Samurai Jack

What the FUCK went wrong? It started off promising but now it's just meandering into mediocrity.

I've never been so dissappointed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jow4TmS9bok
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cry more.

Why are you so obsessed about this shit?

You really need help

>What the FUCK went wrong?
You were born

I think Genndy just tried to rely on coo visuals and shit too much and the writing just sort of suffered. The tea scene was this show insisting upon itself.

That and the nostalgia high is wearing off and people are waking up to a hang over where they realize the humor wasn't that great, the action sequences really generic, and the same sound effects reused since Dexter's Lab keep getting used.

>defending the terrible writing

But ITS KINO!

>insisting upon itself.

>wanting less whining is defending something

Let me guess.

or option two: the same faggots have been whining ever since ashi showed up because they're extremely insecure

>the creation of these threads will triple once Jashi gets confirmed

Implying they got that far. It's just the Sup Forumsntrarians that have been here since homosuck.

LOL anyone who is as big a fag as you deserves to be dissapointed. Grow up you fucking embarrassing child

Dude dude. Imagine Aku, but in a flamboyant Bandito accent. In English or in Mexican Spanish.

>this show insisting upon itself

Did you seriously just go there?

I'm not defending it. I'm just concerned for your state of mind right now

Feels good not being a crybaby piece of shit like OP.

The contrarians just got louder and louder until we reached the point we're at now. The big turning point was the Rick and Morty April Fools joke, which immediately brought fanbases clashing together, and soured the overall good feeling previously present in the discussions, but in addition to that, from around that time, a couple of anons started posting stuff more concerned with how they feared the show would end, with Ashi stealing Jack's thunder, rather than anything the show itself. We're stewing in negativity, and it's affecting perceptions of everything that has come next.

If you want more proof of the fact that it's us and not the show, compare the ratings people have been giving in these threads to actual reviewer ratings of the episodes on other sites, and even fan reactions other than here. They're near-perfect scores.

>being this critical over a cartoon

I bet you are an alpha pussy slayer

>Sup Forums overhyped it
>the first three episodes were great, only further increasing the hype
>after that, the show began to focus on Ashi
>the shitposters started up
>the waifu posters got more vocal as well
>people who hated the new direction started speaking up too
>then there were the people that make new Samurai Jack threads for every little thing, even when a thread about that subject is already open
>now every thread just devolves into senseless cutthroat arguing about which side is a bigger faggot or who is the best waifu or how Genndy is a hack

Have a pity (you).

this

>I bet you are an alpha pussy slayer
How did you know?

>Gotta get back. Back to the past. Past Season 5 of Samurai Jack.

yep

>We're stewing in negativity, and it's affecting perceptions of everything that has come next

I dunno, man- I missed the April Fool's bullshit entirely and have been avoiding these threads like the plague, and I still ended up being pretty damn disappointed.

That scene was sorta funny

I agree.

>and have been avoiding these threads like the plague
And yet here you are. I'm seeing a bit of a gap in your story.

You know, the emoji dogs are were it first clicked to me that this show would end up being obnoxiously uncriticisable.

Imagine if you saw emojis in something like nuPPG or TTG. The outrage threads would be something we'd see for days. It's the sort of slightly-topical-mostly-dated reference you'd expect to find in one of Hartman's recent works.

Instead people acted like it was the funniest thing ever and made fanart for the emoji dogs and shit. Even though making and requesting fanart for furry material has been verboten here for years, the mods sort of let that one slide because they were in on the Genndy worship just as much.

This place used to be somewhere you could be critical of something even if it was considered some sort of magnum opus by the unwashed masses. Now its just another fan website.

>This place used to be somewhere you could be critical of something even if it was considered some sort of magnum opus by the unwashed masses.
But you're literally criticising it right now

I don't know why the aliens used emojis to talk. I guess it was pretty unique and made them stand out, otherwise I didn't think much of them.

But it is pretty weird how everyone just praises them as one of the best things about Season 5. It's also pretty weird that they convey information so slowly, one word at a time.

>But it is pretty weird how everyone just praises them as one of the best things about Season 5.
Are you new to this board? Waifufaggotry has always been a pillar of Sup Forums.

You know as much as I do exactly why people like the emoji dog.

Pic related?

Don't lewd the doggos.

Go back to Sup Forums

This.

