Rogue One #2 (May 3)
Adventures in Wild Space #6 (May 4)

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer
youtu.be/zB4I68XVPzQ

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
youtu.be/-b7GAhnVwhA

>Battlefront 2 trailer:
youtu.be/Kae-JjbLsgA

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

ew.com/movies/2017/04/14/kathleen-kennedy-episode-ix-carrie-fisher-death/
starwars.com/news/doctor-aphra-wins-hasbros-star-wars-fan-figure-vote
strawpoll.me/12896770
youtube.com/watch?v=dXlao2KNYjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=U9t-slLl30E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>/swg/ armband

REMINDER
REMINDER
REMINDER
REMINDER

YOU FUCKED IT UP IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE "REVENGE OF THE FIFTH" EDITION

There's still time. The fifth isn't over yet, and I'm sure this thread won't last all day.

updated

Best EU Ship.

0 Days since last /ss/ or Krennic post

Also this

> Not Revenge of the 5th edition

You had one job, OP.

That looks like a Chibi X-Wing. At least post a less silly picture of a Z-95

The problem isn't the tech, its the thinking behind it. JJ is nothing if not a birdman, desperately copying what he thinks made a movie work without really understanding it
In this example, he understood that the Rebel base at Yavin 4 leaned heavily on old RAF bases in WW2 for its aesthetic and energy, so copied that way too hard in TFA because he didn't understand the more fantastical and strange aspect surrounding it was what made it work

So, Ep 9 is being completely rewritten. Just how major a role was Leia going to have?

Who cares?
The ST is a dumpster fire.
Rian will make as good a movie that can be made with the story threads from TFA, then Trevorrow will shit all over it.

Got a source on that?
But I imagine she would have been about as prominent as she looks to be in TLJ, much more present in the Resistance part of the story, leading whatever remains of the NR against the First Order

Well said.
Altough I don't think that story threads' shittiness alone will stop Johnson from delivering. Have hope user. Rebelions are built on hope.

>No Noir detective story taking place in the sleazy underbelly of coruscant
>No Twi'lek staffed strip clubs
I doubt Disney would have the balls to do an R Rated Star Wars film.

ew.com/movies/2017/04/14/kathleen-kennedy-episode-ix-carrie-fisher-death/

>“Obviously, with Carrie having passed away, it shook everybody,” Kennedy says. As they tried to figure out what this meant for Leia’s continuing story, the only option was to leave their original ideas behind. “We pretty much started over,” Kennedy adds.

Don't get me wrong, as much as I hate Disney and TFA and the nucanon, Rian Johnson is talented guy and the movie will be much better than TFA technically.
The narrative is completely unsalvageable though.
I don't want to see the rebels vs. the evil empire with one Jedi to save the day AGAIN.

And IX has the same writing and directing team as Jurassic world so it's DOA.

Honestly i'm happy that that the ST was shit. Proves that it's not so easy to make Star Wars.

>Rebels base is hidden inside of an old Temple, one of many that are all over Yavin
>Resistance base is kind of out in the open
Christ

What are those /swco/?

"Star Wars is for 12 year olds" - George Lucas

Another reason to bitch about the ST

>The narrative is completely unsalvageable
>i'm happy that that the ST was shit
this nigga...

possibly nebulon k frigates but who knows

Nebulon B's?

a nu-ESBfag in the making "dude the middle episode was the best fuck happy endings xd"

As yet unidentified New Republic ships, presumably from the same company/design school as the old Nebulon frigates judging by how they share a "axe blade" look at the front
>Rebels were hiding from a widespread and well supplied Empire that dominated the known galaxy
>The Resistance is hiding from a mobile threat with most of its planets deeper into the Unknown Regions
Not defending the visual design, but the Resistance is fighting a different enemy in a different situation. Better to be able to just pack up and move on as fast as possible than to try and camouflage and wait out passing patrols

That guy here.
ANH was better than ESB.
Rian Johnson is the only talented director involved with the ST though.

they might be inspired by it but youll notice they are only the front "half" and they might be proportionally smaller (but star wars always plays fast and loose with starship scale)

Everything is a reason to bitch about the ST to someone.
People bitch about the new directors, and the exact same people would be bitching if it was Lucas directing them

>Rian Johnson is the only talented director involved with the ST
Ok, I can't argue with that, but to say that you're happy, that ST (or more accurately TFA) was shit just to prove some point of yours is pretty retarded.

>and the exact same people would be bitching if it was Lucas directing them
pretty sure it would be different people

What can I say, I like Lucas as a filmmaker more than I like SW.

You'd be amazed at the crossover I suspect
Never underestimate the power of people who desperately want to be right in their pessimism

>Not Revenge of the Fifth edition
>Not even Cinco de Mayo Edition with Sombrero Vader

Good news people who want to moan about the nu canon!

starwars.com/news/doctor-aphra-wins-hasbros-star-wars-fan-figure-vote

Also I expect a hot-glue video featuring this figure within 24 hours of its release, and I know the internet will not let me down in that

>she will never meet Boil

Nope.
You may be surprised, but edgelords whose opinions are based on how esgy they are and nothing else are a vast minority.
Most people bitch about JJ and Treverov exactly because they want Lucas.

