>lightspeed absolutely BTFOs huge motherfucker of a ship

>lightspeed absolutely BTFOs huge motherfucker of a ship
So... why has no one done this before?

turn your brain off, bro

Um, sweaty, only strong women know the secret technique. The force is female.

I really liked that scene. Wish there wasn't the silly explosion sound though.

male leaders were too stupid, constantly thinking with their dicks, to ever come up with such a GENIUS plan. end the patriarchy.

LMAO DUDE LET'S JUST RUN AWAY THERE'S NO WAY THEY CAN SEE US THAT W- LMAO DUDE YOU'RE ALL GETTING KILLED IN THE ESCAPE PODS WHOOPS

please don't turn Laura Dern into a meme. She doesn't deserve this.

The Force prevented it until this exact moment.

can you point out a moment in any of the other films where there's actually a good opportunity to pull it off?

Too late!

>Never let a woman lead before
>Finally do
>She comes up with an amazing solution
>"WOW WHY DID WE NEVER TRY THAT BEFORE!?"

Literally every single time there is a big ship of any sort. Or space station. Or planet. Or anything except a very small ship that would be hard to aim at and easier killed by regular laser fire anyway.

If this was possible at all, it is absolutely inconceivable that it hasn't been used before, billions of times.

>not replacing her with admiral ackbar
>not seing him shout ALLAHU AKBAR before raming the ship

Looking at the damage ant the size of the ship it might've taken out the Death Star for example. Maybe not completely but it would definitely make it inoperable. So, yeah surprised no one has weaponized this yet.

Because it actually damaged the local structure of hyperspace. Based Rian unwittingly introducing a way for the Yuuzhan Vong to enter the galaxy for X-XII.

Oh fuck off. The Last Jedi is the first good Star Wars movie in 30 years.

Lots of pacing issues and plot holes, plus character inconsistencies between various points in their character arcs, keep it from being great. I'm pretty sure you can cut the entire Canto Bight arc from the film and it'd be not only better, but no more confusing for the omission.

But it's still a really good film. The music and visuals are great, probably because this is the first Star Wars by an actually skilled director since George replaced all the talented people who worked on the OT. The core emotional arc between Rey, Kylo, and Luke works really well and everyone involved gives great performances. The action is really fun when it counts, like the opening with Poe or Luke's short but sweet duel with Kylo, despite the pacing dragging a lot during the second act.

Overall, I rate 86/100 - better than anything *since* the OT, but weighed down by too many plot and pacing problems to be on the level of the originals.

A better question is why the fuck didn't she just tell her plans to her FUCKING CREW?

>fly into trench and pick off tiny ass opening

OR

>hyper jump a cruiser or two into the death star

2 films could have done this. Also, new rogue one could have just took out the planetary defense grid instantly as well as the star destroyers guarding it and the death star when it showed up. We could also just hyper jump ships and shit into planets instead of blowing them up. Unstoppable bombardment of tiny missiles hitting planets at faster than light speeds probably do some damage instead of wasting all that money on a death star.

Nice pasta user, I was hungry.

it's star wars. she knew the deal.

In the OT, if a ship wants to go into hyperspace, do they know exactly what is there at the other end? If they accidentally land in the exact spot another ship is positioned, does that rip apart both ships? What if there's a planet there or something? What if there is anything in between the point where the ship is currently and where the ship is intended to stop? Does everything in between get destroyed? I'm not asking this is a snarky, nitpicky way, I'm genuinely asking. It seems like Rian didn't bother to think about this stuff to be honest.

The thing is it not only ruins all future SW movies, it also retroactively ruins the past films and makes them all look like idiots.

A New Hope - "Sir we've worked out the final plan for the assault on the death star and it will be risky and cost many lives but it migh-" "Just Hyperspace-Ram it"

Empire - "Sir the troops are ready for the ground assault on Hoth, walkers are ready to deploy" "Just Hyperspace-Ram the shield generator from orbit then Hyperspace-ram the rebel base. Boom. All the rebels will be dead before they can evacuate, wars over, and we never had to do a ground assault"

Jedi - "Sir they built a new death star and it's even bigg-" "Just Hyperspace-Ram it" "But sir its surrounded by a shield from the Endor moo-" "Just hyperspace ram the endor Moon until you take out the shield generator, Ewoks are collateral damage, then hyperspace ram the new death star"

Phantom Menace - "Annakin you have to take out that droid controller" "Just hyperspace ram it"

Rogue One - "We have to take down that shield generator!" "Just hyperspace ra- actually you know what were going to just hyperspace ram the death star anyway so we don't even need these stupid plans"

TFA - My god they built an even BIGGER death sta-" "Just hyperspace ram it"

etc, etc

I hate how she looked like those rich characters from the Hunger Games.

