>they fucked up Star Wars

how is such a thing possible?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_Concordance
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_Empire#Dissolution
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Adelhard's_Imperial_remnant
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jakku_Imperial_remnant
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_remnant_(Core_and_Inner_Rim)
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_remnant_(Cold_war)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This. It's such basic screenwriting 101 stuff. Why is it so hard to stick to the winning formulas most successful movies follow?

It wasn't all that great to begin with. Its a universe centered around a vague mystic force where 2 evil assholes fuck everything up and its up to a group of underdogs to blow up a thing to save the day

they didnt fuck it up lol

Did they even watch the last movie? Like why did Luke leave a map? Did they forget that fact? If he just wanted to die, he wouldn't have needed to leave directions to him right?

yeah that's a pretty basic formula, you might not like it but it works because it's so simple

>Coldsteel and Mary Sue show up and fall in love

Worked, the key being past tense. The only people wanting more Star Wars movies are obsessive autists with about as much creativity as any given Star Wars fanfic. Its a dead horse, and garbage scifi

>hire people who dont like star wars to make star wars

Creative incompetence abounds in corporate boardrooms.

*He* fucked up Star Wars. *They* just raped the corpse.

Episode seven feels like it has zero connection to the prior episodes (primarily what was acomplished during those movies. Like, the rebels win... but are still the underdogs to the nu-empire?)

Episode 8 feels disconnected from episode 7 in just about every single way. Like wow. How did this script get accepted?

yeah that's an easy market, anyone with a brain could make money from autists and kids at the same time. George did with the prequels

Because pretty much everyone who runs Hollywood now is a fucking child to somebody who actually had some amount of talent.

Celebrity royalty is a poison to the entertainment industry. Rich kids who grow up insecure because they see they have to try and make it as well as or better than their parents.

By living in luxury like that their whole lives, they effectively struggle with identity issues and poring whatever they think is important into their work.

All the other kids then stroke them on the head and whisper to them about how special they are.

In other words, Hollywood is corrupt. It's more corrupt than governments get in many ways, because they are basically the people who are most 'popular' in the world.

They're so full of their own shit and so desperate to be recognised as as successful as their parents or more that any negative criticism they receive for their work is too painful for them, so they respond with personal attacks.

Why are everyday nerds the target in this instance? Well, because they are so petty and narcissistic that the only way they know how to defend themselves is through putting other people down.

yeah yeah and other movies are so original

oh look the good guy almost fails but then doesnt, and gets the girl

another crime drama, another romcom, another war movie, etc

Feminism ruins everything. The Hollywood bubble is about to burst so the top execs handed it to them and ran off with the money.

Also leia and Han didn’t blame like at all, they said their son turning to the dark side was ALL Snoke.

all better than the sequels

Found the asshurt Star Wars fag.

I still don't understand what the resistance is fucking resisting and it's been like 3 years since that movie came out.

They won, they control everything. The first order is just a bunch of mooks pissing around, yet somehow also building star destroyers?

Considering they've made 9 movies now and only 4 at most are good apparently its harder than it seems. And that's not even getting into the mountains of garbage and failure in all versions of the EU. I hate to admit it but I think Rich Evans is on to something when he says the SW universe is very limited and small. Considering how repetitive the entire franchise and how shit most of it has been, it's hard to argue against.

Very few people seem to actually realize that the First Order's existence, the existence of fanatical Empire-like faction founded by only those Imperials who are ready to abandon everything for the cause... it was all actually part of Palpatine's plan in case he ever died, part of his Contingency.

Personally, I'm thrilled to see whether they'll elaborate on his endgame in leaving such a force behind in Episode IX

I watched the new Star Wars today. It wasn't nearly as bad as you autistic nerds said it was. It was not a great movie by any stretch, but it was what it was. The bomb thing was retarded and the titty beast was stupid, but the rest was fine.

bigtime ass hurt

there was always nepotism, but somehow everyone got stuck in the 80s but only in stories. Visually things have technically improved despite the composition being worse, but we keep seeing the same shit we saw. Literally these kikes ran out of ideas, as cliche as it sounds.