Aphra a cute

Fitting really, since it was those people's nostalgia boners that convinced JJ that clinging to the OT's coat tails was the right course of action

you'd think that but boy are they a LOUD minority

She must of had some kinky wet dreams growing up.

Damn right user

You can go back in time to 2012 and hire someone else to write and direct TFA. And no, it can't be George Lucas.

Who would it be?

How do you get it twisted this bad?
It was the opposite of a nostalgia boner. It was the fact the Lucas goes balls deep with new places, creatures and stories every time.

Dave Filoni

Darth Filonus

Jorge Lukas.

real answers
-Terrence Malick
-David Fincher
-Denis Villenueve
-Ridley Scott
-Spielberg himself finally
-Dave Filoni

I'd go
VII- Spielberg
VIII- Fincher
IX- Malick

I'll do it user

Tommy Wiseau.

Resistance isn't fighting the dominant government, however

Filoni for the whole ST

But the home of the dominant government was blown up.

correct, but the resistance=/=NR
FO is highly mobile, as is resistance
wish canon went more into the political side of things

That's not literally nothing to do with anything, especially not what that guy was saying

>she will never meet Boil

Says who? We don't know if he died during the war. The mere fact that she's got his name on her armor likely indicated that he did go back to Ryloth. Otherwise it'd probably have Boil AND Waxer's names.

>but the resistance=/=NR
So stupid.

Yep, I should not have to piece together the current status of galactic politics from visual guides and novels released months after the fact
I get JJ brought into the prequel hate and thought politics might scare people, but even something as simple as Leia outlining that she's cut off from the Republic officially and only gets support under the table would have helped a lot. Plus clarifying the whole Hosnia Prime thing as well

>"Please use standard female mouth sock"
Seriously? What might that be?

Steven Spielberg's non-union Mexican equivalent

>strawpoll.me/12896770

>thicc leading

You dissappoint me /swco/

What's stupid about it?
The New Republic is in no shape to start properly preparing for war, but Leia still firmly believes one is coming. She leaves the Senate, uses her money and favours accrued over the years to build herself a flexible scout unit akin to the fighter squadrons she worked with back in the Rebellion, and leads them into the Unknown Regions to begin scouting out the First Order. Officially the New Republic cannot support because it turns out governments get really fucking angry when you not so secretly fund paramilitary groups that aim to undermine their authority, but a lot of people within the NR support what Leia is doing so they lend her what support they can

youtube.com/watch?v=dXlao2KNYjQ
here you go

I've seen that, or notes similar to that, on quite a bit of Rebels concept art, I think its just the generic filler they use for mouths when they're open when the character talks or just has an open mouth for whatever reason
Not sure why there's a distinctly female version but I'm not an animator

It's stupid because none of that is in the movie, JJ.

Never even tried to defend how retardedly the movie approached its political background mate, and sadly pretty much all of that was pulled entirely from the new canon
I swear most of the reason TFA sucks while TLJ sounds pretty good is that the Story Group is exercising a lot more influence now

I want SS to corner Ezra like that.

My life for yours.

So now that the dust have settled, what does a communication's disruption mean?

>ANH base is based inside of a cool pyramid
>TFA base is just an abandoned airbase that's was also filmed for Beyoncé and Top Gear
kek

I still don't understand why they gave Bad Robot so much leeway with TFA. It was supposed to be the cornerstone of the whole ST era, so why the hell you aren't micromanaging the hell out of it?

Then you get Pablo surpised in the theater, spotting changes he wasn't aware about. Idiotic.

Was TFA really a rush job hammered out for a deadline, while the Story Group works with Johnson on the real foundation for the sequel era?

It means, Bibble, we got fucking invaded. Now stop letting the dust settle, we're meant to be cleaning up the palace

>Top Gear
TONIGHT! James flies a TIE Fighter, Hammond has some blue milk, and I make the Kessel Run!

KENOBIIIAGAHAHGAHGGHA

I'm increasingly inclined to think so, the timeline set out in the Art Book is incredibly fast for a movie of this size and scope
Part of me wonders if Disney were concerned about the optics of them acquiring Star Wars, wiping the canon and then being seen to not be doing a lot with the license otherwise. It would explain the speed of the turnaround

>Acts like Maul
>Is really a pre-corruption Savage

>Captain Slow in one of the fastest vehicles in Star Wars
I've never seen a TIE not scream around like it was on crystal meth, it would be interesting to see one flown more sedately

Reminder that Clarkson likes the prequels.

es muy bueno

What are they doing with those kids?

Sheev hooks them up to a machine to suck out their life force so he can see the future.

I thought he was turning them into more Inquisitors?

That sounds rather non-lewd

What's the most dangerous creature in the galaxy and why is it the seagull

youtube.com/watch?v=U9t-slLl30E

What happens to them between the kidnapping and the life-suck 5000 is none of Sheev's business

t. Seventh Sister

posting cute

That just looks weird man
The unedited Iden is a much better Imperial Fu

posting best ship

TACO'D

TENGO EL HIGH GROUND ANAKIN

Thanks for that, you're hilarious.

But imagine if Galen had looked like THIS