Should this have happened? Nightwing 20 spoilers

Nightwing had Dick admit that he feels like a dad towards Damian and wanted to keep him from Bruce. I'm pretty torn cause I love both Bruce and Dick's dynamics with Damian. What do you guys think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=myhnAZFR1po
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do you have a readable version?

Just open in new tab dude.
I prefer cool big brother honestly, there's like 8 years between them at most.

He didn't mean it literally, it was just a moment they were having

I've always secretly wished for a continuity wherein it turns out that, for whatever reason, Talia used Dick/Jason/another batguy's genetic material to make Damian rather than Bruce's. And she still leads the idea that Damian is Bruce's son for pragmatic reasons.The whole idea of Bruce figuring it out and how it would affect him and his relationship with the actual "father" would be interesting to see.

Or at least, I'd like to see a fic along that theme...

>Just open in new tab dude.
Opening it in a new tab doesn't magically make the resolution acceptable.

Sorry man, Not sure why the pic saved so small
I do too, but I feel like I might be bias cause I read N52 Batman and Robin before Dickbats

Damian being Jason's son makes a lot of sense. A LOT.

The hell? He was being literal. I don't know how you can read through this arc with the pregnancy scare and all and not take it literally.

Thank fuck I'm not the only one seeing it.

Also, maybe you can jog my memory- didn't Talia have some kind of a sexual relationship with Jason immediately post-Lazarus pit revival? I thought that it was implied, anyways.

Here maybe this is better

They had sex in the Red Hood mini. Npt sure if it was immediately after though

Only Jason works as an option. Tim is too early and Talia hates Dick. I need a fic or something with this. It sounds too funny.

Can you imagine how sour Jason would be if his kid liked Dick better? So much drama. That said Jason>Bruce in the dad department. Look at Bizzaro

I've occasionally thought of this and come to the conclusion the best storyline is Talia has a separate child with Jason, making Damian it's brother/ uncle and Bruce it's grandfather/ step-father (kindof). Then they all. go to therapy together.
>youtube.com/watch?v=myhnAZFR1po

>Dick has Damian
>Jason has Bizzaro
>Fuck it Bruce has Duke

Who is Tim going to adopt?

> Caring about Tim ever

The family is better off without him tbqh

I imagine Batfamily therapy to be like that Always Sunny episode

Tim has no one to adopt. I mean whos even young enough around the family to do so? I guess they could make a kid Miss Martian

Who would be who? Jason is Mac right? My idea is Dennis=Dick, Dee=Tim, Mac=Jason and it falls apart from there.

I think Tim works better as Mac, the whole repressed gay thing. Frank would be Bruce "YOU UNZIPPED ME DOC". Damian as Dennis (no way he doesn't have a 600 page handwritten book of analysis he's done on his family). Then it falls apart, Dick and Jason don't work as Charlie or Dee.

I dunno I think you could work with Jason as Dee. Dick really doesnt fit though.

Yes, if Batman writers continue to have Bruce ignore his 13 year old son then it's just better to have Dick replace him as Damian's dad

Only way Dick would work is if they're confronting his manwhore commitment phobia, and then yeah he's Dennis.

Yep. It gets Damian out of the way pretty easily. I don't mind cause his dynamic with Dick is better anyway,

Psychopath manwhore Dick sounds terrifying

Nah, Jason is Mac because he wants to be tryhard edgy but is a giant softy inside with some homo tendencies. Tim is Dee.

>Yes, if Batman writers continue to have Bruce ignore his 13 year old son
Isn't that a pretty big part of Super-sons? I don't know what you want. New 52 was the only time they ever really interacted for a long period and that was mostly kept in B&R.

I'm talking about the main Batman books, where he seems to have replaced Damian with a random black kid.

Speaking of Supersons I really want a Dick cameo now. Jon will become a fan of Dick and Damian will be jealous . Tomasi pls

He's gonna adopt Con-
Oh, right.

Too soon man.

I'm sorry,

I don't think Tomasi really cares about the Dick and Damian dynamic. Its not fatherly to him I think

Fucking awfulw hat they did to the YJ group. Tim a douchebag. cassie a whore, Bart isnt Bart,and Kon was a whatever. They had no real relationship to each other or their mentors.

We don't know since he hasn't had a chance to write it

I don't like the idea. Bruce should be the alpha/father figure in the family. I swear ever since Dickbts, Dickfags have been pushing this paternal narrative between Dick dnd Damian to make Bruce look bad.

That's because Bruce being a father to Damian was something established moreso in the New 52.
I'm prefer Bruce being the father of the family and I don't want Bruce to look bad, but that might be part of the reason why.

Not to mention the writers make Bruce look bad on their own by ignoring damian.

I don't blame that. If Snyder's uncomfortable writing Damian, that's his decision and even when Dick was Batman, he had solo stories. Now in Rebirth, Tim implied that it's part of Bruce's keikaku.
I'd sooner blame Injustice because neither of them come off looking functional in that universe

lol Bruce has always had shades of Bad dad towards everyone but Jason.

Dick is basically echoing the anons that didn't want Morrison's Batman and Robin to end. That's all I see it as. And if anyone knows how difficult it is to be raised by Bruce, it'd be Dick.

You know what, taking last weeks NW and Batman together, you could kinda stretch it to Bruce retiring and Dick taking his spot back, although not as Batman.

You know it's possible to have two father figures, right?

Yes. But I like the defined positions in the family. Bruce is the father and Dick is son/brother. He doesn't need to be a father figure as well. Clark fits that role better.