>Sometime after the Battle of Endor, the Alliance to Restore the Republic reorganized into the New Republic, and eventually defeated the Empire at the Battle of Jakku.
>Following their defeat, the Empire formally surrendered and signed the Galactic Concordance, which marked the end of the Imperial reign in the galaxy.
>With the Empire now being just a disarmed shell, a rogue remnant refused to accept the Galactic Concordance and fled into the Unknown Regions, and reorganized into the First Order.
>New Republic was afraid of becoming another Empire so they greatly reduced their navy following the Empire's defeat, and enjoyed an era of peace.
>But eventually the New Republic descended into the same bureaucratic mess and complacency that plagued the Old Republic. They ignored the First Order, because they believed that it wasn't a threat, that its increasing power were just rumors.
>First Order wanted to keep it that way, and avoided hostilities until the Starkiller Base was complete, resulting in years of cold war.
>Unwilling to passively stand and watch, Leia formed the Resistance, with the objective of opposing the First Order, often entering small skirmishes with it - but nothing to make the New Republic react.
>With the completion of the Starkiller Base, the First Order blew away the current capital of the New Republic, the Hosnian System along with the Senate and a significant portion of New Republic fleet.
>Open, TFA and TLF.
Tl;dr - the Rebellion was a huge alliance that became the New Republic, while the Resistance is just Leia's personal initiative

lol if Lucas made these movies they'd be state of the art virtual reality, now they're just turds released by disney.

>"Y-You're mad!"
Pathetic. Look, you go enjoy your movie collection featuring glow swords and death balls built by space nazis. I'm sure another 12 will be cranked out by Disney for you

>hire writers and directors who dont like star wars
thats how

I, maybe. II & III, no.

see

It's okay user, I know you don't believe that.

The map wasn't left behind for people to find him, it was just a trail to follow.
That map is what Luke used to find the first Jedi temple in the first place. Lor San Tekka and R2 helped with research, and them having the parts of that map was beyond Luke's control.

>nuEU
Why the fuck don't they have this as the opening scrawl for 7? I don't care about the bullshit Disney eu, either it's not canon if it's not onscreen or the Old EU is canon, no inbetween

citation needed

I just said I don't care for Star Wars and called the other guy a butthurt faggot for saying "durr movies arent all that original!". So you're illiterate too? No wonder you like Star Wars so much

RT has them all rated higher than TLJ no?

The old EU isn't canon, but content released after the 2014 reboot is canon.
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

see

see

So what the fuck is even the relationship between the Rebellion/New Republic and the Imperial remnants? Who signed the peace treaty after Sheev and presumably all of his underlings blew up? Do people in Imperial space get voting rights or whatever the point of the original rebellion was?
Like I understand the idea of a few die hard supporters carrying on the fight, something of a Jesse James figure to the Civil War, but it's not like the US signed a formal peace treaty with the Confederates afterwards and let them keep all their land

is this some new technique from you kike fucks?

see

asshurt fag

Lucas cocksucker

Give it 2 to 3 days for you top reflect on it

This; I went dark from the web between release & seeing it; I don't get the level of vitriol being spewed at it. Luke's direction was disappointing, but still true to the character for the path he was made to walk.

Disney shills won't let up

ffs I'm not a shill; but if disney wants to give up some cash for me to say what I already was, point me to the signup.

They still have the Knights of Ren. Hoping they can save episode IX.

> Who signed the peace treaty after Sheev and presumably all of his underlings blew up?
Grand Vizier Mas Amedda.

>So what the fuck is even the relationship between the Rebellion/New Republic and the Imperial remnants?
What was still formally the Empire had to remain within predetermined boundaries in Core and Inner Rim, cease all hostilities with the New Republic, cease recruitment and mobilization of stormtrooper forces, give up its capital of Coruscant, and was forbidden from practicing torture. Eventually even that remnants fell apart, and some of the formerly Imperial world sought to join the New Republic.

