Wanda Thread: RessurXion

Tis been a long time since the last one Sup Forums. Come on, let's show our Best Girl some love.

Have some cosplay.

My kind of thread

You said it user.

I don't care for overly sexualized portrayals of Wanda any more than I do for Sue Storm.

They are the grand matrons of the marvel u and should be more 30-something motherly than 20-something slutty.

Now, 30-something MILF-y is ok if done right. But neither should be prancing around lingerie. Pic is of my preferred middle ground, bare neckline and cleavage is ok while remaining suitably modest. (also see, Sue Storm as teacher, not Sue Storm with "4"-boob window)

Nice

Have a Wedding Dress Pic user.

Does she give a chance for comic wanda to not be constantly buttfucked by writers?

>"My entire adult life, I've only ever been an Avenger"

God, that's depressing. And now she doesn't even have a dad from the X-Men.

She and Vision should just start their own team or something.

whoa is right

>tfw she can marry a humanized Vision in the upcoming Infinity War films

Not really user, not really. Nobody really gives a fuck about Wanda. Marvel advertises the hell out of Moon Girl, but gave zero promotion to the Scarlet Witch book.

It's just sad that Marvel gives zero fucks for the supernatural side of their U. She would've worked great in a Midnight Watch (drop the Sons) team.

PS: Wanda x Doom = O.T.P.

Here, have some Latverian Wanda user.

> tfw George PĂ©rez only drew one panel of his ship

I don't think she fits with the supernatural side. Even when her powers are defined as magic they're still basically mutant powers, because she's had them since birth and doesn't understand how they work.

"Probability" powers are the best definition IMO. It means nothing and allows her to do almost anything but at least the writer has to explain how it fits in with probability.

Eh, she has little to nothing to do with the X-Men at this point. Besides, her last solo was full-blown paranormal stuff. Just having her be a mutant, with no connection to the X-Men, part time Avenger ain't that better either.

Round up her, Strange, Doom, Ghost Rider, Blade, maybe Moon Knight or Man-Thing, and there you go.

Seeing Wanda hugging that guy is even more depressing. She should never have forgiven him.

A new Wanda/Vision book is a nice idea, though. Movie-synergy doesn't seem to apply to characters Marvel doesn't like, which is why we won't get one.

I think it's an important part of her history that she and Pietro were the first mutant Avengers and that they were "out" mutants when the X-Men had secret identities.

The Civil War movie kind of flicked at this by having her as the Avenger who gets denounced on the news and locked in the building to avoid bad publicity.

Her Onslaught/The Crossing outfit was pretty good.

Sure, but considering the circumstances, it's time she moved past that. IMO anyway.

Silliest was in the first year or two of Ultimate X-Men, where she just wore her 616 costume without the body stocking. Made no sense if Ultimate was trying to be more realistic.

Also for some reason she could fly in the Ultimate universe but not in 616.

No fuck you, that outfit was painfully generic garbage.
18, 20 & 25 do what your asking for much better then it did.

So is having her on HYDRA Avengers good or bad for her? On the one hand it's exposure and some time with her ex but on the other she's teamed up with that Thor who has a dick and three bad guys. Also Deadpool.

Needs cleavage but yeah it was great.

Sue, Wasp, Black Widow and Medusa, should be portrayed as a few years older than Wanda, Jean, Polaris or Crystal, all of whom shouldn't really be portrayed as over 30. Wanda and Pietro, along with most of the original X-Men, should be the same age as Peter Parker and Johnny Storm, who will never, ever be allowed to reach 30.

None of Marvel's Silver Age heroines should be getting wearing slutty costumes in canon, and even that pic's cleavage is probably too much. Wanda should always be modest, classy and dignified.

Fan-art is another matter. Everyone's gonna get slutty fan-art.

You're a weird prude. Wanda has always had boobs and liked showing them off a bit.

Wanda/Doom is one of the only non-Vision ships that isn't a Worst Ship Ever, it's an interesting idea, but it's hard to see it working without compromising the identity of one of them. Either Doom has to genuinely reform and mellow-out, or Wanda has to turn evil. Neither of those things is a good idea.

While Doom is at least trying to reform, there really should be a story where he and Wanda meet, but it would be written by Bendis or Waid, so it would not be good.

There are 30 years of comics before anyone gave her a cleavage-baring costume, user. And no-one liked that first Force Works costume. Back in the 1960s to 1980s, a character could be super-busty without needing to show any skin.

With Marvel's obsession with movie synergy it wil be interesting to see how they respond to the Scarlet Witch & Vision romance finally becoming a thing in the movies next year.

Of course Wanda hasn't actually benefited from movie synergy because she's an unclean shared-rights character, so who knows.

Well, in that story Simon was written as literally the only Avenger who wasn't the world's worst friend to Wanda. He sort of spoke for her fans about how she'd been treated from 2004-2010.

