So uh, where the hell were lapis and peridot?

So uh, where the hell were lapis and peridot?

Lapis could have easily stopped the homeworld ship without the gems needing to fuse. In fact, she probably could have ended the whole conflict on her own if Steven and the gems bothered to come find her before trying to deal with homeworld

They were watching canadian soap in the barn, since those two don't give a shit about townies.

>So uh, where the hell were lapis and peridot?
So uh, who cares?

Lapis is actually Aqua and Peridot is shit anyway

Sugar has no idea what to do with them since she canned the Cluster in a single episode and Jasper in a mini-arc, that's why she benched them for fillers and barely anything plot related.

A fragile, faded Lapis Lazuli taking on Blue Diamond's favorite Aquamarine? You flatter yourself. Maybe in your prime you could have been halfway entertaining, but now you're just a washed up slag. Why do you think no one ever came for you? Because you're just not that important.

>create two interesting Homeworld gems from the first season
>lots of episodes of later seasons develop and redeem the characters
>slap them in a barn together
>now only use them for filler and fuck up their personalities completely to make them some old lesbian aunts who never want to actually get out the barn

I just read that in her voice.

Because this show, much like AT before it, is burdened with that 'almost' problem.

The shows are 'almost' good. The amazing ingredients they cook up are 'almost' utilized. The characters 'almost' get arcs and side characters 'almost' break out of that status and become truly relevant.

Then each one snaps back into the status quo that got boring a long time ago, and it'd 'almost' be acceptable if the dumped and misused ingredients weren't presented in such a way that it didn't feel like a kick in the balls for the viewers.

They were busy smoking weed and being useless fucks.

you just summed up my entire dorm in a sentence

Never forget that Lapis and Peridot have phones and Steven could have called them at any point in the episode.

I can easily imagine Lapis lazing around, hitting the bong while watching trash reality tv.

Is this, dare I say, the Homestuck Rosemary effect of shafting good characters into a generic lesbian couple?

They do?

I thought the rumor was that Sugar was jealous at how popular they had gotten since she didn't create them and so pushed them to the side lines

blame zuke she has been pushing this shit forever
than got they killed her

Daily reminder that, in their prime, Lapis and Peridot were the better gems and way better characters than Pearl, Garnet and amethyst. That is why Sugar hates them. They are better that her shitty characters

Yes. For some reason the main three gems don't but the two reject gems do

What? Did Sugar not create Lapis and Peridot? Surely that can't be right.

The main gems are the most stupid gems

Not sure about Lapis, but Peridot was created by the team as a whole while the crystal gems are all directly made by Sugar

>90% of all Lapis pictures now contain memedot
thanks a lot zuke

That does not sound very much like a thing that would be true and it sounds very much like a thing that people would make up, so I'm going to assume it's that.

They were just props that served their use and they couldn't figure out what to do with them afterwards.

She created all the other gems 100% herself with no input.

The others were a group effort by the rest of the team and she had little to possibly no input

She got angry that the most popular gems aren't hers so now they sit in the meme barn and do nothing, even on important episodes like the last one

So? Peridot only became shit once the cluster was pacified and got even memeier then when she lost her limb enhancers.
As boss she could have stopped that devolution at any time. The question is why she allowed this degeneracy to happen.

In a better show Birdmom would have a phone for the sole purpose of texting Steven constantly

I doubt it. Sugar seems chill af, and not a spiteful person at all. I'm sure all she wants to do is make the show good. Besides, Lapis and Peridot would've added literally nothing to that bomb.

I seem to recall that Mirror Gem was planned from the start, so I think Lapis was her creation.

>why she allowed this degeneracy to happen.
Sugar hates Peridot.

>sugar hates peridot

I thought peridot was Sugar's way of fulfilling her invader zim redemption arc fanfiction

She fired the wallpaper guy because he was "expensive" and then hired random tumblr artists

Peridot was not her creation

>Lapis could have easily stopped the homeworld ship without the gems needing to fuse.
except she couldn't
aquamarinse with her dildo wand is fucking OP

the only one i see that would have any effect is peridot, since she may know something about the technology.

Wallpaper guy?
Every video I've seen of her she seems real chill, and other people have enjoyed working with her (besides Zuke), I'm not gonna conjecture beyond that.

>she fired an expensive background artists and hired people who would work for cheap because she wanted to focus the budget elsewhere
And?

>Every video I've seen
Nice logic there

Oh fuck off.

That explains a lot. Sugar doesn't want her OC donut steels being upstaged by better Gems so she keeps them locked up.