>Never let a woman lead before
Mon Mothma

Shh, user, we don't talk about Mon Mothma or Lando around here. They're retroactive SJW characters.

Yeah it also baffles me how it hasn't even occurred accidentally. Maybe they have some really advanced TCAS or some shit that's prevented just about any collision. But then why would it even collide? Did she bypass it?

It takes time to spool. You're ramming a billion dollar vessel into something. It requires an override that only very few have access to.

I'd call you an idiot if you weren't just parroting some other idiot's dumb question.

Death star, they knew were the weak link was so all they could have done in just send in a huge disposable ship to kamikaze it

> resistance ships are moving to hide behind the planet
> first order lets their cruisers go after them to finish them off, but keeps snoke's ship behind
> once behind the planet, resistance ships people to the surface in transports
> as the first order turns around the planet, they see the calamari cruiser facing them head on slowly moving towards them
> "They must be desperate"
> Hux's eyes open wide in horror
> "No, this...."
> cut to Ackbar sitting at the helm of the cruiser
> "It's a trap."
> cue hyperspace and splosions

Was she the only person in the entire galaxy besides the mandalorian chick from rebels to discover hair dye?

Money hardly seems to be an issue in those films.
>oops, my multi trillion dollar station got fucked, better build another one

>billion dollar vessel
The Nimitz Class is $8.5 billion, not including the air wing or the continual support.

>Commander SJW takes over
>Almost the entirety of the Resistance is wiped out
What did they mean by this?

faster than light travel gives access to unlimited resources. droids can mine 24/7 at insane rates. materials would be easy to access and move around the galaxy. i seriously doubt they actually cost anything remotely noteworthy in star wars universe - just go to some remote planet and strip mine the entire planet. there are asteroids in near earth orbits we could strip mine that would invalidate our entire economy if we could land on them and mine them and get their resources to earth. the entire galaxy is free to access with droids and ftl travel speeds. ships would be worthless in terms of costs.

/ourgal/

ummm no sweetie. X-Wings have hyperdrives. I'm sure the cost of a single x-wing and pilot pales in comparison to the cost of the capital ship it obliterates

>turn your brain off,

Why is her hair purple?

You don't even need a billion dollar vehicle to hyperspace ram into something. You can weaponize it into a missile or just use a tiny ship. Even a pebble traveling at light speed would obliterate a planet.

Why didnt Kylo Ren just hyperspace ram the planet the remaining two dozen resistance members were on? Why did no one even REACT TO THE FACT 90% OF THE FIRST ORDER FLEET GOT OBLITERATED BY HYPERSPACE RAMMING IT?

uhm, no, sweaty. Only females can hyperspace ram. Get it right next time, flyboy

It feels like there was a traitor subplot left off. A lot of the fake spoilers had mention of it, and they really didn't address how the FO was tracking them through hyperspace much outside of Rose/Finn.

I think this could be a good handwave. You can do the maneuver but it really fucks up hyperspace.

I thought the whole point of the hyperdrive allowing ships to go faster than lightspeed was that it really just opens a 'wormhole' which ships can move through that appears like they are going lightspeed. Kind of like how Sam Niell explained it in Event Horizon. Why would her activating the hyperdrive have her even collide with the other ship?

Could someone define "Hyperspace ramming" to someone who hasn't seen the movie

A strong womxn doesn’t have to explain anything to you, flyboy.

Would have been a beautiful send-off
That or him activating his suicidal trap card

LISTEN and BELIEVE

naw han says it in the first movie where he needs time to plot a course or else they would run into things in light-speed.

