WAIT

WAIT
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 takes place 3 months after the first movie....

But we hear Stan Lee describe how he was a Fed Ex driver as seen in civil war but civil war didnt happen yet... am I missing something?

Non-linear timeline?

Stan Lee was in the First Avenger, so he clearly has time travel abilities

Or he's immortal

The only chronological foundation we have of Guardians is that it's after Thor 2 we don't really know how far after it is.

The only thing in the first film that would point to it taking place before Civil War was that Peter Quill left Earth in 1988 and the present is "26 years later". This is only conveyed through on-screen text though, so it could easily have been retconned.

Space-Months aren't the same length as Earth-Months, you clod.

Vol. 2 opens in 1980 then cuts to "34 years later" so it's still 2014

Maybe his first appearance as a fed ex employee wasn't his first day as a fed ex employee. Are we sure that all the Stans are the same person?

Is Stan Lee Uatu or just a random watcher?

>Are we sure that all the Stans are the same person?
This is a good question considering he fucking died in Incredible Hulk.

Don't try to find logic in these movies, just turn your brain off bro

He didn't die, just got hospitalized

He's referring to his Fantastic Four cameo.

Maybe that Stan Lee scene happened way after the events of GotG2.

No, in F4 he was the Baxter Building's mailmain, Willie.

They refer to him by name.

it happens during the events, when Rocket and Yondu are doing the 700 jumps. At best, the jumps go through time and space.

>Are we sure that all the Stans are the same person?
Considering that he was in Xandar in the first GotG, I think it's unlikely UNLESS he has special powers.

If they had any sense or balls about them they would have made reference to his cameo in F4 or Spider-Man or Daredevil or something just to watch the internet fucking implode over whether or not those films count as MCU or not.

They could have just sat back and basked in the glow of monumental levels of free advertising in the form of thousands of youtube videos, "news" articles and autistic arguments on websites such as this for the next fucking decade.

Maybe he worked for FedEx, left to debrief with the other Watchers, then went back to FedEx and a few years later ran into Tony Stank. Either that or he experiences time non-linearly.

Time is relative.

No, really, its relative, so they're probably experiencing 3 months while Earth experienced 3 years.

But when Thor left Earth in AoU he referenced the events of GotG
How the Mind Stone was the fourth Reality stone to appear recently

He clearly wasn't a watcher, the watchers were standing around him and stan was obviously not the same species as they were.

He's credited as "Watcher Informant", I think.

Dude's definitely something other than baseline human.

Can't Watchers change their form or how they're perceived? I feel like they can, but I might be talking shit.