Kelly does it again

Kelly does it again

Other urls found in this thread:

aclu.org/blog/speak-freely/its-rush-kill-arkansas-may-have-executed-innocent-man
theonion.com/graphic/mask-hysteria-55734
deathpenaltyinfo.org/some-examples-post-furman-botched-executions
forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2014/05/01/considering-the-death-penalty-your-tax-dollars-at-work/#62e32269664b
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How can one man be so correct?

I don't get what this is referencing.

aclu.org/blog/speak-freely/its-rush-kill-arkansas-may-have-executed-innocent-man

Arkansas wanted to execute some guy before the expiration date of the drugs used to kill prisoners. and europe stopped selling us the drugs since we use them to execute people

The ACLU is here to save the guy who is about to get executed, the government workers are worried because the death drugs are about to go bad.

I haven't seen a Kelly thread in a while, post the latest strips before someone asks if it's satire.

>WE GOTTA USE THESE DRUGS TO KILL HIM, IT'S MORE HUMANE
He's gonna fucking die just shoot him

i got u senpai

More here: theonion.com/graphic/mask-hysteria-55734

Can you imagine being strapped to a table and injected with liquid death? Knowing it's already too late, you only have seconds to live, struggling as hard as you can not to close your eyes, because you know you're never seeing the world again? That's some horrifying shit, honestly. They should let people choose how they prefer to be offed, tbqh.

Or hang him, or use the Guillotine. If properly done and maintained, both methods could be painless, and would therefore not be "cruel and unusual punishment". It's too bad this country's full of prancing bleeding hear hippies who think fee-fees are. Ore important than practicality.

States like the veneer of civility that lethal injection provides. The whole point is to make it seem clean and bloodless so that fewer people object to it.

Honestly lethal injection is less humane than "archaic" forms of execution, it just makes the executioner feel better because it's "cleaner"

A breathing mask with something like carbon monoxide or helium would be better.

Good old crying Lady Liberty.

This one is too true though. Gross out of shape cosplayer aside, the half naked chick will always win over well crafted costumes.

> It's too bad this country's full of prancing bleeding hear hippies who think fee-fees are. Ore important than practicality.
Hippies don't support lethal injection. States use lethal injection so that fence-sitters aren't troubled by executions because it looks neat and medical to them. It's all about the perception of people who think modern execution is somehow civilized just because it's done with an injection instead of a blade or a noose.

Bleeding heart hippies are against the death penalty.
>cause that's also an option, just get rid of the death penalty.

lethal injection is such a fucking joke
>1,054 people have been killed by lethal injection
>75 of them were botched in some way
>7.12% botch rate
shit like the veins blowing and the drugs get injected into the muscle which is extremely painful, they used the wrong drugs, the drugs take hours to kill the person
deathpenaltyinfo.org/some-examples-post-furman-botched-executions

If we're going to have a death penalty whatever, but end this nonsense of spending millions on these "humane drugs", just fucking hang them.

Why should my tax dollars go to housing and feeding a murderer for decades when we can just put a bullet in his head and be done with it?

I support getting rid of the death penalty if for no other reason than it's actually more expensive to execute them than to lock them up forever. Also I find it weird that the people most afraid of government overreach are the ones who by and large support giving the government the ability to kill.

>drugs may have gone bad
I'd hate to get one of these shots and then die because it expired

>It's too bad this country's full of prancing bleeding hear hippies who think fee-fees are
its too bad Sup Forums is filled with people who just hurl insults and make sweeping generalizations at anyone who thinks slightly different from them, instead of trying to understand someone else's position

It wouldn't be so expensive if it was just breaking the neck with a rope instead of putting some expensive chemical in.

>Why should my tax dollars go to housing and feeding a murderer for decades when we can just put a bullet in his head and be done with it?
It costs more to execute someone than life in prison

forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2014/05/01/considering-the-death-penalty-your-tax-dollars-at-work/#62e32269664b

Last starwars co this faggot one and there were way better costumes there.

its actually more expensive to execute someone than it is to incarcerate them for life, mainly because of all the guaranteed appeals people on death row get

and despite all that, they've still executed people who later were proven to be innocent

> I support getting rid of the death penalty if for no other reason than it's actually more expensive to execute them than to lock them up forever.
Only because lawyers have tacked on a million unnecessary appeals and other requirements just to milk the whole process for more money. A bullet costs a few cents. Locking someone up for years costs way more than that.