Basically they made a ship go into hyperspace and had it collide with a ridiculously bigger one, obliterating it entirely.

doesn't he just talk about going to close to a black hole? that's something else entirely than running into something

Any situation ever.
Do you realise what a tiny single pilot ship going at anywhere near lightspeed would do to a planet it impacted? It would crack the planet apart, ignite the atmosphere and destroy the biosphere in an instant. If FTL ramming is possible in this universe then they would never even have needed to build a Death Star.

This is precisely why fantasy sci-fi universes like Star Wars always hand wave some excuse about hyperspace being separate to realspace. Massive bodies like stars and planets project a field into hyperspace so will fuck YOU up if you fly through them but you can't just kamikaze into them in realspace.
The fact that you can means that FTL kinetic projectile weapons are viable and raises the question of why nobody has ever used them before, given how absolutely devastating they would be.
There was a very clear reason they were verboten and the lore didn't have them and now that was retconned to let Admiral Tumblr be a martyr in a cool CGI scene the entire premise of the space battles of Star Wars is forever broken.

>Just have hope Even though I have a good plan that I won't share with you because no reasons at all
>If we kill our enemies they win
No wonder they needed men to blow up the Death Star. The leadership of the Resistance is completely incompetent. I mean under which circumstances would someone like that pink haired woman even rise high enough to get into a position of authority?

Was that ship staffed? Do they have an expense of ships to reliably do that?

>had it collide with a ridiculously bigger one
the shockwave hit about 5-6 star destroyers and blew them all up

>sweaty

>I mean under which circumstances would someone like that pink haired woman even rise high enough to get into a position of authority?
We see her climb to commander in chief the same way John Rico did in Starship Troopers:
By her superiors having accidents.

Am I the only one who wants to hyperspace ram the admiral holdo? I want her to holdo my dick with her pussy lips

She can do the hyperspace ram manouver while I'm ramming her cootch

Imagine the anal though

I think he used that as an example of things they could crash into. It's been a while but I am sure they mentioned that was the reasoning for plotting a course.

Don't even need a cruiser. Just add some sublight engines and a hyperdrive to an asteroid. That's insane mass. Do it to hundreds of them.

Let's not compare Rico to her. Rico probably had the basic people skills to tell someone when he had a good plan.
I am also pretty sure noone ever tried to remove Rico from command except that one time but that wasn't on the field but during training so it hardly counts.

>Do they have an expense of ships to reliably do that?

The kinetic energy of something a small as a fucking X Wing going at light speed could split a planet apart. So yeah they have an expense of kamikaze ships. Hell just start sticking hyperdrives on torpedoes or some shit. Get droids to pilot ships straight into the enemy at lightspeed.

Stephen Hawkings says that if humanity ever build an FTL drive we should be extremely careful about firing it up because any advanced civilisation out there that detects it might just wipe us out immediately as a precaution because once you have an FTL drive you also essentially have a doomsday weapon if you turn it into a projectile.

I think the main concern should be to not aim it at anything unless you want to delete the fucking planet. why does he have to bring aliens into everything?

The ship doing the ramming was manned by one and at that point in the movie she felt she had no other option.

Low test cuck

its more appealing to plebs when you bring up aliens

the point is that in the star wars universe, it was pretty well established that if you're in hyperspace you can't just ram something in realspace, for the exact reason that it's a doomsday weapon that makes anything else obsolete.

It's not hard sci-fi, but it's explained in SW that hyperspace needs safe lanes to be laid out for reliable travel, so that space mariners don't hit stars or blackholes or whatnot. There also doesn't seem to be much Z axis in the galaxy, so everything is basically on the same flat plane.

Exactly, why even build a Death Star when you got FTL projectiles just sitting there?

Wouldn't a civ capable of building and detecting FTL drives have developed some sort of countermeasures?

Also, in TFA they have to aproach Starkiller Base at lightspeed so they can fly through the shield abusing its refresh rate. They say if they fuck up the shield will kill them. So it seems like having a couple of shields timed correctly would protect from FTL projectiles.

Why wasn't the Dreadnought ship completely packed with AA turrets? Why can one X-Wing just fly up to it and they have no way of dealing with it?

This throws out the nice notion that ships can ripped out of hyperspace by something massive enough near by, as a safety precaution.

Bcmecasue the force is female

And yet their new star destroyers are brimming with armament the but the new dreadnought had just some turbolasers but no ion cannons or point defense?

And why are there never any medium sized support vessels.

