In this moment did he realize that her love was just a program or did he just miss her? I didn't know what to make of it

In this moment did he realize that her love was just a program or did he just miss her? I didn't know what to make of it

you're a big joi

much of everything, all at once
he was much the same
existential crisis in that moment

Depends on your interpretation. Villeneuve once said that her character evolves throughout the movie, but it was in responce to some insane feminist and it's not like Ridley understood his own movie either.

I cried so much through this film I had a migraine. So beautiful and sad. By this point I couldn't take it anymore and killed myself.

holo waifus would never catch on. men would go insane without physical interaction

too many callbacks to feel like a real sequel rather than a remake

the visuals were interesting

i like how lonely the film made you feel

What if your holo waifu orders a prostitute and merges with her? So you can have both?

>tfw no giant holo gf

did you really? thats pathetic

>too many callbacks

It's entire plot is a direct result of the actions and interactions of characters from the first. In what way is this more remake than sequel?

I took that as the moment he realized that his Joi is gone forever and can never be replaced. But that's just my feeling in the moment.

Holo waifus will be coming soon and will be popular, because they're better than nothing.
People jerk off to JOI videos, your big holo can do the same basically.

I didn't ask for your opinion on the movie redditcuck. I asked what the scene in the OP meant.

He realizes that Joinwas his own miracle. She was the one thing even more artificial than him, but she rose above that and managed to truly teach him what it means to be human

tears in the rain redux with snow flakes instead of rain

that's like sand instead of snow

He realized his life had no meaning without joi.
When she said "you're a good joe" he realized how much purpose was inside of having joi as a holowaifu.
This is why in this scene he has flashbacks to what the underground leader said about being human by sacrificing.

Yeah I did. I'm dead now

everything you want to HEAR!

its not like any understood the source material. i mean do androids dream electric sheep or not? i still don't fucking know!

t. skellington

The same with any woman. What makes people special is the time you spent with them, not the physical appearance. Any other JOI can look like her, but it is the emotional attachment to his JOI that made her special

>tfw my girl is literally the meaning of my life

I had a dream she died last night. I woke up depressed as hell and shaking and then remembered she was lying right next to me holding me.

but its fake. its an algorithm. its like Her. not even a real person. but then again they are both not humans.

>I didn't know what to make of it
He realised his Joi was gone forever.

He could buy a new one but it wouldn't be the same, it wouldn't have any of the memories they built together and there's no way to perfectly recreate them, it would be a pale imitation at best, hence the cold black eyes and the subtle difference in how it addresses him.

> completely missing the point

user's point still stands. He realized that even though she was programmed to love him, he still felt as though she was special to him.

If an AI can feel special to someone, the. Perhaps a nexus can feel special to someone else too. Enough to want to take up a cause

Option A: no sex or conversation
Option B: no sex but you get to talk to someone that pretends to love you.

Pretty easy choice.

thats the lie of technology. it seems like we are closer than ever but we are really farther apart. one can get attached to anything. it doesn't mean such love is not real. it's just misplaced and ultimately unhealthy.

The way he suddenly grasps the gun it looks like he's thinking "I'm going to murder the SHIT out of Luv"

That's literally the whole point if blade runner you moron

Nah that was his moment of "I'm done fucking around time to make a difference". Next scene he rescues Deckard. It's not that hard to read main scenes user.

then looks like i understand the meaning of the movie. good for me.

i thought he was going to kill himself from sadness at that moment

Can't understand what are you guys talking about. So much important information should be in the product specification.

She was programmed therefore she can't feel nothing.

Both. But his realizing that she was just programmed to be able to love to that extent created a storm of emotions and identity crisis. If you loved another, even if she was simply programmed to do so, would it matter? And how did that reflect on his own synthetic nature?

It wasn't simple "tfw no gf" heartbreak like the teenage weeb veiwers say, there was a complex confrontation there.

So why did Luv kissed K?

that kiss was so hot, i wished they just fucked before both died

Yeah it was her program, but if he loves her back, does it really matter?

She didn't love him.

RIP in peace

I don't even need a hologram, I just want a cute semi-intelligent anime girl to live on my desktop and talk to me.

>men would go insane without physical interaction
haha yea they would probably h-haha

this
each joi acquires unique attributes

sex is actually overrated and mostly mechanical

These wojacks are getting way to abstract. Starting to make me feel really uncomfortable.

>men
*normies

Kiss of death. Another way to dominate victory over him

it was trying to project the emptiness that a woman's love is

She's emulating Wallace when he kisses the newly born replicant after cutting her open.

that he is in fact special and can choose for himself what he wants (aka save deckard)

I saw it as the complete opposite. His love was a manufactured product and he saw himself in that. His entire life was manufactured.

youre right it was manufactured. thats why he relaized he was guna be special like his joi said. like even the replicants were trying to control him. he realized that joi was only one who believed in him and he was actually special cuz he could choose his destinty ( helping deckard)

She fucked millions

Why are you typing like that? Are you being sarcastic?

Who is that semen demon?

like what?

I really like this scene. Gosling is a great actor.

this is one of my fav scenes. you feel his pain and suffering

Yeah. I especially liked it when Ryan Gosling made this expressive face :|

>not knowing little miss bliss

>what are real dolls

I was not prepared for these feels lads

He asked himself if he really was a good Joe

you completely misunderstood the movie and probably have sub 100 iq

Why you gotta bully me like that

I don't know what I woudln't do for a JOI. It seems like a dream.

/thread

He realized the most meaningful relationship in his life was with a corporate product designed to simulate attachment and love. Everything about their relationship was artificial, simply the result of her programming, right down to the name she chooses for him.
With the realization his own existence is as meaningless and hollow as the program in front of him, he decides to truly make a difference by sacrificing himself in order to reunite a father with his daughter.

Even if his partner was just a pure simulation that had no choice but to "love" him, what matters are his feelings towards her anyway.

literally this

So are replicants, and yet K and his emotions were as real as any human beings.

mass produce synthetic reality. He was living a lie the whole time to kill the pain of the black pill.

They got her eyes wrong

Replicants are basically just manufactured physically humans with less memories, though. The extent of Joi's individuality and actual capacity to think is left purposefully very vague, I personally feel like she's fundamentally much more simple than a replicant, all she does is love unconditionally. Can you really say that the love a dog feels for its master is the same as the love between man and woman, or parent and child?

Human beings are just meat computers, yet our feelings are still considered real, the only difference is that our initial programming comes from genes instead of a settings menu, an AI can become just as much of an individual as a human by learning and growing from exposure to its environment.

How jaded do you have to be to watch a movie about robots more human than people and come away from it thinking being artificial makes you fake?

He understood that the Joi he knew was dead, there was no going back. The scene is literally played back to back with Deckard being offered a copy if his dead robowaif. So he decided to live for someone who still had something to live for.

>Can you really say that the love a dog feels for its master is the same as the love between man and woman, or parent and child?
dog is bad example since in some instances is the purest form since it lacks the complications of a human. Which in turn poses the question, is Joi love the purest form even though it would be the byproduct of lines of code?
The fact that she pushes him beyond his comfort zone just by pointing out how special he was for her may be a good reason to think so. And no, her love is not less just because there are other models doing that with their owners/users.

>tfw this scene hit really hard because of all the cheesy ASMR videos I watch every night

are any of these girls actually good or simply because they actually do it?

>dog is bad example since in some instances is the purest form since it lacks the complications of a human
It's only "pure" from the perspective of a human. You can treat a dog like absolute shit, and it will still come back to you, tail wagging, because it has no real capacity for choice.

It's fundamentally the same with Joi. Can love truly exist without choice? She is designed to love, and it doesn't matter what you want, she'll fulfil that role for you. She doesn't say no, she doesn't get angry and leave, she's subservient in every way.

She isn't really pushing him beyond his comfort zone. It's not like he's about to give up on the case and reject the whole thing, his character growth comes entirely from within. Joi just encourages, and acts positive.

Her love is less because it isn't real. Even if there were only one Joi, she would still be a fake. The audience is lead into the delusion that Joi is capable of love the same way K allows himself to be swept up in more than his fantasy home life as the movie progresses, but the OP scene is meant as a reminder for the audience, and crash to reality for K.

I legitimately don't understand what you mean by that

Nine years without a woman so far

Joi was programmed to love K, but her personality grew and changed to a level of uniqueness that was singular to her and her experiences with K. Like a say a mother who is biologically programmed to love her child or a man who has been biologically programmed to desire the opposite sex for procreation, homosexuality is aberrant Joi came with this programming which over time became her own emotions, like a seed growing into a tree.

i figure it's niche now, so anybody doing can seem "good" kinda like ronda rousey did at first for female fighters.
like is there a real distinction good and great yet?

at that moment he realized she was an instrument of control that kept him docile

This is what roasties actually believe. In the mind of a woman, she fundamentally knows that her only value to a man is her holes.

I knew some fedora would post some shit like this

How was Joi being projected outside of his apartment?

In my opinion, yes. Some girls put in more effort and have more relaxing voices than others

Not really. One of the most offputting things about the movie is how bad of an actor her was. He was either stone faced or over acting. There were no genuine moments in the whole film.

He realized that jack off instructions are entirely reliant the will of the viewer to follow the instructions. His instructor might deliver the instructions, but they can only be made manifest by his will alone.

>her personality grew and changed to a level of uniqueness that was singular to her and her experiences with K
Sure, in the same way that any "lived in" space will become unique even in a world of identical apartment designs. People paint the walls, they hang paintings, they move furniture, and every one is "unique".

Joi's emotions were fake, constructed entirely to be the perfect girl for whoever her master is. This is shown punishingly when the ad model Joi tells K he'd make a "good Joe".

There is no advancement. Joi is little more than a furby, pre-designed pathways activated the more you play with her. Her emotions at the start of the movie are fundamentally unchanged from those at the end of it.

I think that is the character user, likewise he wasn't stonefaced around Joi.

He's playing a stunted artificial man, most of his performance is perfect for the role. There's nothing wrong with an autist playing an autist, it adds to the believability.

Only brainlets bother themselves with the question of whether JOI loved K. True intellectuals ponder the questions of whether K loved JOI