The ideal is that when the state decides that someone should be executed, they don't torture them to death.

With the amount of appeals and housing the prisoner for years before they get executed, it's actually more expensive than if they lived out a life sentence

The possibility he's innocent I guess.

Whats with his obsession with Lady Liberty? Does he have a statue fetish?

user said bullet for a reason.

it doesn't bother you at all that they might be executing the wrong guy?

What if you were wrongfully convicted of murder?

> they don't torture them to death.
Why not? These people are the worst scum imaginable. They've earned a painful death a hundred times over.

That's not the source of the cost you idiot, do some actual research. Anyone on death row has the right to appeals courts and legal representation, since you know, if the court fucked up there's no going back. Unless you get rid of the right then execution will always be expensive

>Implying this position has any merit.
There is literally no benefit that the Lethal Injection Holds over other older forms of Excection. The Noose and The Guillotine are all cheaper, more reliable, and more humane than the needle.

i fuggen love Breakfast Burritos
and pancakes
gimme both

Trumps wall is never getting built

replacing lethal injection with a bullet wouldn't speed up the process until the very end

Y'know there's a whole system when it comes to executing somebody. It's a very long and costly system too. It's really just cheaper housing them in prison for life and thanks to our private prison system you can feed your prisoners with grade F mashed potatoes and keep their living expenses down to the penny. Not to mention all those gangwars going on in there will eventually get ol' murdering pete killed too.

Of course if you still want executions you can just do away with the whole process altogether and get right to the bullet, but I just hope you don't mind the state taking innocent lives.

Sounds like it makes more sense to just lock them up forever. It's not like it really changes things except to remove that sometimes-cathartic execution

because smarter people than you wrote the 8th amendment which bans cruel punishments

>giving someone the right to appeal a death sentence is just a plot by the lawyers for more money

So don't give them the appeals. Simple.

And what if you wrongfully let a guilty person go? It cuts both ways.

what about

a breakfast burrito

but instead of a tortilla

a pancake

Depends on what he does with the billion or so the new budget allocated to border security

That's not how our judicial system works

I was commenting on your characterization of those who you think support it. It was a ridiculous and unnecessary ad hominem.

It bans cruel and unusual punishments.
Liberals pulled the idea that it bans executions out of their asses. This is why no one trusts liberal judges to actually apply the law, they make up parts just to fit their ideology instead of going with what the law actually says.

Its the Shockmaster!

>dude what if he's actually guilty

Then clearly the prosecution didn't do their fucking jobs, but the point of the system is a presumption of innocence- guilt must be proven.

We're not talking about executions, we're talking about torturing someone to death. I'm not sure how that doesn't fall under cruel punishment

>These people are the worst scum imaginable. They've earned a painful death a hundred times over.
>not cruel

maybe they just think execution is cruel and unusual across the board, regardless of method

Someone who is only locked up can break out and commit crimes again. Or they can pose a danger to prison guards. Someone who is dead and in the ground won't be able to harm anyone.

>Californians decide democracy is a good thing so they have periodic statewide sweeping votes on things
>every time something conservative is approved a liberal judge strikes it down

Always made me chuckle

Most of these guys try to hang themselves. They'd be better off suffering for life in a maximum security prison. They should be forcefully castrated and ammputated imo.

>what if you wrongfully let a guilty person go
you're innocent until proven guilty

Well what if we break their legs?

That's the point of judges though.
Breakout isn't likely though it's not fucking Batman, and the guards sorta signed up for the risk.

Then they are fucking idiots. There is nothing cruel about giving people what they deserve, and execution isn't unusual. It has been practiced for literally thousands of years, and plenty of countries still do it because it works.

when was the last time a murderer escaped an american prison and got away?

>three strike law

> That's the point of judges though.
Bzzzt. Wrong. The point of judges is to apply the law as it is written, not to make up stuff because they don't like the Constitution and think it's "outdated."