Your assumptions and the rumor shit are both equally retarded.

Lapis and Peridot are always awol for situations where they're needed

There is no reason to believe Sugar is some spiteful, vindictive person. That's all I'm claiming.

If anything, Lapis and Peridot will go with the crystal gems to rescue Steven, yeah?
i mean, all those crystal gems bubbled at the human zoo could also be something too, I for sure thought the crystal gems would take some of those bubbled gems with them

Garnet and Pearl have become so out of character in the later episodes. Garnet is unusually cool with finding out navy ruby stole the ship back, and is really into herself apparently (the drawing scene in are you my dad?). Pearl seems to be less serious about things/ acts over the top about most things

to be fair you don't know the women personally,

Exactly, and neither do any of you.

Having hot lesbian anal sex in the barn like Zuke wanted.

>Garnet and Pearl have become so out of character in the later episodes.
i agree
idk if its character progression or flanderization though.

But the 3 main gems are boring, and I much rather watch Lapis and Peridot do shit.

Garnet has always been vain, check season one to see how many times she emphasized she did things whenever the other CGs say "we". And remember that, once upon a time, Pearl and Amethyst actually got along consistently, now that Pearl is actually making progress with her Rose baggage, she's going back to that.

Amethyst was actually on point this bomb in my opinion but she didn't have much to say overall. The New Crystal Gems had a lot of potential but they ended up just spinning their wheels. Peridot has become so corny and lapis hasn't done much besides be selfish

Lapis doesn't have a phone and like in previous threads pointed out; first there was no urgency. When there was he used his phone understandably to track Connie and when they confronted Aquamarine and Topaz there was literally no time to call them.

So what the fuck is gonna happen in season 5 now? I mean even with lars there its literally impossible to do townie stuff on homeworld and that was their big writing crutch this season.

According to Matt and Rebecca self fireworks will happen

Fireworks as in steven and lars getting some homeworld gem poon tang or more bullshit wrapped around 2 good bombs?

>perifags actually believe this

Peridot could use her metal manipulation powers to have something hit aquamarine while being trapped by her wand.

She can't do any manipulation without body motions.

do you even want to see townie slice of life stuff this season? i rather see space adventures and shit on homeworld. plus all those bubbled crystal gems.
theres better stuff to explore
I mean, the bomb as a whole was okay, Peridot IS corny as fuck, but its almost her character so idk.
she probably will be able to once she gets a power-up, which we know will happen eventually

Lapis would've been frozen by aquamarine too. Why does everyone think that she could've saved the day?

i think Lapis could have prevented her from being frozen or gotten the wand from her since she's pretty OP

>gotten the wand from her
Peridot could do this

Written out momentarily by Sugar for plot convenience.

Sugar is a hack.

>did that bitch just throw a stapler at me?
And then she activates the destabilization field that the wand obviously has because why would it not?

>lapis and peridot?

clearly they were out fusion-fucking and couldn't be arsed to save the gems

Fact: Lapis and Peridot are at there best when its just them alone with Steven.
When its somehow involves Lapis and Peridot or all three of them its terrible.
In conclusion Lapis and Peridot should leave the barn and fuck Steven.

have they canonically fused yet?

no

Peridot may need to gesticulate to use her powers, but Lapis certainly doesn't.

Absolutely nothing could have prevented Lapis from ripping Aquamarine's asshole a new one. They were literally fighting her over the ocean.

And that's exactly why they weren't in the episodes. Plot convenience.

Peridot fucking Steven when?

Idk user, aquas wand makes her the stronk. She killed alexandrite in one blow. Even a jasper x lapis fusion couldn't do that

Lapis was Sugar's creation. She always had her manifestation scene in mind since the early stages

Power levels are bullshit.

I'm still wondering why that made alex poof though

I think it was actually being in shock about Steven revealing his identity to HW. Fusions have poofed before because the gems being completely distracted by shock and other heavy emotions.
Remember how in The Return Opal fell apart the moment Steven returned to the gems.

Guys, can i get a link for the last episode? I can't find shit on a phone.

The wand makes her weak, not strong. It would take no effort for Lapis to take it away from her, even while trapped by it.

I dont quite understand why Lapis or Peridot likes that Barn seeing as how they are inorganic that means they could sleep in the fucking ocean and still be completely fine.

