This could have been way better

This could have been way better.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0910865/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It could have, but the fact that it was so dirt-simple was one of the reasons I enjoyed it. Yeah it was basically Diet Iron Man, but after how bloated a lot of last years blockbusters were it was nice to just watch a simple little 3-act hero's journey that told a clean arc with some nice visuals.

What was wrong with it?

A sentence that can describe every MCU movie.

Biggest issue was the pacing was too fast, and it seemed like Doctor Strange learned decades worth of material, in a month.

This film could have really benefited from a montage.

Turning the fantastical Doctor Strange into a generic Iron Man rip off.

Not OP, but

>villain is another Ant-Man situation where the actor is fantastic but the role on the page is totally generic

>hand-to-hand fighting was a little too choppily edited for my tastes

>Rachel McAdams is a great actress given literally nothing to do, like she somehow has even less importance then Pepper in the first Iron Man

>the humour reshoots were REALLY obvious, just these inserted one-shots of people spouting random jokes that you could cut out with no damage to the flow of the scene

>Strange is way too close to Tony Stark and his quirk of knowing music trivia really feels like a late-period script insert to try and make him feel superficially different from Iron Man without doing the legwork of a full character rewrite

Despite all these issues I still ended up having a good time with the film.

You mean removing the brit-washing? agreed.
same with homecumming

Yeah and the original totally shit animated DC movie could have been way better... than this came out, then it was way better.

my real issue with it. why is dr. strange making an iron fist movie?

way too much marital arts. not nearly enough spells casting. strange should have been blasting things with magical energy bolts. not punching things.

Honestly, having watched it twice. I agree.

I felt like this was just a test like "will people be able to follow all this crazy shit", after this did reasonably well and Guardians of the galaxy 2. I think the answer is a resounding yes, I want more fucking buttshit insane shit. A living planet, fuck it gimmy.

I love the direction of the new phase of Marvel. With Thor 3, GotG2, Dr Strange. I feel like they are really getting more and more confirtable with it being insane.

I remember in phase 2 when they didn't want to do crazy shit with wanda so she basically did generic hand magic stuff. If she was done now it would have been much more trippy.

Going back Dr Strange, I was a bit disappointment, aside from the cool visuals it wasn't really that interesting. Need more insane shit!

>totally shit animated DC movie
be specific, this sounds like you are talkkng about civil war.

imdb.com/title/tt0910865/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3

absolutely.
about half the jokes need to go, or at least be replaced.
'it the wifi password, we're not savages' can stay. chong cracking up at 'the warnings come after the spells' can stay.

the soundtracked needed to be completelty replaced by something that actually fits the visuals. some dark-psychadelic rave trip stuff.

there should have been a proper balls to the wall showdown between strange and special k at the end, with strange only making his desperate plan of bargains after realizing he's compltelty outmatched as a sorcerer

also toss in a line that establishes Strange has been at the monastery a good few years by the time he ends up back in new york

The inception hack effects
Mediocre kungfu magic
Sling ring effects
Killed it for me

And why should I care about Drstrange anyway.
Like ant man they're pretty useless

Agreed. I still enjoyed it, though.

This is what iron fist should have been like minus the dormamu shit
If it had the budget

>she somehow has even less importance then Pepper in the first Iron Man

There were the ER scenes, I can't remember whatever Pepper did

BARF

THIS

>just like playing surgeon

Pace and very wooden dialogue, as well as forced attempts at being funny. It's an okay movie, but could have benefited from the story taking place a little bit into the past, maybe even the late 70s or mid-80s. It felt like the time frame of his ascension into being the holder of the Eye was too damn short.

Mordo was very well-done, though. Improvement over the comics.

>This could have been way better.
I'm pretty sure that's Marvel's motto now.

Agreed. They fell back way too much on "trippy" visuals like Inception building bending, and Matrix-martial-arts rather than Ditkoesqe universes, which we got only a couple of times, and iconic Doctor-Strange style spellcasting, which seemed almost completely replaced by shield-and-cape stuff, with even the supposed master the Ancient One only really having 2 skills in her arsenal. No entities were invoked other than Dormammu, no one shot an energy beam to even justify why a shield is one of the things they conjure the most, and not once did Strange call out the name of the spell he used, because what would he even say?

Stuff like the humor are secondary to that for me, because I've come to expect that from the MCU, and am mostly fine with it, but with Ant-Man they had him shrink plenty, with Captain America, they were never afraid to have him throw his shield, Iron Man has jets ablaze, and is fighting and smiting with repulsor rays. It's just a little weird now for them to be so timid.

>Rachel McAdams is a great actress given literally nothing to do, like she somehow has even less importance then Pepper in the first Iron Man
This was a good thing.

>it's a good thing to get a woefully overqualified actress to play a generic supporting role with no meat instead of maybe letting her actually matter in the context of the narrative

I don't remember the thing with Strange knowing music trivia. When does that appear?

Literally the first scene with him in it
Did you even watch the movie? It was this huge thing about him reciting movie trivia while performing surgery

>When does that appear?

When he's doing the opening surgery the people around him are asking him music trivia while he's doing it, just so show how amazing he is.

And honestly I would be fine with it if they actually kept it throughout the film and made him a gigantic music nerd, but they do it like twice and it never pops up again.

Thanks for the info

I saw the first scenes of the movie when I was half-asleep, so I forgot a few of the minor details like the trivia thing