How did you expect the story to actually go vs the reality?

How did you expect the story to actually go vs the reality?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I expected and was prepared for overt political correctness, contemporary aesthetics and storytelling techniques, but I didn't expect it to be a straight up bad, contradictory, pointless film, which it is.

i expected the story to go somewhere, it did not

I think everyone wanted to see a 80 year old luke kicking the first cuckholds asses apart

Is this the only example of the second entry in a franchise doing a 360° turn?

I expected Luke being all wise like Yoda or Obi Wan training Ray, and delivering some memorable lines, and probably kicking some ass at the end. Then I expected a great reveal about Snoke and Rey's place in the saga and the movie to end in an interesting cliffhanger for Episode IX.

Instead we got a shitty self-contained artsy story that barely holds as a sequel to TFA, that was already meh, let alone as a sequel to the ep. I-VI, full of SJW garbage and wasted characters with shitty marvel tier quips and a messy plot that ultimate lead nowhere and goes nowhere for Episode IX, plus super Leia.

literally everything you said

It honestly makes TFA look like a good film

>I expected Finn to have character development through him meeting Phasma again. I Expected the same for Phasma and the setup for a final between these two in the 3rd movie.
>I expected Poe to have character development. It could have been done by him being aware of the admirals plan and still go against it because he thinks he knows better. That plan than fails and gets people killed and Poe has to face that.
>I expected Luke's character to have grown and be there for a reason other than just waiting to die.
>I expected Rey to get some actual training from Luke.
>I expected Leia's character to be send off in a respectfull way.
>I expected Snoke to be of actual importance to the story.
>I expected either Rey or Kylo to switch sides and set up the tension for the final movie.
>I expected Benicio's character to matter.
>I expected Rose to matter.
>I expected the admiral to matter.
tl;dr
I didn't get what I expected.

>no plotholes
>no middle finger to the fans.
>takes place in a galaxy with trillions of people and thousands of planets. Not a vacuum of 30 people.

How I expected it to go

>Kylo Ren and Rey realize the old dichotomy of Jedi vs Sith and Empire vs Rebellion isn't helping, and that it just continues the problem, so they abandon this old way of thinking and instead join together and force a new path

How it went:

>Kylo goes back to the dark side and Rey goes back to wanting to be a Jedi

Why can't you jews come up with your own ideas, instead of trying to steal them for free by crowd-sourcing clueless fanboys on Sup Forums?

This

>expected Kylo to show signs of giving up on trying to be a dark side emo goth kid
>expected Rey to recklessly dabble in the dark side
>expected Snoke to be some ancient force entity like that Bendu thing from Rebels
>expected Poe to be based as fuck and succeed Leia as resistance leader
>expected Leia to die
>expected the FO to be on their last legs like the resistance after losing their giant doomsday weapon
>expected Finn versus Phasma to redeem both characters
>expected Phasma to kill some fuckers before going out like a boss
>expected Rose to be the traitor and to die a traitor's death
>didn't expect all the qt resistance pilots to die
>expected Luke to sacrifice himself heroically to allow everyone to escape Snoke's ship while he stays behind to fight

I expected a story
I got a 2.5h anime filler

>2.5h anime filler
That's surprisingly accurate.

A Star Wars film by an "outside" director with an original creative vision that subverts all expectations is objectively a good, or at least interesting thing. Not as a next-to-last continuation entry in an otherwise campy, fun, and predictable nine film saga though.

I was hoping for fun twists like Ren killing Snoke, but I wasn't prepared for endless quips and Leia's space resurrection.

I got the whole movie spoiled to me so it was pretty much exactly what I expected, the only difference being that I thought the asian hottie was gonna do the kamikaze attack instead of Holdo.
Before the spoilers I really didn't stop to think about what this movie would be like at all, since I just hated TFA way too much. I only thought that this movie would definitely have a new Battle of Hoth since TFA was an obvious remake of ANH this was gonna be an obvious remake of ESB. But that was pretty clear, anyone could make that guess.

where the fuck is that photo from

>Luke not dying half way into a trilogy but it worked for han so fuck it.
>Finn Rey and Poe getting some backstory and something to actually do comfy bants
>Cool lightsaber duel between reylosnoke
>Dumb fun space battles
>Refined humor
>3 plotholes from tla cleared up
It was literally impossible to fuck up.

Rain Johnson's should be skalped and thrown in a trash compactor on Star killer base 2

>star wars animu

If only
youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU