WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

>Director James Gunn added Ego as Star-Lord's father before learning that the characters rights belonged to 20th Century Fox. The studio eventually traded Ego to Marvel Studios in exchange for Negasonic Teenage Warhead, who appeared in DEADPOOL.

>Gunn was advised against including a particular alien race, the Sneeps, because their name resembles the Icelandic slang for female genitalia. The studio eventually relented to their appearance.

>Early drafts included the Nova Empire. John C. Reilly and Glenn Close were approached to return as Daenerian Rhoman Dey and Nova Prime Irani Rael, but Reilly was unavailable due to scheduling conflicts, and was ultimately written out alongside Rael.

>Early drafts included the Collector, but Benicio Del Toro couldn't return to scheduling conflicts.

>Early drafts featured Adam Warlock as the Sovereigns' secret weapon, but the character was ultimately cut as he was superfluous to the narrative.

>Early cuts featured a longer segment on Earth including cameo appearances from Nathan Fillion as fictional actor Simon Williams and Gregg Henry as Grandpa Quill in a scene filled with Easter Eggs but both were ultimately cut from the movie.

>Early cuts featured a sixth post-credits scene in which Gamora and Mantis hearing the screams of one of the Ravagers who were pierced by Yondu's arrow and has presumably been forgotten and screaming in agony throughout the third act of the movie. This was deleted as test-audiences didn't get the joke.

>Early cuts featured a minor scene of Drax loudly slurping soup to his teammates' annoyance which was cut for time.

>Matthew McConaughey was approached to play Ego, but ultimately declined, and Kurt Russell was cast at Chris Pratt's suggestion. Liam Neeson and Gary Oldman were also considered.

>David Bowie was slated for a cameo before his death in 2016.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QPX2jfWru-A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The first movie.

>Peyton Reed and Anna Boden & Ryan Fleck were approached to direct the movie before James Gunn was hired.

>Nicole Perlman wrote the first - and very different - draft of the script: Star-Lord was an U.S. pilot who is accidentally jettsioned to another galaxy in a military experiment gone wrong and joins forces with a group of intergalactic outlaws to stop the Badoon from conquering the galaxy.

>Early drafts featured Richard Rider joining the Nova Corps and developing a feud turned friendship with Star-Lord, but Gunn scrapped the concept in order to streamline the narrative.

>Early drafts featured Bug as a member of the team; appearances by Adam Warlock and Rom, the Space Knight; and included the Badoon as Ronan's army and the Spartoi as the Krees' lifelong enemies.

>Early cuts featured ELO's "Living Thing" and Norman Greenbaum's "Spirit in the Sky".

>Early cuts featured Stan Lee as one of the items in the Collector's inventory, but it was cut for being too meta.

>Joel Edgerton, Eddie Redmayne, Jensen Ackles, Jack Huston, Cam Gigandet, Sullivan Stapleton, Logan Marshall-Green, Garrett Hedlund, Chris Lowell, James Marsden, Jim Sturgess, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Aaron Paul, Michael Rosenbaum, Wes Bentley, John Krasinski, Lee Pace and Glenn Howerton auditioned for Star-Lord before Chris Pratt was cast.

>Gina Carano, Olivia Wilde, Rachel Nichols, Thandie Newton, Elizabeth Banks and Adrianne Palicki auditioned for Gamora before Zoe Saldana was cast.

>Jason Momoa was approached for Drax, but refused to cut his hair for the role. Djimon Hounson, Brian Patrick Wade and Isaiah Mustafa auditioned before Dave Bautista was cast.

>Jim Carrey, Adam Sandler and David Tennat were approached to voice Rocket before Bradley Cooper was cast.

>Gal Gadot auditioned for Nebula before Karen Gillian was cast.

>Marvel Studios offered to allow Fox to retain the rights to Daredevil in exchange for using Silver Surfer and Galactus in the movie, but Fox declined.

> test audiences didn't get the joke

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WELCOME TO "ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A MOVIE TEST AUDIENCE?"

It is an easy-to-miss joke. I understand the cut.

The soup scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=QPX2jfWru-A

I get why it was cut, their scene at the end with them seperating would have been better without a OWWWW HELP MEEEE OWWWWWCHHHH in the background!

>Early cuts featured a sixth post-credits scene in which Gamora and Mantis hearing the screams of one of the Ravagers who were pierced by Yondu's arrow and has presumably been forgotten and screaming in agony throughout the third act of the movie. This was deleted as test-audiences didn't get the joke.
reeeeeeeeee

>Adam Sandler
Wouldn't that have been something?