>Steven and Peridot decided to have sex after ages of talking about doing each other.
>Peridot and Steven strip nude they blush as they look at each others bare bodies.
>Peridot says in an embarrassed tone "W-well lets get too it...b-baby...
>Peridot get onto the bed while Steven straddles her legs and potions his dick to Peridots vagina.
>Peridot blushes and whimpers as Steven inserts his penis into her vagina.
>Peridots says "W-wait you clod! your hurting me...."
>Steven sees that Peridot has tears in her eyes he's too big for her.
>Steven says "Its ok ill be slow ill even shapshift to make it easier.
>Steven shrinks himself to be able to fit into Peridot more so he wouldn't hurt her.
>Peridot puts her arms around Stevens head and straddles her legs around his back as she says "Ok I'm ready..just be gentle."
>Steven begins to shift in and out of Peridot both moaned lightly as they slowly made love.
>Peridot closed her eyes and said "-H-harder..."
>Stevens starts to go faster thrusting deep into her vagina both moaned louder the harder they fucked.
>Steven reached for Peridots hand and held it tight as they went harder and faster Peridot gripped his hand hard as they fucked.
>As Steven felt ready to climax he felt Peridots soft green lips press to his as they kissed.
>With one final thrust he came into her.
>Both gems sweated and panted as they fell into each others arms.
>Steven and Peridot cuddled and kisses each other as they lied in bed together.
>Peridot said "I love you" before both gems closed there eyes and fell asleep in each others embrace.

how would they reliably get there in time before the gems left with the human,s Steven and the Gems had no idea if they had a lot of time or not.

What if Peridot gets pregnant?

She dies.

There's a teleporter near the barn and Lapis can fly faster than a jet plane at the very least and like a million times faster than the speed of light if she actually flew back to Homeworld on her own.

Actually, gems can give birth without problems if they keep their gem core.

MOAR

People are still on this meme? Aquamarine froze fucking Alexandrite without even breaking a sweat. She would have frozen Lapis and Peridot immediately if they were there.

Lapis was based on an old OC of Sugar's that was a self insert for when she was going through an abusive relationship. Fuck off with this bullshit.

Lapis has always sucked as a character and had no personality. She was only interesting as a plot device reacting to things and suggesting that the Crystal Gems weren't actually pure good guys; a plot point that went fucking nowhere except for Rose and ended up being bullshit when we saw her backstory, since the CGs didn't put her in the mirror.

Get over it. The only thing Lapis was ever good for is looking bland and pretty and being angsty at proper times. And she's a full Sugar creation.

I don't want to hear anyone complaining about Pearl. She's gotten an insane amount of attention and development and isn't done.

They've just utterly ruined Garnet. The hypest reveal and episode of the whole show ended up destroying her character. Sugar decided she didn't need to grow anymore, and now she just makes quips and defuses. Even Steven just wants her to defuse all the time.

Lapis is the most boring character on the show and Peridot is the most annoying character on the show, together they are autistic and a pain to watch. I'm glad the writers don't string them along during important events with the OG CGs because they'd ruin the episodes.

THIS. If they left Lapis and Peridot behind and just had it be the old team CGs on the rescue mission to Homeworld, it'd be amazing. All writer's pet Peridot does is chew scenery and steal screentime for everyone else for memes and Lapis is a nobody.

You know that abusive relationship bullshit is a meme generated on tumblr and you're a retard for bringing it up to unironically, right?

That's the thing, you could easily have made it work. Amethyst gets poofed in the fight, no Alexandrite. Peridot and Lapis hold the ship down to buy some time, Aqua uses her wand on Lapis -maybe even going so far as to poof her. Peridot can't hold the thing by herself, ship starts to get away, Steven makes his bargain, Amy comes back and helps form Alexandrite just in time to catch the falling townies.

There. All power level issues have been solved while also involving Lapis and Peridot.

>power level "issues"

The comic was made to help her through a tough time and Lapis was her self insert. I'm not going to go into the idiotic Tumblr theory that it means JASPER IS DIRECTLY HER ABUSER but it is what it is.

So everything turns out the same but with added work and VAs in the episode.

Lapis and Peridot didn't have to be there.

The theory of Rebecca being in an abusive relationship at all is what's idiotic retard

They could have easily plugged this hole by Steven trying to call them and getting "weird interference" from the gem ship, but saying the matter of searching was too urgent to go and get them from the barn.

She literally said the comic was about coping with her bad relationship.

>Lapis and Peridot didn't have to be there.

Nobody had to fucking be there. What's your point?

She literally didn't and you're a retard

That them being there makes no difference at all and crying for them to be like they would have changed something or won the fight, as the OP suggested, is retarded. It was fine that they weren't present.

Peridot episodes are the best episodes you retard.