The prisoners are more of a danger to themselves than the guards. While I'm not denying that guards can get hurt pretty badly during work but Prisons have gangs in them and they just mostly end up hurting and killing each other.

Prop 8 was declared unconstitutional by a Republican nominated by Reagan

¡Hola Reddit!

Kelly is funny but capital punishment is completely justified when a murderer is given a Harvard education, room and board, a gym, and a doctor on call while most of us are scraping bye.

who are you quoting

>plenty of countries still do it because it works.

Yeah this sure is a club of countries that we should want to be a part of

Yeah, and they were proven guilty. That's why we execute them. Are you just pretending to be this retarded?

Death by helium is the most humane

But it's their job to interpret the law

You know that despite the fact that law is written, there still many interpretations of said law right? That's why we have judges. To apply and interpret laws.

>I only have crumbs, so I'm going to get mad that people in prison have a few crumbs too instead of getting mad at people who have the whole pie

Japan has one of the lowest crime rates in the world. I see no problem following their example.

>It has been practiced for literally thousands of years
So has circumcision.

It sounds like your idea of what judges actually do has been shaped by Fox News or something. "so called liberal judges" don't just say they don't like a law and overturn it, and I dare you to find one instance of that happening.

while the idea does hold merit, i prefer a more neutral starch to hold my food like a tortilla or toast or a biscuit. Pancakes are much more savory and i appreciate that on its own merits much more, especially when paired with things like syrup and fruit. which i dont like with things like eggs and breakfast meats and potatoes.
but i will eat them side by side! just not as one item

Should we just give everyone a free pass because (((some people))) have more than everyone else?

The niggas with the pie are the ones giving the guys more crumbs so technically yeah he is.

And the most hilarious.

I'm saying you're focusing on the wrong problems

>why not
Because someone might be innocent.

They invented the idea of a Constitutional right to fag marriage even though neither fags nor marriage are anywhere in the Constitution.

Yes, but this has been practiced by people OTHER than Kikes and sandniggers.

Happy mayo de chenko or whatever.

Probably gonna give it to sessions to fund his war on marijuana.

if that bugest gets passed and even then i doubt his ego or other official will let him spend that much on a useless ego monument. im all but convinced he's given up on it, if it ever happens it will be a token effort at best. though he'll brag about it all the same

It isn't civil. There's a difference between vengeance and justice.

In order to attack Trump's travel restriction they brought in a ton of stuff that wasn't in there at all in order to say that it discriminates against muslims when in fact muslims are never even mentioned in the order.

>Liberals pulled the idea that it bans executions out of their asses.
No one was talking about that, you idiot.

You're a fucking imbecile. Just take a look at the "confirmed guilty" rapists/murders who turned out to be innocent because eye witness testimony is retarded and DNA evidence saved their lives. But I would be for the death penalty so as long retards like you get to hang.

I HAD FAJITAS FOR DINNER LAST NIGHT AND THEY WERE GREAT.
I ATE TIL I WAS OVER FULL AND FARTED THE REST OF THE NIGHT
ALL HAIL OUT MEXICAN OVERLORDS AND THEIR DELICIOUS FOOD THAT GIVES ME GAS

The only people who "deserve" to die are already dying or near to it. The truly unacceptable people deserve a lifetime of suffering, but THAT is what is considered cruel.

Also, there is nothing that proves execution is an effective deterrent for violent crime. The only thing it definitively accomplishes is making further potential crimes committed by the executed thereafter impossible.

good lord that just what we need.
let people get high in peace and hot box the old farts who insist its evil

It guarantees equality under the law. If Mike can marry Sally, but Rachel can't marry Sally, and the only reason is because Rachel is a girl, then they're not being treated equally due to their sex.

maybe I'm crazy but I can never tell what point he is trying to make

Like with old political cartoons I can generally understand what they are trying to communicate even if I disagree or think its dumb

with Kelly I can't even tell if there is actually a message, its like he just throws a bunch of symbolism together in a cartoon but doesn't bother to make sure the symbols have any type of coherent thought