Was the Fly episode of Breaking Bad the biggest pleb filter?

Was the Fly episode of Breaking Bad the biggest pleb filter?

It's one of the few insulated plot episodes I can still remember.

No, it was shit

what's the deal with the fly episode, give me the rundown

Been awhile since I've seen it but from what I remember all Walter and Jessie do that episode is tear apart their lab looking for one fly flying around because it could contaminate their cooking.

how is that a pleb filter? And how is that one of the few insulated plot episodes

>Was the Fly episode of Breaking Bad the biggest pleb filter?

2 deep 4 u

Anyone who doesn't like bottle episodes is no friend of mine

Yes and I used to get angry and idiots like
But now I just laugh at how brain dead and ADD riddled their brain must be to not comprehend what an important episode it is concerned with the rest of the series.

The perfect moment to die speech makes it a great episode.

The only filler episode done right

Breaking Bad is the pleb aphrodisiac. Reddit garbage

now this is more like it

didn't they do one episode in one place per season to save money? The trapped in RV in desert is first season's one

It's a filler episode in that it doesn't connect directly to the plot, but the entire episode was basically a metaphor for Walt's psyche.

Walt hunting the fly was about his obsession with maintaining control. From the beginning, he felt that as long as he remained in control the meth business wouldn't get out of hand.

But of course, this is the complete opposite of what happens. In particular his loyalty to Jesse who basically fucks everything up for him due to his unpredictable nature (Jane, Tomas, his possible betrayal to Gus, and of course his eventual betrayal with Hank)

And then later he has an open air methlab

>Jessie...I'm sorry...

The Fly is Jane's death. The entire episode is Walt being weighed down by this imperfection bugging him, and the burden of being unable to tell Jesse. He almost tells him then doesn't, forgot what happens next

pleb detected

how does jesse betray hank ?
that doesnt make any sense

His betrayal WITH Hank. At the end of the series Jesse helps Hank take Walt down

Dumb

Did anyone listen to the BB podcast? That was entertaining, there's one writer who could easily be a stand up comedian, he's hilarious, he wrote Too Big to fail movie

Why couldn’t a chemistry master just make some big spray?

Idk I'm not OP. Just trying to give you a rundown since you asked.

GATORADE ME BITCH

I never understood it but and still enjoyed the series.
Is that what made Breaking Bad a masterpiece? It was entertaining as fuck for yee-haw bumpkins like me and still threw some crumbs for the pretentious fags who wanted it to be deep?
If that's really the case, then BRAVO VINCE.

jessie was stealing a little meth to sell on the side

walter didnt want to believe that he was stealing so deluded himself into thinking a fly was the reason there was batches being slightly smaller

It's a pretty on the nose metaphor for Walts need to control everything and being unable to let anything go being his undoing. It didn't need to be 45 minutes long, you can get to that point in 5 minutes. The fly is shit and makes dummies feel smart.

To this day my friend stands by it being a bad episode because it didn't push the story forward until the end.

It was a lie, they were looking for surveillance equipment, at least walt was.

didnt Rian direct this episode?

Threadly reminder: "The Fly" was directed by Rian Johnson, director of cherished films such as Brick, Looper, and Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

>mfw based RiRi saves Star Wars
>mfw i unironically think he will surpass Avatar and LOTR with his own Star Wars trilogy
>mfw naysayers get BTFO
>mfw
>

yes
weird

This episode was shit, shown to me by my millennial Jew film editing adjunct professor alongside Upstream Color and some documentary about the oppression of African Americas, which were both also shit. Shows you what kind of stuff people watch who also like this episode

>Director: Rian Johnson
>mfw it’s real

This board is a meme

One of the few legitimately good episodes.

>he thinks the Rian trilogy is still happening

Not only does it foreshadow Walt's inevitable fate (), but it is an excellent exploration of Walt's neurosis. He is the fly, Death is the swatter, and it's only a matter of time until either Gus, a rival cartel, Or someone else kills him or puts his money in jeopardy. "We're dead. There is no more room for mistakes...not with these people." Walt knows he's running out of favors from Gus and that he is just a number to Fring. It is the best episode of the Gus arc.

*user has been gifted Reddit Gold for this comment

wtf since when did grandad think his opinion was worth anything

Brick was numale-crimenoir-highschool kino

i watched on netflix when half of season 5 was already out, so it didn't bug me. but if you're waiting each week, i can see how it would be annoying

Okay enjoy your racial propaganda documentaries and nu-male "art" flicks

back to youtube underage b&

What an embarrssing square, time to take your metamucil and off to bed pops