Also the way Wolverine & Cyclops were written in this story there may be something to the idea that Brevoort's office hates the X-Men.

She'll always have Papa Chthon and Uncle Set.

But all we got in her solo comic was Emerald Borelock.

Well, to be fair, around that time Doom wasn't EEVVIIIIIL. He was still a bad guy, but nowhere near Unthinkable levels.

And like you said, now's the perfect time for a reunion. Waid I don't trust with Doom, though we'll see this Wednesday in Avengers #7.

But Bendis has been doing a good job with Victor over at Infamous. His "voice" is actually pretty good, and has none of the Bendisisms. Though I don't trust him with Wanda, so there's that problem.

Whatever the case may be, Doom needs a reunion with Stephen and Wanda, but I don't think with current Marvel that's gonna happen.

They should bring back this character who kept asking Avenger ladies to be buxom models

She had translucent pink hose stuff over her boobs. That's more lewd than plain cleavage.

Wanda, Vision and Thor are going to be villains in this year's Marvel Event, people are going to be calling them Nazis, and unlike Deadpool, they don't have solo books where time can be taken to explore how they ended up here, and how they see the error of their ways.

It's hard to see how any good can come of this. It initially sounded like it was going to be "old Avengers are all Hydra, new replacement heroes are the resistance", but the resistance has Hawkeye, Black Widow, Quicksilver, Ant-Man, Hercules, and they even brought back Tigra and Wonder Man.

Along with Thor and Vision, Wanda was singled out to be a villain, and that isn't good.

I am hoping Chthon shows up in the MCU because he shows how hugely fucking important Wanda is in the mystic universe, and how important the mystic universe actually is.

The whole lore of the Elder Gods came from Wanda, not Strange. Yet so many people think the mystic universe is just Strange.

She only offered the job to Wanda & Carol but she really ought to have her own comic

It wasn't translucent, it was the same pink that covered her arms and legs.

Maybe she's still hot for Steve Rogers. Most Avengers are.

Which was see through.

Same. Chthon showed up in Carnage as Cthulhu: Marvel Version. The thing with Marvel is that the hierarchy of the gods and demons is just all over the place. Over at DC there is a certain structure, but Marvel's put together the Cosmic Beings with the Magical Beings, not bothered to come up with a plan, and now you've got a muddled U that you can't make sense of.

M-Day has turned the mutant angle into a total dead end. Because writers kept bashing Wanda over M-Day, it's just become impossible to involve Wanda with the X-Men.

The Elder Gods are a huge wellspring of story possibilities, and have been ridiculously underused.

Marvel's mystic universe has been reduced to almost nothing.

Blade is the character I would love to see Wanda interact with alot more.

I even ship them.

Well, Marvel Studios decided in 2012 that they were going to include Wanda and Vision in the 2nd Avengers movie, and start building towards their romance. Marvel Comics must have been aware of this, and chose to put them both in different books almost all of the time, while doubling down on "Wonder Man is Wanda's true love, Vision is a copy of Wonder Man".

Remender is gone now, but there are very few people within Marvel who like Wanda or Vision. And Brevoort is never going to go away, is he?

It's not see-through, it's just skin-tight. Like most superhero costumes were.

I'm hitting into some very old anons childhood innocence, aren't I?

I agree that anything related to the Mystic side is a weelspring of stories, but that's mostly because of it being untapped. Hell, even the High Evolutionary and his weird Chthonic shenanigans aren't even that explored.

Blade x Wanda though? Nah, I'll pass. he was good with Spitfire. Beyond the main ships, Doom x Wanda is the only one I like. It's just perfect.

As for more interactions, she needs more time with Stephen. The guy delivered her kids back in the day.

They will ignore it.

Also, the unclear shared rights thing has little to do with it; they were shitting on Wanda well before that became an issue.

She's seen as pre-feminist, she's not a quipper, she's sincere, she is not a Mary Sue.

Wanda is tied to three aspects of the MU:
Avengers
X-Men
Mystic

Bendis burned the bridges of two, leaving only the latter, which Marvel gives no fucks about.

>>Wanda, Vision and Thor are going to be villains in this year's Marvel Event, people are going to be calling them Nazis, and unlike Deadpool, they don't have solo books where time can be taken to explore how they ended up here, and how they see the error of their ways.
With Thor, it's easy: he implicitly trusts Cap, and Cap Keikaku has been shown wielding Mjollnir, whoch would remove all and any doubt from Thor's mind that trusting Cap is the right thing to do.

Vision is either getting reprogrammed(Future Vision in Kang War suggested his brain patterns would be changed from Wonder Man's to somebody else at some point) or just thinks this is the most logical chain of events

Wanda... I have no idea.

