There is a new discord server for discussion of arthouse and experimental cinema...

There is a new discord server for discussion of arthouse and experimental cinema, please consider joining in you are interested!

discord.gg/fBmRwNK

We also have a filmclub, this week's movie is Trop tôt/Trop tard AKA Too Early, Too Late by Danièle Huillet & Jean-Marie Straub, drop by if you'd like to discuss it with us, or if you'd like to suggest a film for the upcoming week!

It’s a Christmas miracle

One of the following three things is incorrect:
eh...
A. is a homosexual
B. is Polish
C. has good taste in film

I'm going to be honest: I could never get into most Straub/Huillet movies. They mostly seemed very boring to me. The only two I really enjoyed were Chronicle of Anna Magdalena Bach and From the Clouds to the Resistance. Too Early, Too Late I didn't really like at all. Am I missing something with their films?

>tsar joined the discord
RIP /film/

You have to start appreciating them on the conceptual level.

>the discord has now descending into IRCfaggotry
All the letterpleb and IRCplebs never even bother discussing film and just shitpost all day. A lot of the new guys are plebs but they at least try to discuss things even if it's shit like haneke.

the opposite of what this faggot said

I have no problem restricting the posting rights of people who never talk about movies.

Elaborate on that for a brainlet please.
I'll watch Too Early, Too Late again and see if I appreciate it more this time.

>discord about literal who directors
No thanks, maybe discuss actual good directors like Snyder and Lynch

restrict the posting rights of all the IRC people except for eh, edd and machill then. None of the rest of them talk about film

every board i've browsed when they try to have a little faggot club like this discord the results are somehow worse than the board itself

don't do it, its run by a polish fag who rules with an iron fist

Please ban tsar and kenny

He's kind of a little faggoty fascist. Gleefully talks about his travails as a gay camwhore but will balk at the slightest hint of racism and homophobia.

He lets kenny get away with racism and homophobia though, probably because he wants his BBC

tsar talks about movies often even if it doesn't look that way based on his sperg out, will probably ban kenny if he keeps on shitposting

eh probably thinks black people can't be racist, that little faggot.

Most of their films are pretty lackluster if you don't get/aren't aware of the idea behind them.

Of course they can't.

Ah I see what you mean. That's probably why the only films I enjoyed of theirs were the ones where I had some knowledge of the subject.

yeah the irony is lost on him
do tell how they can't be racist user

Anyone here seen Verhoeven's Flesh + Blood? I watched it recently and thought it was fantastic.

It is in fact lost on me, feel free to enlighten me.

discord attracts the worst type of normies

I would love to watch that because it has Bruno Kirby in it.

Don't join.

There are a few good users but it's not worth it at the expense of eh

Watch it, it's great. I honestly think it's Verhoeven's best, really captures all the themes he generally goes for.

eh really is captain bringdown.

Honestly eh isn't even that bad once you get used to him. At least he actually discusses films. He talked shit to me about a film I liked but he also explained why he disliked that film. Other IRCfaggots like amdi will just say that film is shit.

>Honestly eh isn't even that bad once you get used to him.
He's still pretty bad.

Why did no one participate in the pialat film club discussion :(

I'm just waiting for TimboSlice to get the ban, he's just asking for it

For talking about Schrader movies?

>no one
thinkingemoji.jpg

The only good user of this discord is coop because he actually talks about films and isn't a letterpleb who thinks he's hot shit because people know his username (yes I'm talking about you machill, tsar, amdi, dropout bear etc)

Not that.

Just the general attitude. I noticed that the people who join and starts talking enthusiastically are the ones that usually receive the kick/ban

ok coop

What are some films like Aguirre the wrath of god? It's my all time favorite film but I'm also pretty pleb

But I'm still here

Are you sure those people got kicked/banned?

t. eh btw

Other Herzog movies with Kinski.

coop gets a big thumbs up from me (kind of like agent copper in twin peaks haha)

Yes.

for example I remember Bloop being kicked because he talked about politics being mixed with film discussion when he posted some letterboxd profile,and apart from that he was really only discussing films.

just seemed unfair is all

Bloop got kicked? He was one of the better guys.

Where does this inferiority complex stem from, are you some unacknowledged letterpleb?

He got kicked/banned for about a week, but he came back recently

I kicked bloop for shitposting about that trans letterpleb movie reviewer.

