Re/co/mmendation thread

Re/co/mmendation thread

Other urls found in this thread:

comraderecs.tumblr.com/page/1
reddit.com/r/comicbooks/comments/3eyqoo/discussion_og_cosmic_marvel_reading_order/ctjpxqe/
comraderecs.tumblr.com/
thepropertyofhate.com/TPoH/The Hook/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sorry this is vague but

Cosmic Marvel recommendations?

Dude... were the responses in your earlier thread not specific enough?

Go grab Annihilation, Annihilation: Conquest, and the Thanos Imperative. That'll get you started.

FIX THE TUMBLR PAGE RETARD

HALF THE LINKS ARE 404

Lobo recommendations?

comraderecs.tumblr.com/page/1
here's all you need

Read DnA Cosmic Marvel as per image.

Actually, the Lobo recommendations are basically just "everything from the 90s" because he was pretty consistent back then.

And if you want more Cosmic Marvel after this then read Jim Starlin's stuff. Up to Infinity Gauntlet is covered as per image but theirs more after that.

A reddit user put together a detailed reading order:

reddit.com/r/comicbooks/comments/3eyqoo/discussion_og_cosmic_marvel_reading_order/ctjpxqe/

It's slightly out of date now. The remaining Infinity Watch issues have since been collected.

Does anybody have the wrestling comics rec list? I only ask because I feel that it needs updating with some cartoon stuff: Ric Flair in Uncle Grandpa, Rowdy Roddy Piper in Green Lantern: Emerald Knights and Adventure Time, Mick Foley in ATLA, Sgt Slaughter in GI Joe: The Movie, and the simple fact that BONESAW IS READY

That, and I suspect that not all of the funny animal comics in that list are actually that good.

As with most of the lists I've posted itt, this needs a fair amount of updating; Bobby London's run on Popeye, for one thing.

Anyone got the gay comic rec list someone put together last year? I forgot to save the image.

more than 2 years without update
comraderecs.tumblr.com/

I recommend the Warlord comics from DC. Great stuff. Old style comics. Great if you liked John Carter or Conan or any of the old "right over might- with helping of might!" comic books. Of course the FCBD sales are behind us, now.

thepropertyofhate.com/TPoH/The Hook/
not many people here read this and i think theyre missing out
art starts out a little bit funny but quickly improves
still ongoing, doesnt really have a clear plot, but the characters, art, and generwal design definitely make up for it in my book

I really don't understand why any of you still try with this. You know full well the board is infested with casuals and movie-fags. Nobody is actually going to read any of these books, so there's simply no point.

Trust me, I get that you're trying to encourage people to read more stuff, but history has shown that just isn't gonna happen.

Why bother? Recs are a complete waste of time.

consider killing yourself

I want a marvel comic, most likely recent and without having to read 100 years worth of material to be caught up with the plot of it, with cute girls in it

Consider answering the question.

Recs do not get people to read comics. In fact, nothing ever succeeds in bringing in new readers. Thus, recommendations are a waste of time.

Why do you bother regardless of the futility of your efforts?

Why are you so concerned about other people who aren't you giving recommendations?

Because recs are one of the root causes of Sup Forums's decline.

Now answer my question. Why do you still give recs even though they are pointless.

They aren't pointless just because you say they are. Fuck off.

I've been collecting rec images for years and, slowly, I'm working my way through them. There's nothing wrong with it.
If you're concerned about casuals and people only accessing Sup Forums stuff through the movies then why hate on something that's actively there to help people access the wider material

I can't answer the question because I'm not the one you were talking to.

They are pointless because history has taught us that no force on earth or heaven will ever get the causal consumer to take a greater interest in comic books. Superhero movies are huge right now, yet this hasn't effected sales in the slightest. Nobody but us bunch of sad nerds give a flying rat's ass about comics.

So why do you continue to give out recs?

Even if recs weren't influencing people who don't read comics yet these threads are worth it just for those of us who do love comics already. Even for non-casuals the amount of different stories can be overwhelming so it helps to have concise lists for trying new things

Is there a Sup Forums recommendation chart for non superheroes comics?

redit thread... go fuck yourselves with these retarded images.

So essentially, it's for the purpose of circlejerking.

Every time I try to be open minded about recs, I find an entirely new type of cancer they breed.

You haven't once tried being 'open minded' , don't lie.

I am genuinely trying to understand why recs are a thing despite making no logical sense. And all I have been met with is overly defensive cries of "Go fuck yourself!".

Honestly, I get the basic idea, that you would like to introduce others to comics you like, and that this will, in theory, foster more substantial discussion. The problem is this simply does not work, nobody works their way down the rec lists, nobody actually goes and seeks out the book you just pointed them to, and Sup Forums itself is proof of that.

If I wasn't being open minded, I would be way more hostile about this instead of merely asking. So in the interest of you getting me to shut up, and for some friends of mine to stop hating me, please, just explain to me why you keep making recommendations. Is it really just a circlejerk thing, are you all a bunch of wannabe Blue Lanterns?

Anyone with a functioning brain knows the purpose of these threads. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

>Recs do not get people to read comics

I've read a bunch of comics from Sup Forums charts

Not sure if you only wanted comics or not. Haven't found an opportunity to post this in quite some time so here you go either way.

While it wasn't rec-threads that got me into comics some years back, they certainly are a godsend once you've just gotten started and have no clue what to try next. Still use them to some degree even now and their usefulness is what motivated me to make pic related.

It's not a circlejerk at all

and this user is right

Sup Forums charts are garbage made by people that don't read comics. No joke, they wikipedia a certain character and then put the issues they appear on in a chart even if said issue is just a cameo. Also, these charts encourage characterfaggotry.

This had some unnecessary filler:

KFP3
Sausage Party
Beowulf
Rise of the Guardians
The Princess and the Goblin
Most of the Justice League-related filler
Valiant (fucking why is this here?)
Hoodwinked (low quality bait)
Despicable Me
Brother Bear
Mr Peabody and Sherman
The Simpsons Movie
Surf's Up
Planet Hulk
Anastasia

That's a few rows you'd be better off without. They don't contribute anything novel or unique to their respective art forms, or were unsalvageably badly written.

anyone here a fan of grendel? Is it worth shelling out $40 AUD on the first omnibus?