From a cinematographic viewpoint the scene was beautiful, but it made absolutely no sense in the context of the star wars universe.

low test cuck

they said if they fucked up exiting too late they'd fly straight into the planets gravity well in hyperspace and it would kill them, or they'd come out too early and smash into the shield
they were able to bypass the shield by crossing it's boundary within hyperspace and then exiting into realspace past the shield
there was no mention that they'd just crash into the planet in realspace at lightspeed if they fucked up
(because if that was possible you'd just set a drone to pilot a ship straight into the planet at lightspeed and crack it open like an egg)

Why does a faggot doing a shitty dance mesmerize a galactic conqueror to the point he forgets to become omnipotent by simply lowering his hand?

Because some writers are just that bad.

this. casual friend of mine said he liked this scene until i told him why it sucked

cuck

Um, sweetie, if you have a problem with this movie you are a nazi white male

Apparently they have absolute shit military doctrine and designers.

Also, why didn't they send one ot two cruisers to lightspeed past the resistance ship and cut it off/blow it up from the front?

She done goofed up by signing up to this schlock. Now the masses will no longer remember her for her role in Inland Empire

this is precisely why FTL projectiles are not supposed to exist in the SW universe, or any space fantasy universe really.
They ALWAYS use the warpgate/hyperspace/warpspace get out, because for a space adventure universe to work you can't have every cowboy with a starship flying a civilisation destroying megaweapon.

but they needed a cool scene where tumblr got to be a hero and deus ex an escape for the resistance so fuck the established lore

midichlestrogen decides your force potential, sweaty

>Episode 4
Just autopilot a droid ship to crash into the death star at FTL speeds

>Episode 5
Just autopilot a ship to crash into Darth Vader's ship at FTL speeds

>Episode 6
Just autpilot a ship to crash into the Endor shield generator, then autopilot a ship into the Second Death Star

>Episode 1
Just autopilot a ship into the droid command ship

>Episode 2
Actually, there's no real opportunity here.

>Episode 3
The entire fucking war should be nothing but hyperspace kamikazes.

Because the force is female

Did you just assume xer gender, master sweetie?

or they're idiots i swear sjw have the attention span of a retarded lemming.
They only care about the current most popular thing and once they destroy it they go searching for something new to ruin.

An xwing will probably do minimal damage to a ship the size of a dreadnought, shit it might even barely damage the smaller star destroyers.

She did

>Did she bypass it?

Shame on you, white Christian male! We stronk womyn are taking back this galaxy!

>Actually, there's no real opportunity here.

Sure there is.

>Autopilot droid ship into Kamino facility, removing the ability for them to create clones.
>Autopilot droid capital ship into Geonosis, fuck Geonosis

you massively underestimate the amount of energy a several hundred kg projectile has when going at lightspeed. it would cut through a super star destroyer like paper.

>i want to feel your force inside me, flyboy

Best reason I can think is that capital ships cost millions upon millions of credits and the rebels are stretched pretty thin already. And the empire just keeps spending money on super weapons instead of pearl harboring planets.

Kill all white Christian men tbqh family. Happy Holidays! Happy Monday of no significance whatsoever! Fucking cis scum!

don't be an idiot. I'm not a big fan of this hyperam, but ship like that must have costed around one planet early income, so there is economic explanation.

There were bigger bullshits, don't sweat the little ones

Maybe... Maybe you have to accelerate a little bit before you actually get into hyperspace/warpspace or whatever, so during acceleration you are still in realspace. So basically to do a succesfull FTL kamikaze you need really good timing and get close enough to your target, making FTL weapons not viable for long range and not reliable at all so it's better to use conventional weapons for short range as well.

i don’t really like star wars at all, but its fun to think if they had the guts to follow the world logic very strictly. lets say holdo was the first to discover the ftl ram. thenthe issue now is to build a solid protection, like an energy field to deflect ftl ram. and even with that - no big ships from now on. they are two dependant on their ftl ram defense and are two good a target. so the strategy must shift from a scheme “capital + screens” to some kind of agile fleet, like a school of small fish dodging the shark

Even then, there's no reason to engage in fleet action if you have enough hyperdrive equipped asteroids. You'll reach your target distance for optimum speed before entering hyperspace and start firing the projectiles.