I dont get it

I dont get it

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquarela_do_Brasil
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It just means you're dumb, that's fine.

What is there not to get?

Guy lives in a totalitarian but comically incompetent and inefficient society and loses himself in fantasies of being a hero or a rebel, becomes a target of the regime, gets captured and tortured and goes mad, therefore finding the only way to actually escape the world he lives in.

What's the point of the movie though
I hate movies that say the whole movie is a dream

The point of the movie is to enjoy it.

HOLY SHIT... nicely done...

To make fun of the trapping of industrialization, automatization and overt bureaucracy, comedically subvert the orwellian idea of a totalitarian nation as being unbelievably strong and efficient by showing one that's corrupt, badly maintained and suffering from incompetence at every level, examine escapism as a coping mechanism and generally be an enjoyable movie.

UMA DELICIA

Yeah but what's the point it could all be a dream. Maybe he is just a delusional man in a normal society.
Anyway you might be right but the moment they say it's all a dream I feel cheated and cannot identify with the protagonists anymore. I hate TWEEST

only the ending is a dream

Hi Terry

>Yeah but what's the point it could all be a dream.

I don't see much reason to assume that anything but the clear fantasy sequences and the escape fantasy towards the ending was a dream.

I wish.

only what happens after the chase is a dream, and it's pretty obviously a dream sequence

the point of the movie is that the world is bad because people like you exsist

Why is it called Brazil anyway?

Ironically, Brazil (the country) is full of incompetent people and with bureaucracy. And we almost become communists. Jesus.

You don't have to

Angel Heart is better

WHERE HEARTS WERE ENTERTAINING JUNE

idiot

Don't worry, soon we will have a movie that we can understand
A real movie!

Pickle Rick!

BRAAZIIIIIIIIIL

NANANA NANA NANANAAAAAAA

Because of the song.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquarela_do_Brasil

>Ironically, Brazil (the country) is full of incompetent people and with bureaucracy.
Or it could be intentional, and the director was trying to save face by not saying "hey, you stupid fucking retarded country with extreme bureaucracy and a stupid military dictatorship, your country is corrupt and full of idiots and i hate you"

>I hate movies that say the whole movie is a dream
You truly are a brainlet.

>The idea for the film was born years ago, when Mr. Gilliam was scouting locations for ''Jabberwocky'' in Wales. ''We were in this steel town on the coast, Port Talbot, a really awful place,'' he recalls. ''The beach was completely covered with iron ore, black and awful, and I was there at sunset, seeing these strange industrial shapes all over the place.''
>At that moment an odd image floated into his mind. ''All I could see was this guy at sunset, sitting on the beach, fidding with his radio,'' Mr. Gilliam says. ''He's tuning in the radio and getting this wonderful Latin escapist romantic music that has nothing to do with the world he's in. As it turned out, that's not in the film, but it's still what the film is about.''
>Indeed, although the country of Brazil plays no role in the movie, the jaunty popular song of the same name is a constant and ironic refrain. Mr. Gilliam claims that he named the movie ''Brazil'' because ''I couldn't think of anything else to call it,'' although he did toy with ''1984 1/2'' as a possibility.

as if the political shit and personal interests would be that simple in them

i guess you never even bothered to watch Winter Soldier or Civil War

Yes, I do think that's it, because that music is brazilian too. He just found an excuse to not look bad.

The movie argument is too similar to Brazil (the country).

thank you, I forgot that this board is almost bad as Sup Forums

Nice, thanks.