>being this desperate for attention

I wish everyone would just settle the heck down to be honest

>First three episodes
Jack in tense situations as he slowly examines his character in mostly dialog-free scenes that showcase a fantastic visual style, tense action sequences and unique designs for both the landscape and the characters. Jack's action sequneces are a mixture of multiple weapons that showcase off his unique abilities and the humor is kept where it's appropriate and has the most impact. There are tangible mysteries that are intriguing and interesting and all sorts of ways the show can go.

>Episodes after that
A lot more focus on Ashi, Jack starts quipping a lot more, reacting a lot less, and there's entire episodes of very little save Ashi discovering the world that we, having gone through four previous seasons, have seen. The action becomes a lot simpler, Ashi VS the army was the most bland so far, and the mysteries revealed aren't exactly mindblowing or anything. What's that strange second personality who Jack talks to? It's just a usual "Dark side" manifestation. Who's the scary fellow on the horseback? He's a scary ghost. That's it. Where did Jack lose his sword and his way? In a hole, he just kind of gave up after that. How does he get it back? He stares hard at his 'evil side' until he goes away.

The buildup was pitch perfect but devoting an episode to Ashi wandering about really cut into Jack's journey to be Jack again, then they cut into it further to have Ashi fight some mooks, then they cut into it further and further until there was very little left for it, and as a result the crux of the story, Jack getting his sword back, felt rushed and sad compared to even Birth of Evil, which was only two episodes.

It should have been about Jack's journey but it wandered away from that.

It's forgotten it's purpose.

Maybe if the criticisms were anything above
>girls are icky
>I can write Genndy's story better than he can!
>m-m-much realism in my cartoon action show
>How come -thing overhyped by fans- didn't get so much attention?!

Or any misuse of common buzzwords like Mary Sue of pacing

ITT: people criticize a show that has 10 episodes to finish what took 4 seasons to build up to

>It's forgotten it's purpose.
This. Ironically, that is the best way to explain anything that goes wrong with Season 5.

Does anybody have a link for episode 7?

Stupid dog.

Theoryfags just asshurt their crystal ball bullshit wasn't validated. Genndy is going his own way.

Stupid jack! I'm getting me mallet

It's still good though.

Blown the fuck out

They thought retreading plots from the older seasons was a good idea. Also, instead of bringing back fun familiar characters, they instead introduce boring new ones.

>projecting onto others and post stutters as if that will automatically make it true
Why do this?

Hi, welcome to Sup Forums. For some reason, I can tell you're very, very new here.

Is that Spider Jerusalem?

>a show that has 10 episodes to finish what took 4 seasons to build up to

And, despite knowing this, it opts to introduce Ashi.

I'd say the criticism is far from unwarranted.

Comics are WORSE. Believe me.

Series is fine.

But Scaramouche was pretty cool

>4 seasons of buildup

No, 4 seasons of episodic one off content.

Samurai Jack isn't a progression, an evolution, it's a journey, a wandering, wistful journey that is far more about the places and people visited than any progress towards some ultimate end.

And towards that end, S5 has been relatively successful. From the brilliant initial arc with the Daughters of Aku and Emogi-dogs to seeing the weird world inside of an absurdly massive sea creature, to the 20 minute circlejerk that is Episode 6, the show does a good job at preserving that tone.

it's good. shippers are too retarded (making theories how they kiss and shit), so they're ruining fun for us.
btw, I'm a simple person, I just wanna see who dies next.

It's a sequel.

>people who criticize season 5 write in great length to describe what's wrong with it
>season 5 apologists just go "UR A CONTRARIAN," "CRY HARDER," "DURR HURR HERE'S UR (U)" and "UR JUST A GAMERGROOMER WOMYN H8ER!"
Are season 5fags literal children? Why do they get so triggered over criticism? Are they like this because the sight of criticism contradicts the lie they are telling to themselves of s5 being perfect so their first reaction is denial?

I know everyone already said "this", but this. I for one am just enjoying the show, my boy Jack is back and he'll eventually face Aku one final time. Seeing the shitstorm over here is just a bonus.

More likely, they're paid off shills. They're rampant around Sup Forums these days.

This. There's no way someone could like something I don't and express his thoughts on a siberian trading card games based anonymous forum, unless he's getting paid for it by some dude from Adult Swim. I don't have proof, but it's too obvious.

/thread

It was autism

Dude, pretty much everyone with half a mind can see that the show sucks. The only people still shilling for it are useful idiots, Tumblr, and people actually paid off by adult swim to promote this feminist garbage.

How exactly is it feminist in any way whatsoever?

