$223 million away from $1 billion

>$223 million away from $1 billion

Will it even make it now? Its numbers have plummeted and China doesn't give a fuck about good Star Wars, let alone Nu Wars. I feel like it will finish up just short, maybe $980 million or so.

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2017/12/22/movies/star-wars-last-jedi-women-run-universe.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It will make it. But the drop off once hits a billion will be even steeper. I was planning on a second viewing c this week I’m sure there are a lot of people like me debating a second viewing. I was only half paying attention the first time.

It will sadly. It had a monster opening and even if it's dropping it's not dropping fast enough not to reach 1 billion
Just get a cam...why give disney more money

It won’t make anywhere close to 2. TFA is probably the high water mark for Star Wars.
I’m hoping for a bonafide flop in one of these side stories. Han Solo, hopefully, but I doubt it

Han Solo guessing 600-700 million.

Sounds about right, it will be Disney's Justice League.

Why would the BO make you reconsider a second viewing?

>This much delusions
LOL

It's only been out 8 days and it's already close to $800 million dollars. It has three full weeks left in it's theatrical run, and it hasn't opened yet in all global markets.

This movie will easily do another billion dollars.

And now Star Wars film from the previous two trilogies made more money than the first film in the saga.

Deal with it.

>The third Star Wars film in three years to make a Billion dollars.
Will Sup Forums ever stop being wrong?

Will you ever stop getting BTFO?

>Will it even make it now?
Of course.

It will make 1 billion in total, not domestic, obviously.
It will be between 600 to 700 domestic, and something similar foreign.
So we are looking at 1.2 to 1.4 billion, most likely.
No, it's not a small amount of money but yes, it's below what Disney wanted

Probably top out at 1.2billion

>I was only half paying attention the first time.
You weren't paying attention because it's a fucking shit movie and the pacing and plot devices are very poor.

>but yes, it's below what Disney wanted
Source: ASS

>mouse shills
I'm so tried of this

Barring some real world catastrophe, it's literally impossible for it to not hit a billion.

Disney will drag star wars on forever for the merchandising. The two little kids I happen to know from babysitting fucking love star wars and have tons of toys.

>Disney expected to make 800 million less and piss of a bunch of fans
>this is fine
lmao
can't wait for "creative differences" between Rian and Kennedy

You always make the same comments, is too fucking easy to spot you.

They won’t lose as much potential revenue as JL on Solo, but enough of a blow to their ego to keep them from doing a SW movie every year would be bliss

Intense butt hurt.

It will beat Rogue One, but it won't beat Revenge of the Sith adjusted to inflation, it will literally only beat AotC and R1, that's the standard we are holding this movie to now, we are talking about 1.1 billion top, 1.2 if China goes well, which won't happen

Source: ASS

>merchandising.
Of who? No one likes Rey or Kylo, little girls hate star wars and little boys hate female toys

Asians will never see a movie with so much diversity. They hate black people, but they love superior white genetics. Unfortunately this movie has none.

>adjusted to inflation
Your math is wrong. Movie tickets prices haven't raised that much and the value of the American dollar hasn't shifted that much since 2006.

TFA made 2.4, anything less is a diminished return. They want every SW movie to be an event like TFA, without understanding that TFA’s hype was built off 20 years of hype for a good sequel

It was a big return that won’t be paralleled since a new one comes out ever year

>lightsabers
>porgs
>new meme droids

Star Wars merch has never been about the main characters.

Even if they are 200 mil away from a bil, there is still DVD, Blu Ray, Cheapo theaters, on Demand, and so on.

Sorry, even if every single Star Wars movie Disney release is complete shit, it wont see diminishing returns im guessing for 10-15 years.

>Just get a cam...why give disney more money

Because its a good Starwars movie?

Even if the inflation hasn't changed that much in the last 12 years, It's still enough for RotS to beat Rogue One by 100 million at least, Last Jedi will also underperform compared to RotJ and the Phantom Menace

See? Same comments. Can't even argue.

I don't get all these cucks arguing that Disney is happy with 1.2 billion.

I think it cost 200 million to make. I'd say they pumped at least 150 million into advertising.. maybe more as it's every fucking where. Round up to 400 million.

Also, I doubt the merch is selling that well, even at xmas.

They still haven't gotten their money back from the sell to lucas. They might not even break even with the solo film if it sucks.

>it'll reach 1 billion which means its successful!
>Disney only gets 56% of that
>200 million dollar budget with a advertisement budget easily well over double that

Lucasfilm cost Disney 4 billion. The Force Awakens has easily paid back half of that, and Rogue One has done a cool billion world wide. So 1.2 billion puts Disney in the black for the purchase, and that's just going off boxoffice, not BluRay and Streaming and merchandise, and other revenues.

Don't try to lecture big business when they know infinitely more than you do, are smarter than you, and understand their business better than you ever will. Disney is perfectly fine with the performance of The Lest Jedi, because they're looking long term - in the next decade, the Star Wars franchise will make them more money than the GDP of most small countries. They're going to rake money in for years off TLJ.

You don't get it? No kidding - you're fucking stupid.

That's boxoffice, dummy. You have no idea what the number of income streams that movie has generated, and will continue to generate.

Shilling on Christmas? How sad.

>Lucasfilm cost Disney 4 billion. The Force Awakens has easily paid back half of that
Certainly not alone, you know the first ~$4-500m or so is to account for the production of the film in the first place?

I haven't seen numbers on other revenue streams, but box-office numbers don't help until they've broken even, and it's pretty obvious that they're not making nearly as much on merchandising as Lucas did.

Lol, know more than me.. when they ruined a slam dunk franchise with sjw bullshit.

top keks

>Movie theatres just hand over all the money they make from ticket sales - all of it - to Disney, who then don't have to pay a cent in overheads

Yeah no, that's not how things work in reality broseph. TFA cost a cool $500 million to produce and market, and made $2 billion. They see half of that after the domestic theatres, international distributors, etc take their cut which leaves $1 billion, so they made $500 million in profit. Rogue One cost about $350 million to produce and market, made $1.1 billion, Disney see half of that , Disney make $250 million profit. So far we're up to $750 million plus merch, so let's that pushes it over $1 billion after two movies.

>You are here

They were expecting to be pulling up to the halfway point to being in the black on the acquisition after this film, and it's not going to happen. They'll make about the same money they made from Rogue One when all is said and done, pushing their projections to pay off the cost of the franchise back by at least two years.

The real damage will be done to Solo and episode 9. People will be less likely to buy the ticket in the future.

Disney’s trying to strongarm the theaters into giving them a bigger cut of the BO. They have a point, SW and MCU shit makes the most money for theatres these days

hey clown, you do realize that the people that run disney are not these people
nytimes.com/2017/12/22/movies/star-wars-last-jedi-women-run-universe.html
these people are just in charge of star wars until they foul it up, which they have. they've poisoned the well on future endevours. Yes, Disney's finance and economic guys know damn well what they are doing and what they will do is fuck this party up for the woman stronk white male bad crowd - for NO REASON other than to maximize profits.

>Disney forced theatres to keep this turd on their A screens for a month
>Within two weeks no one wants to see it

Gonna be quiet in front of those screens for the next two weeks. If you're having an affair it would be a nice place to fuck your mistress, those cinemas will be empty.

Disney is a publicly traded company and they provide estimates. So no, the source is not ASS. The source is Disney. Numbers do not lie. Disney will do something about this failure.

nice trips
But yeah, theres no reason for disney to be shitting out star wars movies every single year.
They should have done 7-8-9 every two years and then went back and made Rogue One, Solo e.t.c.