Will he get away with it?

Will he get away with it?

>I am the studio

If it grosses less than 1.2-1.4 billion, he's out and his new trilogy is done.

KK: Rian Who?

He'll be reminded as the asshole who killed star wars. Now that's an achievement.

He's already licking the bulls cum out of Kathleen's snatch

>under one billion
he's fucked. unlikely.
>between $1.1-1.4 billion
shaky ground. even more bad pr for disney if they fire him after doubling down on his new original trilogy, but such a huge drop off from force awakens could be unforgivable.
>$1.5 billion and up
the absolute madman gets away with it

underrated

This guy literally made me hate Star Wars and I am easy to please

People don't dare say it yet because it's still new, but that movie is a piece of garbage. Even as a movie, without even judging as a star wars.

For what, making the best Disney Wars film?

All he does is grin and giggle and mumble.

Is he mentally ill?

i think not

Disney will kill him and frame the alt right for it

Source PLEASE

Why does he need to be hyper social for? Many directors have social anxiety.

No. The backlash is too great

Rian is a flawed filmmaker. JJ is a flawless businessman. Dumb manchildren put more value in the latter.

Yes, the movie was quite good

>movie was quite good

As lame as TFA was, Abrams made a massively superior film to Johnson's.

What's happening there?

This is because you are another of those falling for JJ's dishonest tactics. He approaches Star Wars like a machine. Makes sure all the boxes are ticked. Gotta keep those nostalgia juices flowing even if it trivializes the OT. Atleast Rian showed some gut and displayed a semblance of personal interpretation. Even if flawed, that's still preferrable over the cynical and calculating TFA that brought almost nothing new to SW.

I can somewhat agree with this post, it's not like TFA plot made much sense anyway.
Still, TFA hinted at some things that literally got trashed to the ground in TLJ

Mark is being physically abused by Rian Johnson for speaking his mind about that shitty movie.

He had every chance to make kino but he flugged it. Thrse movies need atmosphere and tension not shoe horned in diversity politics and diversity quotas to fill.

>If it grosses less than 1.2-1.4 billion, he's out and his new trilogy is done.

Pic related. All but assured...the flick's tracking towards $600 million at this point, which doubled, is a mere $1.2 billion.

The important thing to remember is, from Disney's certain point of view, he COST THEM upwards of a half billion dollars. Even a 100% predictable SW Ep should have grossed $1.5 to 1.7 billion dollars. And that's not even the damage done to Solo and the brand in general.
He and Kennedy may as well have robbed Disneyland, kek.

BEADY LITTLE EYES

Lay off the BO charts bro. They're not good for you.

No, the Mouse doesn't takes failure lightly.

No it's because TFA functions as a servicable film with a beginning, middle and end and doesn't outstay its welcome.

It's still bland and embarrassing and derivative but holy shit it's a fucking masterpiece compared to Rian Johnson's Battlestar Galactica movie filled with stupid people doing stupid things and making unfunny cringe-y jokes.

TFA was utter trash. TLJ is also trash, but slightly different, e.g. a different trash heap in a different city

>The important thing to remember is, from Disney's certain point of view, he COST THEM upwards of a half billion dollars
Never thought of that, but you're right. The mouse will definitely pull his strings and things will take a different course.

Let's see, JJ literally started the new trilogy with a quip. And he also overrode the entirety of OT into a reboot with no explanations given what the fuck the First Order even is. Then he puts a bland ANH on repeat for the masses while also introducing mysteries he has zero clues has for answers. And then he makes the star of the trilogy a Mary Sue and her pet nigger.

How the fuck was Rian even supposed to do anything with this? He made his own thing instead because fuck JJ. Good on him.

Show me an anxiety ridden soyboy who can direct.

Most directors are semi-autistic.

I'll always defend an artist's creative vision and their freedom to express it. But I'll also call them out for failing as hard as Johnson did. TLJ is merely the first minute of ANH stretched out to 2 1/2 hours with a Cantina scene and Luke dying because he's tired, to the tune of 200m dollars. That's it. That's literally it.

JJ had a plan for Luke, there was a real disconnect between Ep 7 and 8. He also laid the foundation for most of the plot lines. But Rian said; Fuck it, it's my movie now.

This is like OKC Thunder basketball wherein the team gives them the lead, only for Russell Westbrook to say: 'It's me time'

Kennedy is the one who really fucked up. She was supposedly to keep Johnson on his leash and she didn’t.

Johnson’s trilogy should be canceled and Kennedy should be fired.

I hate producers who keep directors "on leash". We shouldn't be talking about abandoning director-driven SW yet. The studio model will fuck it even harder.

youre kidding right? rian starts tlj with a quip and a mama joke.

NO BULLY