I really like dropout bear. Coop and tsar I'm neutral. Don't know much about amdi to form an opinion. Eh totally sucks.

Maybe the trans user had it coming for being obnoxious, sort of like you do?

I'm going to assume you've already watched the other Herzog/Kinski movies and Apocalypse Now, if not, watch those. Beyond that, try A Man Escaped, The Wages of Fear, Sorcerer, Deliverance, The Deer Hunter and Bring me the head of alfredo garcia

I demand to know who made this post

Is this just a posturing obscuro circlejerk club or could I bring up...I dunno... normal films?
Is there a normal film Sup Forums discord? Obviously not capeshit or nuwars.

Thats the thing though.

It was posted in shitposting general and he literally just posted "her" profile and stated that he hates it when people's politics infring into their opinions, how is that shitposting?

Depends on what you mean by normal films. There's a pleb-general where you're free to talk about mainstream stuff, I think only capeshit is expressly forbidden.
It was me ;)

Because it is shitposting about someone who he believes should have special treatment. eh is so blatant in his bias.

>mfw no one ever talks about me in discord shill threads
feelsbadman

I just saw Hell or High Water and quite liked it, how pleb is that?

Let's just agree to disagree.
I didn't mind that, I only banned him after he posted her picture followed by "HAHAHAHAHAHAH".

Majority of the discord would probably say that's very pleb, but I also quite liked Hell or High Water. The discord is more geared towards arthouse/less mainstream stuff though. Have you seen films like Johnny Guitar, The Wild Bunch, The Great Silence and Bring Me The Head of Alfredo Garcia? You might like those.

>I didn't mind that, I only banned him after he posted her picture followed by "HAHAHAHAHAHAH".

Oh I must have missed that part then. Well the ridicule is deserved, but at least I can see your reasoning now I suppose

not him but The Great Silence was terrible, tonally all over the place with one of the stupidest stories.
>THE BESTEST BADDEST MOST AWESOMEST GUNSLINGER IN THE WEST ONLY KILLS IN SELF DEFENSE

I don't wish to be associated with hating those people they're cool

That's part of the point though, it's a subversion of the traditional badass "mysterious stranger" archetype of spaghetti western films.

I got the subversion and at least the ending was a nice surprise
Just wasn't into it.

Reminder that if you have a letterboxd account you likely care more about earning "internet points" for having "good taste" as opposed to actually enjoying films.

Fair enough. I really enjoyed it, but I'm also a huge western and Kinski fan. It was nice to see Corbucci do something different with the genre.

that's because Discord is a lot like Reddit, power tripping mods upboats and downboats, AND emoticons retardation in the mix and the most cancerous circlejerking possible and on top of that it takes discussion off of Sup Forums and puts it into the private communities ran by sociopaths, instead of talking about the subject you now have to deal with personalities and community politics, reputation, etc. fun stuff

Why discord and not some decentralized service that doesn't mine user data? Why turn film into social posturing by using social media like Letterboxed?

just watch and share kino, stop reddit tier fighting

>join this redditcord run by a faggot from Poland that gets triggered with every semi offensive thing
>all posts about films are something like: yeah I liked it because of the plot and characters but I'm not sure I got it, anyone wanna spoon feed me?
Pretty shitty, I thought it was going no to be patrician for some reason.

Have any of the letterplebs (machill, dropout bear, edd etc) actually posted their thoughts on a film club? Why haven't they been given pleb userclass yet?

What are some patrician films?

>all posts about films are something like: yeah I liked it because of the plot and characters but I'm not sure I got it, anyone wanna spoon feed me?
hmm

I will fully admit I'm a pleb but I don't think I've ever talked generically talked about "plot and characters" when discussing a film and I havent really seen anyone else do it either.

Straub and hulliet, angeloupoulos, markopoulos, krolikiewicz, the list goes on xD!
I'm such a patrician xD!!!

it's huillet btw

>person talking shit about "plebs" responds ironically when asked about their taste because they're too afraid to actually stand by what they like
Every time

The Godfather, Citizen Kane, Tokyo Story, Vertigo, just to name a few.

and angelopoulos

People who like obscure films can be plebs (like eh, or everyone in the discord), shocking, I know.

thanks for the bump, was just about to ask someone in the channel to do it

What are some films like picnic at hanging rock

They will literally kick out the discord for bad mouthing traps. Shit discord.

this