Double King

so, does his crown fixation had someting to do with him trying to climb the hierarchy ladder, a deeper meaning we do not get yet, or good ol` autism?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_(religious_iconography)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pretty sure there is no meaning behind anything in that short and it was just an excuse to have rad animation

well
there's that alternative
but what about when he's falling with the crown and encounters his "people" in caves?
idk but i think that has something to do with his crown obsession

He's from a race of cave-dwelling troglodytes.
He probably just thinks that crowns =important person, so the more crowns he has the more important he is.

this is a M E E P thread now

He really just wants crowns. He doesn't want anything that goes along with it. Look at what happened when the rat people came to worship. He just seemed confused and laid down some rat traps

He just wants crowns
He doesnt give a fuck about power. You can see this by how he hates and ignores all the people/things he becomes ruler of after killing their respective leaders

He wants crowns because crowns

I'm going to apply Hockams razor for this one

Were you not paying attention at all?

The crowns confer royal-ness onto any being influenced by them. The cloud became a king when a crown fell on his head, and the pumpkin became a queen when the king cloud rained on her.

Hell, the Double King's FINGER started to become a king.

These crowns were important. Even if all the Double King wanted was more crowns, and not to rule anyone.

I think there was meaning but it's a fairly basic greed allegory. Careful what you wish for 'cause you might get it, self-destructiveness of greed, etc.
There's no trippy hidden story, despite the colossal amount of drugs the creator takes. Like, a coffee drug every fucking morning? Madman.

>Hell, the Double King's FINGER started to become a king.
Did it?

No, Double King just saw the crown on his finger and let let his crown-lust take over.

Someone should post the Double Nigger edit

Dude just really likes crowns.

I think you should go get some fresh air

t.Cosgrove

Yeah, I didn't think so either.

The effect used for the background of the mountain goat king was pretty similar to the halos used to depict holiness or divine grace in old art (I wish I knew the exact era or style but this article shows some en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_(religious_iconography) ). So I think that's why there's that big chain off of that specific crown. It's a special one.

I do have to note that the fish's subjects never appear at the door, so the crab probably either did take power or was always in power and the fish was just his guard. (Or maybe they never showed up because they can't travel on land.) And the whole bit of the subjects showing up to request audience with Double King gestures towards him earning the kingdoms with his crown stealing (and king murder).

Does anyone have a gif of Agatha taking the napkin crown and putting it on hers with the mouth opening at the end? It's cute.

Or know a good way of making it, my youtube download stuff is broken and I haven't found a replacement solution.

you're the autist for attempting to read into things that aren't there. it's just a cartoon, man.
sometimes things just are.

Just use youtube-dl

Double King was already a powerful figure, he had a huge castle and a mobile lion-powered fortress at his disposal so he must have had a pretty good amount of political clout.

Is he the Ovum Regia/Egg King, or did he take the Egg King's crown and transport?

i just realized she kept the napkin crown, it wasn't there when the big 'un got plopped on top of double king

Sometimes he'll even splurge on a sugar drug and drink a whole soda pop, he must be tripping hardcore!

Thanks, it worked great.

Its a metaphor for the futility and emptyness of seeking power for power's sake.

Thats just cute, CUTE!

this makes the most sense

We do see his hand struggling, when he's holding it down.

I think the latter. I think the whole castle he lives in, everything he has, was taken from the egg king

He's probably one of those cave dwelling things with a crown fetish that took the Egg Kings crown

The morals of this tale are thus:
>if a king coronates himself and no one is around to see it, doesn't matter, he's got the crown. Hell, he's got two if he wants, who's gonna stop him?
>all that glitters is not gold, sometimes it's just a pumpking's crown
>the king is dead! Long live the kinger!
>keep your goddamn self away from my goddamn crowntain, I have a gun
>the squeaky wheel gets the eminence grise

Thank you, friend

>not having a crown on both dicks
4/10 is the best I can do

He'd just cut them off.

It's like the head of the hydra, when you cut one off two grow in its place

Why do you think he has two

If you think there is no meaning behind Double King
You are the autist
It's obviously rife with moral intention

This
Duh

HE HELD THE LINE

This sound stills haunts me

What would happen if Doubleking received the Ted Behelit?

>jewish circumsion

>Look at what happened when the rat people came to worship.
What was that about anyway? Are they embassies? Do they just turn coats when their kings die? What is that rite about?

he would throw it away because its not a crown

The way I read it was pointless greed.

Due to the transference of the Goat King's royalty, it can be assumed that the crowns themselves hold some sort of power, rather than merely being representative of a title. That's why the rats, flies, pumpkins, etc came to the Double King's castle, because the crown and whatever power it bestows is what's important, not the rat that was wearing it.

The Double King does not seem to be actually using any of this royal power, except when he applies it to obtain more crowns to hoard. This is also signified by his reaction to the cockatoo. He doesn't desire the cockatoo's power (it has none), merely the physical representation of its crown. When he takes the Mushroom King's crown, he does not care for it, regardless of the power it may bring him, because it does not look physically resemble the object of his obsession. He even rejects some of that power in the form of his lion-cannon-fortress, for fear that it may jeopardize his ownership of the next crown he seeks.

cont.

The way I read the dismemberment scene is that, seeing a crown on something that was not his own head, his greed overcame his sense, and his desire for another crown was so great as to drive him to self-destruction, even if it was fatal.

I see the banquet as the ultimate proof of this interpretation. He is provided with great luxury and privilege, possibly being the eternal reward that accompanies the divine right of a king. But he rejects this luxury entirely, desiring only more crowns. When it is properly impressed upon him that he is powerless to obtain Agatha's crown, he is actually willing to settle for a folded napkin, something that has no possible significance other than the superficial resemblance to a crown.

His irrationality is further illustrated by the others, who now treat the crowns as trivial decoration. But he genuinely does not care at all, since he could very well remain at the banquet with his new crown, but to him, nothing else matters in the universe as long as he has his crown.

>Agatha

Who the fuck is Agatha?

Well, even if you hadn't watched the credits where it names each character, you could probably assume it's the one who took the napkin crown and put it on hers with the mouth opening at the end

So what would happen if Double King came across the Lich?

goddammit forgot the image.

He would take his crown what else.

>Rat King dies, the one wearing Rat King crown is new King of Rat Kingdom

I think they came to pledge fealty

It's not the type of crown he likes but he'd just rip off the Lich's head like Finn did

He'd probably make a beeline for Ice King's

Just autism.

Crowns are cool, after all.

That's a dumb name for a guy.

nice

fukkin saved

Oh, cool, glad you like it. I tweaked the ffmpeg settings, and I think this one is a bit nicer, though.

Jealousy and greed blah blah blah.

What the fuck was in that cave though?

What I'm most happy with this short is that Felix seems to be getting better and better at humor, there's some good chuckles in there.

these threads are 10/10 comfy t b q h

DK's neglected, abandoned people.

DK probably wasn't even the king of his own people

It's likely his original crown was from murdering the egg king

Is he, dare i say it
/ourguy/?

pig with a pig in its mouth

Pig de la Pig

It's not the same without the music, but here's this too.

The steel drum out of nowhere was an amazing accent to the comedy there.

It's highly likely there is an allegory, considering most of Felix's other works are