>There are people who don't think Ashi didn't ruin Season 5
How can these people be so delusional! It's even worse when you try to give valid criticism and they ignore it!

MADNESS

Your autism is flawed, because I like it and I'm none of those things depending on your definition of useful idiot, b-but I believe I'm not an idiot or useful.
>feminist garbage
I was about to argue because I've got nothing better to do on a friday night, but I see you're just retarded.

Ah yes, because a STRONK EMPOWERED FEMALE stealing the spotlight, effortlessly killing entire armies, and in general being a mary sue bastion of purity is totally not part of the feminist agenda. Face it, the show was ruined the moment Ashi muscled her way into the spotlight.

that's waifuism not feminism

Nothing. You are just a raging sperg.

You literally have autism.
Gendys murder pixy waifu fantasies are NOT feminist. At all. It's about the furthest thing you can get from feminism really.
She's a young girl falling in love with a rugged manly protagonist who managed to tame her.
Do you even know what feminism is or do you think feminism is just when women do anything that's not cooking or sex?

I'd like a LARGE

>Implying Samurai Jack has a complex story
>Gets offended when his headcanon doesn't go his way

youtube.com/watch?v=Jow4TmS9bok

EXTRA THICC DICC

NUMBER NINE

That scene is brilliant and is why aku is ourguy

too much plot in too few episodes

Respuchular with EXTRA radandia sauce

Didn't know Lex was into that sort of thing.

This stopped being funny the first 100 million times it was spammed.

it's good writing but it doesn't really give a shit about plot progression because that isn't what the series is about.

season five has basically been one long meditation on the ethics of killing and whether someone can choose their own path or not. that's not exactly my cup of tea, and I think it's been done before enough that it isn't horribly interesting, but I can see what they're trying to do and I think they're succeeding in pretty much every goal.

they've also done a really good job using writing and cinematography to establish some interesting parallels. this season has also been full of foreshadowing and thematic callbacks which make it feel really tight to me.

but Sup Forums is infected by rampant autism and most of its users don't really care about anything but the literal events that occurred, jokes that were told, and whether any attractive women appeared on screen. I don't hate that kind of show--I really enjoy some shows that are 100% plot driven, and all about "finding out what happens next." I just don't think genndy is trying to make something like that, and trying to judge it that way is just complaining that the show isn't what you would've written.

looking at the first four seasons, I don't really get why people thought season five would be so plot-heavy, but whatever. y'all do you.

You just have a brain disorder (called "autism") that will inevitably sabotage your ability to enjoy anything episodic by making you invest way too much in your own speculation about where the plot is going and by setting your expectations way too high as a result of your initial overenthusiasm. Waiting until things like this are over and then binge watching them and just staying off of Sup Forums generally will probably help

I noticed that Jack was turn apart by the fact he took real lives but in the recent episode when he sees that Ashi has killed thousands in that army he is just "oh you."

I never saw the original series when it aired and when I heard everyone talking about this new season I decided to watch all the original stuff first. That was amazing and had a great atmosphere but this new stuff, it feels pretty generic and if not for Ashi I don't think anyone would care as much about it.

I don't even notice a difference.

>but Sup Forums is infected by rampant autism

That's the biggest problem, really. You also forgot the shitposters that would start battles over nothing. Is not to say you can't criticize the show, but I am very satisfied with season 5 myself.

The first 4 seasons were a product of its time, and season 5 manages to combine the past and present really well. It has retained a lot of the things that made the original so good and added new ones making it feel fresh and different but it is still samurai Jack. I wish season 5 lasted 13 episodes like the original seasons and not 10, but I have good hopes it will end well.

Not him, but might I add that some people kept posting animation errors as trolling material.

The first episode looked like it was building Ashi, and Jack was only fighting Scaramouche for like 5 minutes or something. On top of that his guilt came toppling in Episode 5, which is why he didn't stop to see if he actually saved anybody. He wouldn't even check to see if those aliens were alive. He just went full pessimist. If Ashi were to die, he'd probably give up again unless her last words were "Kill his ass!".

t.ashifag

fix'd it

>introducing a character that has to learn that Jack is a good person even though every fucking viewer out there knew that he's good
they just had to somewhat waste 8 episodes on some bullshit so they can finally show the big fight between Aku and Jack

>People debating the show and not just sharing waifus and cool fanart

Come on man just post hot chicks/dudes.

don't forget the April's fool.
It shattered the mood.
And gave a base for the shitposter to start.

i'm sure your parents were when you were born

>Implying it ever was