multiple streaming services together even though some you don’t watch/want
>Cable reinvented

And the cycle continues.

Literally every stand up comedian gets a fucking Netflix Special now

It's a real shame that copyright keeps getting extended cause we'd probably see these companies price their shit more reasonably if they knew they'd eventually lose it.

Narcos is top tier

Feels smaller than that. Those numbers must be worldwide.

and 99% of them are dogshit

*Nachos

Bojack Horseman

>yfw NN is the nail in the coffin

Series of Unfortunate Events.

Absolute bore and pure shit acting. Took me fucking 2 months to watch it, once I started. Not going to bother with Barney does shitty villain season 2.

Film was 100 better.

HIRE MORE UNTALENTED LEFTIES TO CREATE TERRIBLE ORIGINALS, STAT!

Most are just starting their own which is making all others lose titles too

Lol this

popcorn time

I thought that shit got canned

House of Cards 1

>people who still care about normie sites and still havent moved on to hosting their own plex + couchpotato + sonarr server

???

Sup Forums is a pretty dumb board. Anything beyond streaming 360p transcodes is considered hard.

Netflix keeps dropping out whenever I try to watch it.

>hating on The Fartist
Reddit is that way kiddo.

The Last Kingdom

And they're all terrible

Lol this

>Black Mirror
>Stranger Things
>House of Cards
>Bojack Horseman
>Narcos
>The Keepers
>The Crown
>A Series of Unfortunate Events

you dun goofd user

Dave Chappelle's specials.

Peewee 2.

Bright

hush, goyim

Fuck off fucking shill.

netflix could've been the one to save hollywood

> fragmentation of television with a gazillion different channels
> "what do we watch" "there's nothing on" "oh so and so is on but not til later"
> "aw we caught the movie halfway on" "i wish we could see more films with X in it"
> millennial generation wants on-demand content more
> early days of netflix were great. shows and films everywhere
> instantly search for what you want and get it
> piracy not a big deal like it used to be
> suddenly greedy fucking studios were like "wait why don't we make our own netflix"
> right back to fragmentation of gazillion different streaming services instead
> piracy comes back

hollywood deserves what it gets

Big Mouth
F is for Family
YouTube

I liked Hibana. On that note, I've yet to see anyone talk about it.

They really captured the Degrassi essence.

Sort of unrelated, but fuck anyone who says "Netflix had to do it!! The big studios started charging too much for rights!"

Netflix spent something like $6 billion on original content this year. You're telling me that the studios would rather go through the process of creating their own shitty streaming service no one wants than accepting a billion or two from Netflix? No. Their sole goal is to make money. If Netflix offered them more money than they thought they could make from their own propriety service, they would choose Netflix in a heartbeat. Netflix chose their own path because they want to be HBO. That's not what I want, but that's fine, it's their prerogative. Just don't try to spin it any other way like it was out of their control.

They took off some of the best 60's, 70's, and 80's horror/slasher movies and even all of the giallo films. Netflix has left me flaccid.

JUSTflix

I am seriously thinking about bailing on these cucks. That movie "Bright" was pure garbage. 90 million spent on that shit???

this

> You're telling me that the studios would rather go through the process of creating their own shitty streaming service no one wants than accepting a billion or two from Netflix? No.
yes you idiot. you are wrong as fuck

do you not understand the concept of a vertical intergration?

100% profit > 99% of profit.

it's why EA doesn't sell games on steam, even though they'd be making money because they make more profit selling on their shitty origin, since they control the marketplace.

same thing for streaming. it's why hulu even exists in the first place.

Does Netflix even send out DVDs anymore?

Why do they even have so many comedy specials? No one ever watches that shit. Waste of money for me and them for paying those hacks.

there's literally three of them

My normie friends watch them all the time. I personally can't stand stand-up.

how many of those lost titles were complete garbage?

Only worth watching because of the hot sister. Like the other guy said the movie is much better.

Daredevil season 1.

season 2 a shit though after episode 4.

>Start streaming with 11000 titles
>Collect data on what people actually want
>Get rid of useless content
>Dumbshits are shocked to see a lower number

gay, race mixing yaaas queen western

thanks netflix!

the human eye literally can't see anything above 360p you pleb fuck

Little Witch Academia.

And all of their Korean and Japanese dramas.

>t. moron

This is console wars all over again

>how many of those lost titles were complete garbage?

>be me
>want to watch buffy
>netflix removed it
>want to watch the bbc Poirot series
>netflix removed it
I kept my sub up literally for nothing but Frasier, but I pulled the plug a month or two ago and I'm not looking back

what a pile of shit only Narcos is serviceable

why would anyone who is reasonably tech literate ever pick shitflix over say renting a seedbox?

how will they be able to compete against Disney and CBS?

*utorrent

Knights of Sidonia

hulu, amazon, Netflix, youtubered and iTunes combined already way more expensive than cable or tripleplay what the fuck.

Being removed from Netflix on January 1st:
ET the Extraterrestrial
Forrest Gump
Mean Girls
LOST
Futurama
Pulp Fiction
Requiem for a Dream

Being added to Netflix on January 1st:
Bring It On
Bring It On Again
Bring It On: All or Nothing
Bring It On: Fight to the Finish
Bring It On: In It to Win It

What do you care,you can't afford it.

Disney is going to take everything from them.

Netflix refuses to publish titles that matter! Titles for the people.

Titles like: Hitler Learns How To Drift.

Disney's future streaming service

i just finished watching lost a couple hours ago, and that's getting pulled on the 4th i think. cutting it close.

>"you can watch whatever you want anytime"

>combined streaming bills cost more than satellite

>they don't have to pay an army of people to maintain installations

what went wrong?

Why doesn't Netflix add a category for public domain movies?
Most of it is complete shit but there are some ok ones out there.

Are they afraid it would just come across as desperate

>Are they afraid it would just come across as desperate
That's what I'm thinking but they don't know a thing about quality control. Look at sense8 and the majority of their shitty originals. It's the equivalent of shovelware.

I'm a little disappointed they left out the goatfucking.

stranger things

Thanks for the lesson, brilliant freshman in college econ guy. The point is that there is no incentive for a company like CBS to create a widely-panned streaming service of their own that no one was asking for if they could just earn the same amount of money selling their product to Netflix. My entire point was that there would be zero motivation to do that if they could earn the same amount of money. Obviously I was not saying "media companies would never create their own services if they could earn slightly more than they could if they were in business with Netflix." Money is the bottom line no matter what.

Thanks for the lesson, brilliant freshman in college econ guy. The point is that there is no incentive for a company like CBS to create a widely-panned streaming service of their own that no one was asking for if they could just earn the same amount of money selling their product to Netflix. My entire point was that there would be zero motivation to do that if they could earn the same amount of money. Obviously I was not saying "media companies would never create their own services if they could earn slightly more than they could if they were in business with Netflix." Money is the bottom line no matter what.

No one cares about "control" - they care about fucking money.

I like Netflix originals but I cancelled my subscription when the price increased and because they cancelled Marco Polo which was my favorite. I don't mind pirating Narcos.

well to be fair sense8 cost a fuck load of money, it's hardly shovelware, just shit

>the virgin series
>the chad movie

People think they beat you but all suggestions were shit so far.