True but they did make sure that when Avengers 2 came out Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Vision would all be in the same book.

So next year they'll probably have some synergy thing for a few months and then retire Wanda again like they did during Secret Wars (the only thing she was in was that stupid House of M mini and she was asleep for a lot of it)

not really.

You have the Abstract at the highest positions.
Lower, there is anything powerful enough.

does anyone know in which issues 8 and 13 are featured?

That's probably right. They'll put them in the same book for about 5 issues, but nothing will happen between them, and that will be all.

#8 is from West Coast Avengers, #55-7 and #60-62.

#13 is from Avengers vol.2 #4.

Marvel said "this is a heroes versus villains story", which now looks increasingly like a Freudian slip.

They think of Wanda, Vision, and Thor, as villains.

>Attractive
>Gypsy

That's a contradiction!

I feel the MCU is going to focus on her relationship with Strange alot going forward.

I swear at one point they said CW2 wouldn't have a shock death then Banner was killed right away.

It's like Marvel editorial knows exactly what fans are sick of, and what they want and they take joy in never giving it to us.

Hope we get more Viv/Wanda material after SE.

Women go sour fairly quick, maybe the young ones can be decently attractive?

What is the genetic heritage of gypsies? Are they most closely related to (continental) Indians? I'm assuming as a nomadic people there is a large drift from constant interbreeding with the populations they visit, they're like... slavic-indians? When they do the slav squat they poop in the streets, then?

>Also for some reason she could fly in the Ultimate universe but not in 616.

I think it's just because Millar wasn't really that familiar with the characters. Case in point is how he handled Wolverine's healing abilities. Of course since it was an alt universe they handwaved it.

>>Marvel said "this is a heroes versus villains story",
being antagonists don't make them villains.

Also, Marvel lies

So long as Waid does not write it. I fear he has flanderized Viv to the point every other writer will write Waid-Viv.

Eh, it's muddled what with all the Sets, Agammotos, Dormammus and the like.
Good. Strange and Wanda are a Top Tier Mentor/Student "Ship".

That line about the Avengers is so true.

Was Heinberg making a dig at Bendis and Hickman's "random work colleague" Avengers. I like to think so.

Jason Aaron doesn't even know the Serpent's Crown is multiversal.

They perfectly set it up with that scene with Ancient One talking to Strange in her final moments.

DESU, Aaron doesn't know jackshit about Marvel magic...

As for Wanda, I hope so. Derickson shared a pic of two Wanda/Strange cosplayers a while back as well, so here's hoping.

Vision is in such a weird place character wise in the comics that I can't see him in a relationship with anyone.

I just rewatched 2014 Godzilla. Olsen might be a bad actress, but she's very cuddleable. Fits wanda.

>Olsen might be a bad actress
She isn't.

>but she's very cuddleable
Most certainly.

Well not bad, but not great either. To be honest, not many great female actresses anyway.

And Olsen Wanda is for cuddling and ticklefights!

Watch Martha Marcy May Marlene or Liberal Arts.

I'm not biased, my comment isn't meant to imply that, I'll keep the movies in mind.
But seriously. Could the title be more womanly?

That's a crossover of thighs I want to see.

sigh...

I bet she's really ticklish.

Where do you think she's most ticklish, user?

Hmmm...inside the knees and her ankles...and I like to think her thighs.

It was a shame, Wanda could use more villains that aren't Elder Gods, more down-to-Earth villains she could have a proper rivalry with, and what she got was that guy.

I thought thighs too. Mhm.

Waid started that "Vision deleted his emotions" plot, and doesn't seem to be going anywhere with it, then the Vision solo book happened, and no-one's really spent much time on him since, so he's just left "in a weird place" indefinitely.

Wanda could work with a Walleresque villain who'd play psychologically with her too, on whether there should be mutants, whether Wanda should help the system and so on.

Has Wanda even met Blade ever?

More interaction with Strange as an ally or mentor would be good, but not as a couple.

>She and Vision should just start their own team or something.
Oh I like this. They could set up in California and invite Hawkeye and Tigra. Now what would we call this team of west coast based Avengers?

>End up having Wanda and Vision get back together to raise Viv, and Wanda teaches her to be the world's first robot witch
Fund it.

Sadly, Bendis has poisoned the idea of Wanda and Hawkeye as friends working together.

Unless you meant the other Hawkeye?

Oh my. We need this to be a scene in Infinity War.

It needs to be one of the longest scenes, almost as long as the cuddling scenes.

Best Wanda

>Sadly, Bendis has poisoned the idea of Wanda and Hawkeye as friends working together.
Reeeeee Bendis.

where dis from?

Spawn the Animated Series.

The comic we deserve, but shall never have.

Viv should be the next Sorcerer Supreme

Billy a shit

yeeee

How can one person be that huggable?

This please.