Imagine how different it would be if Fox weren't a bunch of greedy guts and gave em Galactus and Ol Chromedome instead of Jewing em away for a movie that will never happen.

>what could have been

life is full of possibilities, why waste your time on what didn't happen

It's entertaining to know.

>Gunn was advised against including a particular alien race, the Sneeps, because their name resembles the Icelandic slang for female genitalia. The studio eventually relented to their appearance.
Literally who cares? Iceland is like the less relevant isle in existence.

>we got boring negress instead of based Olivia Wilde

>Early drafts featured Richard Rider joining the Nova Corps and developing a feud turned friendship with Star-Lord, but Gunn scrapped the concept in order to streamline the narrative.

That sounds neat. Tell me they're gonna add ol' buckethead eventually and that they don't fuck it up, Sup Forums

Please! Dick Rider is about all I got left with modern marvel

Can we post Quorra now?

Gunn doesn't like him, so not happening in the "Guardians" franchise.

He's rumored to appear in Captain Marvel.

>yfw Kamala, Richard and Peter become the MCU teen trinity

If we're going down that route, why waste your time on Sup Forums at all?

I think we have to.

>On July 17, 1992, Mantlo was struck by a car while rollerblading.The driver of the car fled the scene and was never identified. Mantlo suffered severe head trauma. According to his biographer, cartoonist David Yurkovich, in 2006, "For a while Bill was comatose. Although no longer in a coma, the brain damage he suffered in the accident is irreparable. His activities of daily living are severely curtailed and he resides in a healthcare facility where he receives full-time care."As Mantlo's brother and caregiver Michael described the injury: "Bill is, and has been, trapped in a world of confusion and despair since his accident. The cognitive deficits he suffered have left him unable to reason or understand his situation, and he struggles daily to maintain any control over his own mind. For someone with his intellect and imagination, this was the absolute worst type of injury that could ever have happened to him."

>In 2014, Marvel Entertainment and Walt Disney Pictures granted Mantlo a private preview screening of the Marvel Cinematic Universe film Guardians of the Galaxy, which features his creation, Rocket Raccoon, as a principal character. Michael Mantlo said his brother was pleased with the adaptation, which credits him as the character's co-creator, and enjoyed the occasion.

What the fuck is not to like, Gunn

>Want to add this character to make the story as great as possible
>Oh wait that character apparently belongs to an actor so you can't use him
Rince and repeat for the entire Guardians of the Galaxy 2 info. Kind of a garbage way of telling a story, so I can understand why it didn't seem interesting.
>>>Jim Carrey, Adam Sandler and David Tennat were approached to voice Rocket before Bradley Cooper was cast.
>Adam Sandler
KEK

Nicole Perlman talks about him a lot, and there's a rumor floating around that she's putting him in Captain Marvel.
I really hope there's some truth to that.
I think they're gonna, or at least should, skip Rich's teen years. The best stuff is his 20's

I didn't know that, really sad

How dare they hold on to the rights of 2 character they paid millions of dollars for, greedy guts

>>Early cuts featured a longer segment on Earth including cameo appearances from Nathan Fillion as fictional actor Simon Williams and Gregg Henry as Grandpa Quill in a scene filled with Easter Eggs but both were ultimately cut from the movie.
>>Early cuts featured a sixth post-credits scene in which Gamora and Mantis hearing the screams of one of the Ravagers who were pierced by Yondu's arrow and has presumably been forgotten and screaming in agony throughout the third act of the movie. This was deleted as test-audiences didn't get the joke.
These are the only things that bum me out. That and Bowie dying.

>Instead of a Kree-hybrid, Danvers is now imbued with/enhanced by the Power Infinity Gem as part of an accident in Xandar's attempts to fuse it to the new model of Nova Force combat suits.

>Jensen Ackles Star Lord
God fucking dammit I could see it

Has Perlman written comics before? Her name sounds familiar

>they cut Fillion as Simon
Man now I'm sad, that would have been great.

She wrote the Gamora comic that spent over 2 years in development hell

Didn't that get canned almost as soon as it was released?

How was it?

>Jim Carrey, Adam Sandler and David Tennat were approached to voice Rocket before Bradley Cooper was cast.
Golly.

I don't remember how long is lasted, but I don't think it was very long.
I was turned off by the synergy in the first issue

>Nicole Perlman talks about him a lot
People say this, but a quick google search doesn't bring up much of anything backing that claim up.

>get offered a golden ticket to allow them more time on a property they already had interest in in exchange for allowing Marvel to use two characters from a movie that flopped a decade ago
>losing a goddamn toy box because you didn't want to share a couple toys
>sensible

Yeah, if you're Sony.