More details here:
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_Concordance
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galactic_Empire#Dissolution

Shill with the most replies tonight/tomorrow gets a new iPhone 8
>t. actual Disney shill

Meant for:

>Literally who is picked to direct and write movie
>Only has experience writing a few things
>Only has experience directing one decent film
>Almost half the experience is 'short' films
That's how.

how can I get on this moneytrain, since my defending of 8 gets me called a shill anyway?

I watched it a second time today with my family. I was upset with snoke and Luke's death at first, but now it's pretty understandable. The Leia scene is still terrible though.

what else can you do? the emperor is some decrepit wizard who shoots lightning, the good guy beats him and is named Skywalker. The story is done.

it'd easy. you're jewish, right?

Sure, let's go with yes. I'm circumcised.

>I've been dipped in boiling hot water a second time now, and I must it's not as bad as I first thought...

>SAVE US, ABRAMS MYSTERY BOXES!!!

Just ask your rabbi

Remind me fellow jew, what's the exchange rate for a share of disney stock in foreskins currently?

>How'd they fuck it up
Because these directors don't read the classics and they're obsessed with being "unique" rather than good.

Heroic Epics are disdained by these people because they're viewed as "problematic" because of how the men and women are portrayed. The works of Jospeh Campbell as well. The current generation of creators has been taught that they caught separate source material from the author so all the works that should be the basis of their understanding for story telling are ignored, while stories that hit the correct "Social Justice" Quotas are focused on, which ONLY focus on meeting those quotas.

After that you then have the idea that "to be cliche is to be bad" and that "uniqueness and surprise makes a good movie." You've got all these toddlers in this industry who don't even know how to walk, but all think that walking is bad and you can only be good if you run. They overstep themselves in trying to run which leads to choices that only exist to be shocking or a twist and why "spoiling" something is becoming such a crime now.

Because all these new projects are, are their surprises. They have nothing of value outside them so if you remove that, they are nothing. A good product that is spoiled is still good.

At this point all one can assume is that the republic is backed and funded by the various cartels, what do they have left but the hutts etc to turn to?

They didn't fuck it up, they made exactly what they wanted to. Disney explicitly said they're not making the new movies for the fans. they're leaving old values and expectations to create a new thing based on star wars for the new progressive generation.

Of course it's awful shallow garbage with no substance or weight to it whatsoever, but that doesn't matter as it will generate a gorillion dollars anyway because people are brain dead. Ergo they're doing the "right thing", and will only continue to do so. Do you folks not get that?

Your points fall apart because the movie is bleeding money faster than any other before it.

Wait, what? I didn't hear about that

Is that true? If so I'm laffing

they aren't selling toys or games though. boys don't want to be some fat vietcong broad, surprise

Bleeding implies it's lost money; it's already made 3x its budget & still making more.
It's not making as much as it could have or was assumed it would, but that's not the same as bleeding it.

People keep saying it isn't making them money, what's that one based on?

That doesn't look like a big loss at all. Of course it's not making as much as TFA - it's not the first Star Wars movie to be released in a decade.

it is when you pad 4 billion for the franchise dipshit

This is fucking dumb. EU for all its worldbuilding flaws largely did not pretend that the New Republic was a force capable of taking on the Empire, even beheaded Empire, in a direct fight and winning. The Rebel fleet at Endor was no match to what the fucking Trade Federation could field, before its actual military buildup for sececcion, an the Imperial Fleet according to the OT canon had combined firepower twice that of the second Death Star. The Empire back when SW pretended to make sense only collapsed because with no obvious heir in sight it was every admiral, moff and important minister for himself, and they expended like 90% of the fleet fighting each other before the New Republic even became an official thing.

It's fallen faster than Rogue One, a spinoff film.
The Last Jedi is meant to be the LIFEBLOOD, the start of a trilogy that was meant to be as timeless as the original.

And it's failed.

The Empire was already worn down by the time of the Battle of Jakku, and there are other circumstances I didn't bring up. Let's just say that the Empire couldn't help but be weakened following the Emperor's death.

