Why can't star wars do badass female protags right?

Why can't star wars do badass female protags right?

Battlestar galactica got that shit down pat a fucking decade ago

anime.

>Battlestar galactica got that shit down pat a fucking decade ago

So a badass female has to be a slut with major issues?

Most badass male characters are just the same.

I never really thought of her as badass. She struck me as more of a "jarhead" soldier type, but with interesting character growth and background.

They don't have to be a slut, but nobody can be a badass without major issues, female or not

Sarah Connor was a badass female protagonist who didn't sleep around, for example, as was Ellen Ripley

The original character was a man so she was written as a man with a vagina

More characterisation than SW

>Sarah Connor
>didn't sleep around

Her son literately called her out for sleeping around in T2.

Not really, Bonds sexual adventures aren't seen as a negative.

>Why can't star wars do badass female protags right?
Cause they write a FEMALE character, instead of a CHARACTER that just HAPPENS to be female.

You've never actually seen the OS have you?

I'm sorry I don't remember that obscure throwaway line from a 25-year-old movie

She doesn't sleep with anyone except Kyle on camera and she spends the rest of her time in a mental asylum until the events of T2, so I'm not sure when she'd get the time for sluttiness nor how John would find out but I guess I stand corrected

Either way, sluttiness isn't a requirement for badassery, but issues are

And Ripley, and Sarah Connor. Same with blacks. It was good when it was about good characters and not about "diversity". Having "diversity" quotas with shitty SJW purple haired bitches in my Star Wars just makes me remember I'm watching a movie, it just ruins my immersion.

The fact that John's birth is from her having sex with a guy she just met. Isn't really great.

>sleep with chick
>she ends up dead, and wouldn't if he hadn't fucked her

>sleep with chick
>shes a villain and was just stalling him until he could be captured, getting information out of him or just using him

Bonds sluttiness gets him into trouble often and it is a bad thing. His plot armor often gets him out of it.

He's still the only dude we ever see her fuck

Sexual promiscuity is not a key character trait of hers, at least not from the perspective of the audience

Her girlfriend asks her about her current boyfriend, or if she has a new one. She even asks her to come with her and her boyfriend to hook up with someone new IIRC.

She was a classic 20 something bouncing from guy to guy.

Starbuck was a whore though. As cucked as Disney is, at least they aren’t brainwashing little girls into thinking casual sex is okay

Again not a scene I remember at all

She had a girlfriend?

You just wrote a female character that's 1000x more interesting that any shit Disney tries to sell us.

Little girls weren't the target audience for Battlestar Galactica

Smoking a cigar is a male trope therefore it is forbidden behavior from a progressive female character.

>thinking casual sex is okay
>implying it isn't

So was Ripley, and it worked. "Man with a vagina" just means entertaining character played by a woman.

Found the edgelord. There’s always at least one waiting to come out of the woodwork

Female pop stars already have that angle covered. Movies don't need to do it.

The first movie. Her roommate asks her about her boyfriend. The roommate is seen as a party-girl, Sarah is seen as a mess that can't keep her job, bank account, or relationship, in order. She sets herself straight during her adventures with Kyle.

In T2, John talks about his mother finding new men constantly. This is eventually revealed to be her seeking "would-be" father figures that both she and John can learn from, to prepare for the future war.

>muh edgelord boogieman

She's a pretty realistic female character. She's a person with fairly common issues who becomes hardened over time because of them.

Agreed.
I never considered her slutting it up like suggests. Had he explained the character in the first place, his argument would have died in a single post.