>hollywood is better than bollywo-

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y34booaO2Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=Ghh1Y7lsWwk
youtube.com/watch?v=l_MyUGq7pgs
youtube.com/watch?v=GpvtxQmHudo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What anime is this?

Are there any serious Indian action movies?

No such thing in their culture.

source?

You mean ones without stupid fucking dances in the middle of them?

None.

poos understand kino in a way that the rest of the world is just catching up to. I don't understand it, not fully, but I appreciate what they do every time I watch a bollywood film.

That's a pity. They clearly have the manpower and history. I'd love to see an Indian historical film.

I would say designated shitting screen, but that's taken up by Star Wars.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y34booaO2Ak

i've been wondering the same thing
it's too bad every film that comes out from there is like 3 or 4 fucking hours long, which immediately turns me away from finding out

Enthiran the Robot (2010)

poo just stfu its silly horseshit

>ancient poo cities look cleaner than modern ones

That movie was fucking terrible from beginning to end.

>there are women in it, therefore it's bad

Poos are so fucking based holy shit

Krrish 3 is unironically a great superhero movie. I didn't watch 1 or 2, but this movie is really good.

The singing is what puts me off the most.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ghh1Y7lsWwk

Bride a prejudice is absolute kino

At least it's creative. Stupid, but creative.

someone please spoonfeed me on entry-level pajeetkinos

At least they're self-aware of the stupidity.
Hollywood movies like TLJ are so utterly lacking in self-awareness when it comes to the stupidity and complete lapse in logic of characters and scenes.
The hyperspace suicide scene was played straight as an 'epic' moment and yet it falls apart immediately when you actually think about it.

It looks like something that a group of D&D players would think up

Indian masterrace

Baahubali is South Indian, not Bollywood.

There's an epic length crime drama, but I can't remember the pooname. If you like crime drama you should love it, but production quality is low as all fuck. Maybe someone else remembers the name.

You have no sense of humor.

>watch them pull down the palm tree
>"This is going to be some retarded shit isn't it"

I was not disappointed

List of decent Bollywood (Mumbai Film industry) movies:

Gangs of Wasseypur 1 and 2
Gulaal
Ugly
Masaan
Dev D
Arjun Reddy (South Indian, so no strictly Bollywood)
Badlapur
Black Friday
Satya
Raman Raghav 2.0
Haider
Shor in the city (low budget)

The first 2 are political/crime dramas but you probably need to understand Hindi to get the full benefit of the smart writing. No senseless action in any of these as far as I remember.

Not an action movie but recently Dangal was pretty good. It's a biographical drama. Also for something a bit older Lagaan is pretty great though it's long as shit.

The self aware part is true. There are many no nonsense movies targeted to young people which don't have over the top acting or action and have tight scripts and realistic acting. These aren't the ones which make lot of noise or big money. Check out Arjun Reddy that I suggested here. Unfortunately the trailer doesn't do it justice. I don't speak Telugu but I watched the movie and it was really good even with subtitles.

Bollywood is complete shit, nothing can refute this.

There are however a lot of good indie movies. They focus on actual characters and stories and have no dance sequences or melodrama

>Amir khan movie
>not shit
pick one.

Mother India
the Apu trilogy
that one movie about the woman writer and she falls in love with her husband's friend (can't remember the title)

>Gangs of Wasseypur 1 and 2

That's the one I'm thinking of

I guarantee you there will be a musical number in one of the Marvel movies before they are done. GOTG was the first step in the Bollywoodization of Hollywood.

Why did they stick triangles in the tree? For what purpose?

>GOTG was the first step in the Bollywoodization of Hollywood.

Too bad part 2 was so shitty and had such abrasive humor. It was pretty at least. I'll not be watching anymore capeshit.

>bollywood is complete shit, nothing can refute this
youtube.com/watch?v=l_MyUGq7pgs

>production quality low as fuck
what? This isn't true.

>Ranvir Singh
you aren't helping user. There are much better lower budget movies with finer actors and solid scripts.

I swear Indians are so fucking werid. They lack complete self awarness, at least here in the US

In their stance before take-off they have one foot on the tree and one on a triangle.

I thought it was, but the script and acting was fine.

Yeah thats the part that didn't make sense to me

No because Pakistan makes all the serious ones.

True for FOBs at least. Ones born and raised in typical american neighborhoods are fine

Satyajit Ray, pleb

It seems like humor to us because of how ridiculous it is but to them it's serious and super cool.

Anurag Kashyap is the only one who makes kinos in Bollywood. Gangs Of Wasseypur 1 & 2 are must watch.

This is a good list of bolly kinos.

His movies are alot more drama than action.

What was the point of the triangles on the side?

Stop asking questions!!!

That indian guy who was in The Darjeeling Limited seems to be in good movies, Irrfan Khan

Ship of Theseus (2012)
A Wednesday
Khosla ka Ghosla
Andaz Apna Apna (only for those who understand Hindi though)
Hera Pheri (top notch comedy, again only if you get Hindi)

Looks great, downloading.

I've wanted to watch the apu trilogy since a long time ago because i've heard that it was one of the biggest influences on darjeeling limited. downloading.

He sounds Pakistani, no idea if he is only playing "indian guy" for the gora audience

I know that it's just an Indian movie trying to be a hollywood movie, but I really love Singham. Mainly because it's played up in such a way that a hollywood cop movie never would, aside from a few from the 80s.

The Indian guy that owned the company in Jurassic World I remember first seeing in The Lunchbox, which is a nice little movie.

Thats Irrfan Khan
His top movies:

The Lunchbox
Paan Singh Tomar
Madaari
Piku
Hindi Medium
Haider

They stand on them, you dipshits

He's 100% Indian

>an Indian movie trying to be a hollywood movie
It's all Bollywood. They have been imitating Hollywood in their own style since the beginning.

Is The Lunchbox worth seeing? The trailer made it seem like a chick flick.

The good movies aren't copies of Hollywood.

I revoke my post in deference to your quads

>Paan Singh Tomar

Amazing movie.

Yeah but Singham is EXPLICITLY trying to be like Hollywood. Outside of a few aspects and the fact that it's clearly set in India, you wouldn't know where it came from.

its a slow movie (art movie). Simply story, simple script. Depends on what you're looking for.

It's not really a chick flick, but it is a story whose focus is entirely on the two main characters and who they are as people. I don't like to use the word "charming" to describe it because that sounds lame, but to call it a charming little film is accurate.

I was down with that movie until the first musical numbers. I can't tolerate that shit.

you can't have a serious indian movie its impossible, i had an indian girl friend and she hated realistic movies but enjoyed silly movies like that

You have to see it in the theater to really appreciate their films:
youtube.com/watch?v=GpvtxQmHudo

see suggestions in this thread

OP's movie isn't even bollywood. That's a tollywood flick.

Kek

I watched part 2 without realizing it was a flashback until near the end.
I thought they were going to completely ignore the betrayal for no reason.

>you can't have a serious indian movie its impossible
See above, The Lunchbox. Not a single musical number or silly story in it, it's a character story.

They are even remaking drive in 2018

Charulata's pretty good. The name of that movie just came back to me.

holy shit this is what i expected from Star Wars except instead i went into a come

>motu patlu fight scene

i am talking about big bolywood blockbusters not independant films in india

Well yeah but those are made for mainstream appeal.

I could legit see this being a seen in The Hobbit movies, instead of smelly guptas it would be dwarfs

This. I saw X Men First Class after seeing the K2. It really made my distinction blurry.

I can easily see Jackie Chan or even Jet Li as the hero in this kind of scene or movie. Not sure these movies are far off from other Asian cinema

holy shit they're literally fucking monkies

B8

Are you saying Indian movies are just ahead of the time?

India, where is your sex film industry at?

Indians are literally worse than niggers.

Someone told me the reason Bollywood films always have some form of humor and singing in the movies is because life in India is living hell so the people need movies to be a distraction and a joyous experience as well in order to not kill themselves.

Is this true?

In some ways, yes.

In what universe would Jackie Chan do something like this? You're aware that the guy does all his own stunts right? His movies are much more grounded in reality.

>Life in India a living hell
Meanwhile in the West you are working 24/7 to buy insurance in case your other insurance policy fails

It would make sense at least

No, it's based in Hinduism, which from its very beginning has always had a lot of singing and dancing. Hell, Shiva calmed Kali by styling all over her in a dance-off.

That's a garbage excuse. Plenty of shitholes give birth to amazing films, like Russia, Europe, Brazil, etc.