Can I see total money made over the first 10 days, rather than percentage decline from Day 1?

Even if they explain this shit, there's no need for us to have to find all this shit just for the entire plot of a whole fucking trilogy to make a lick of sense. They should've displayed this shit in the movie in some way instead of leaving us in the dark. Even if the Prequels relied upon the old EU to expand the movies out, it never was this fucking bad.

"there's a group called the First Order that rose from the ashes of the Empire, the New Republic won't intervene, but Leia is leading a Resistance to oppose the First Order" is stuff that we do know from TFA itself though.

So that means there is still a faction of 'Imperial Remnants' out there as well as the First Order?

We never get any insight to why these factions have formed. We have no idea what the fuck happened to the Galaxy in 30 years. We are never shown in this movie anything about the New Republic or any of its corruption to show substance to Hux's speech on the Star Killer. We're forced to believe that this shit just happened without any sort of political background. Say whatever about the politics in the Prequels, but here's the thing about wars that people forget. You can't have wars without politics. Countries and governmental bodies enter wars for political reasons, and in these new Star Wars films, they're either doing films with war based with no politics, or trying to incorporate politics and doing it to such a shitty degree that thinking about the logistics about it is insulting or confusing.

And same poster here. I'm talking about in the movies, not in any Disney EU source outside of the movies.

Not exactly...
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Adelhard's_Imperial_remnant
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jakku_Imperial_remnant
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_remnant_(Core_and_Inner_Rim)
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_remnant_(Cold_war)

None of these are functional as of the sequel trilogy however, with the sole exception for the Cold war Imperial remnant, which is now known as the First Order.

There are immense creative restrictions when it comes to movies nowadays. My theory is that its due to the huge budgets paradoxically. They have all this money invested and they can't risk absolutely anything. They go for the blandest shit and characters must check different boxes to appease the largest amount of people. This is done because they need to recover the hundreds of millions they spent in marketing and boost their merchandise sales (some say movies are just an advert for the merch they sell Star Wars in particular).
Dunno how true this is but I've seen the same thing happen to the video game industry, when shareholders start deciding the direction the game has to go in it all goes to shit

Jews

>There are immense creative restrictions when it comes to movies nowadays. My theory is that its due to the huge budgets paradoxically.

This, it's just business. But sooner or later something new and original comes along and the big companies will either have to adapt or they'll just buy the thing, like with Star Wars (and ruin that too). I do wonder for how long Hollywood can keep this up with these awful movies, it hasn't been this bad in a long while

>start of a trilogy

I think he mean the Rian Johnson supposed trilogy.

Arnt they making another two at least?Trilogies sorta fucked off when they started doing two part finales like in tv.

Rewatch them.
Theyre hard to watch.
Phantom Menace is a nightmare.

What amazes me is the harder people try to be different the more they behave the same. There is nothing unique about them, they are gasping on their own fumes.

Well lets talk about the ships. Did you know I could drop bombs onto other ships like a B52 in space? But hell why do we need to do that when we can just any ship in the fleet. Strap a droid onto it and tell it to ram into that ship at light speed.

No Kathleen Kennedy said Rian Johnson will have his own SW trilogy after TLJ. After this trainwreck of a movie I doubt that will ever happen btw.

Mark Hamill said it himself. Disney didn't care about making a good story , but they wanted to milk the franchise as much as possible.

Also the needed Anti white and liberal agenda which is forced upon us every big hollyjew blockbuster.

reminder Snoke wasn't even necessary as a character since Kylo was an empireboo in the first place

This is particularly true. Blade Runner 2049 being a prime example of a great and creative franchise with a plot that took risks but because of that, it doesn't appeal to a mainstream audience and it ended up under performing in the box office.

Investors just want to invest in bland basic shit that works hence why the Marvel movie formula works so well despite detractors constantly saying for the last 10 years that the super hero genre will burst. This also plays a part, because now all the general audience is exposed to are Quips: The Movie - with EXPLOSIONS!

It's the best star wars movie, you're all retarded