Storytime: He-Man and the Masters of the Universe #1 & #2, Vol. 1

NYEH HEH HEH HEEEH

After storytimed the standalone tales that introduced us to some of the major players of the Masters of the Universe's world, it's time to storytime the mini series, ongoing, the DC vs MOTU crossover and the Eternity War the final maxi event. It's an entire epic and huge story, which starts with the final act of the 7 years war between He-Man and his uncle Skeletor, the former Prince Keldor.
Our story starts with a young woodsman named Adam who lives in the forest with his father. Adam has some strange dreams of a past life. A life very different from his. Then a falcon appears, and Adam feels that he needs to go in a quest. A quest to find out who he really is.

keep up the good work, op, these comics are so fucking awesome

bump

Thanks man. I plan to storytime the 2012-2017 MOTU comics, and the those published from 2002-2004, during the 2002's animated series, that are different canon from the most recent ones, but they are great too.

Hello Beast Man. You certainly know how to make an entrance.

Thanks for this I enjoyed the last one.

And finally Adam/He-Man fter the first mini comica from 1982, he uses the axe in battle! Reminder that the Sacred Axe of Eternia was He-Man's very first weapon, before possessing the one half of the Power Sword (Skeletor had the other half). Of course this here is not a battle axe, but at any case it's a nice tribute.

You are welcome user.

Adam continues to kick ass with his axe.

As Skeletor would said, "Beast Man you fool".

Looks who appears. The mystery starts to unveil.
If you pay attention, you will see that Skeletor holds the Cursed Skull that he took from King Grayskull's Knight that Skeletor transported from his time, in the very 1st issue of the Masters of the Universe. It's the same Skull that Hordak holded and addressed to it as "his father", in his Origin issue. So we will see how all these elements will fit together as the plot will go on.
This the end of the 1st issue. Now to the 2nd one.

A great tribute to the first comic appearance of Prince Adam in 1982, when he still fought with the ax.

Second issue.

Bump for interests
Is he only doing 2 issues?
If more you best delete this.

Skeletor, you awesomely badass son of a bitch. Using voodoo magic to torture Beast Man like that.

Damn. I love how ruthless Skeletor is here. It shows exactly in what kind of tyrant he should become, once taking over Grayskull.

I don't think he's doing the classic issues. and, you know, if there's a duplicate file you can just open your image editor of choice, put a black dot anywhere on the duplicate page, save it and then post it, it's really not hard.

Why does Howard Porter's art have to be so fucking horrible?

Gotta love Eternia's creatures. P

Well, we now know who is behind this.

And here comes Teela, the Captain of the Royal Guard, and Adam's love of his life.

how can you handle these watermarks?

And here comes to play Trap-Jaw's personal grudge with Adam, after what we saw what happened in his standalone issue (number #7)

And that's the end of the second issue. I will storytime tomorrow issues #3 and #4 as Adam's and Teela's journey continues and as more as close they are getting to the truth, other Skeletor's warriors will try to stop them.

Just one thing. You may note that Teela here is blonde, instead of being a redhead as her more well known look. This is another tribute to Teela's very first appearance as the Warrior Goddess in the mini comics, where she was indeed blonde. Eventually as this series will proceed she will turn to be a redhed, and we will see when and why.

So not used to blonde Teela.

Wouldn't this mean he is living in some forest on the dark hemisphere?

Indeed. And it makes sense, considering that Skeletor is now ruling from Castle Grayskull. Having banished Adam at the other part of the Eternia, as far a from him and Grayskull as possible, in his old domain, and under the watch of his warriors.

Didn't they recently release all the minicomics in a hardback?

Yes indeed, but this page comes from the actual first MOTU comic book mini series published shortly after the first mini comics, and He-Man's comic debut in DC Comics Presents #47, where he met Superman.

That Adam is somewhere in the Dark Hemisphere it's confrimed also in the second issue, when we saw Adam to cross a desert, which probably must be the Sands of Time, Eternia's biggest desert, located between the Light and the Dark Hemisphere, as you can see in this map. So since Adam is heading towards the Light Hemisphere, it's logic that he found himself in the Sands of Time first.

Does this mean it is always daylight in Eternos city?

No not of course.
The Dark Hemisphere was created by Hordak, when he tried with the Spell of Seperation to split in half Eternia, in order to reach the Starseed at the center of the planet, the source of Grayskull's power. When he realized that he was going to destroy himself alongside with the planet, he ordered his wizards to stop. But the result was that half the planet was covered by a mystic dark veil, that created the Dark Hemisphere.

Be patient. Teela will return to be a redhead in 4 issues from now. But personally i loved the homage to the original blonde barbarian Teela (now known as the Battleground version, as is called her action figure).

I thought the planet was tidally locked and that's why we have named hemispheres

No. The Dark Hemisphere was the creation of powerful dark magic, i.e. the Spell of Seperation.

The Light Hemisphere has day and night. But the Dark Hemisphere it's covered by this mystic veil, that not even the most advanced technology can't penetrate, as it was revealed in the Eternity War.

bump

I was reading the mini comics anthology that DH released recently. Procrustus is the four armed god, that holds Eternia together.

Adam didn't forget the art to wield the battle axe. Even if only once in the 2002 animated series he used it.

Bump