Is spongebob right?

Is spongebob right?

wtf Spongebob would never talk like that.

>Getting redpilled by Spongebob
I don't think I'm ready for this

Spongebob is now officially a fan of Alan Moore.

this

Spongebob, of all people, is not the kind of person to do this

When was spongebob redpilled?

That sounds more like something Squidward or Plankton would say.

Well it is used as a gag and he enjoys it

I think it's pretty on point with Spongebob's excited rants where he gleefully accentuates the negatives.

It just feels weird because Spongebob would never talk about comics. No one talks about comics.

oh my

>It just feels weird because Spongebob would never talk about comics
Considering he idolizes a pair of superheroes, it would make sense that he reads comics.

Why the fuck not, spongebob is a fucking nerd that goes jellyfish catching, his best friend is a NEET, he orbits some qt nerd girl who doesn't reciprocate, he goes to conventions, spongebob would totally be a Sup Forumsmrade. Bet he browses seaweedchan as soon as he gets back from work. Bet he faps to puffer fish THICC.

Holy kek, Spongebob took the redpill and swallowed the rest of the bottle

Comic book sales are up. This is just faggots being a negative nancy about an industry that was damaged by the 90's and gimmick covers and collector booms.

Plus the deathknell of newstands.

But nothing ever ends, nothing ever ends.

>It's an original seasons writer, Jay Lender

Based.

>Comic book sales are up

True, but that doesn't mean they're in good shape in the slightest. It's still nowhere near good, it's just out of the severe slump since one the Big 2 decided to man the fuck up and actually make things right. Marvel is still on it's deathbed, and that's not good at all.

>But nothing ever ends, nothing ever ends

Everything ends, user. Life goes on after that, but nothing stays around forever.

But in that new life it finds continuance. People stopped wearing pantaloons about a century ago, but we still call the cloth tubes around our legs "pants".

Its that last part which is the most damaging. Its why a lot of comic store owners are complaining. Diamond makes them buy in quantities they can barely support on a good day and other places like Groceries Gas Stations etc don't have the room for.

Course part of that is their own problem collapsing the distribution in the 90s and trying to make their down chains which then collapsed leaving Diamond the only game in town.

tl;dr

comics suck

Thats a biting satire I wasn't expecting from Spongebob. Certainly not the comic, at least.

spongebob's huge ass library is comprised mostly of comic books. or at least that's what he said in the Battle for Bikini Bottom video game

> inb4 manga/anime is killing the west
both japan and america are suffering huge decrease in the animation industry. reason is because of free illegal free distribution through the internet.

Aw fuck, I didn't need to think about this.

He's not exactly wrong, but this seems extremely out-of-character for SpongeBob. I can definitely see Squidward saying this, but SpongeBob?

See . The joke is that he doesn't think of any of that as actually negative.

>getting BTFO by Spongebob

Will the comic industry ever recover?

H-heh...good one S-Sp-Spongebob...

>reason is because of free illegal free distribution through the internet.

And you know why people pirate, right? It's because it's their only option.

Missed that episode of Rick & Morty? You better have On Demand.
Can't find that newest issue of Invader Zim? You better pray it's on Comixology.
Can't find what you're looking for? I guess it's time to fire up qbittorrent!!

I've been saying it for ages. We need a Steam for Comics & Cartoons.
The biggest reason people pirate is because there's no unified platform for digital comic & cartoon distribution. The platforms that are available force you to pay a subscription fee rather than just buy what you want.

Yeah piracy will still exist, but with a unified platform it'll be much less rampant.

>filename

>Nothing ever ends
This is what pisses me off most about comics to be honest.

Even when they fucking reboot/reset universes, they don't give anything a satisfying ending, they just fucking throw it away.

what a wonderful time to be alive

No. Comics problems have nothing to do with variety or the monopoly DC and Marvel have. They simply cannot compete, as a form of media, with books, tv, or movies. People aren't willing to pay $3-10 an issue for 20 page books, even if they have pictures in them. But the addition of pictures, plus all the effort it takes to make these shared worlds with dozens of writers and editors, means they can't put them out for any less than that.

Even as Marvel's comics are dying, the movies based on them make hundreds of millions each.