I never understood the "problem" of piracy. It isn't actual theft. I can't afford to buy this shit...

I never understood the "problem" of piracy. It isn't actual theft. I can't afford to buy this shit. I'd never actually buy it if I had the money.

How is that harming the film industry again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i8ju_10NkGY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's not but Jews gonna Jew.

The entitlement that comes with assuming you deserve something even if you don't believe you are stealing it. You don't deserve anything. Grow up.

Because you are a brainlet. Other people who can afford it don't do it because they pirate it

i don't get it either honestly.

i mean they wanna say "hey a lot of people worked really hard on this and if you pirate your gonna take their hard earned money away :( :(" but they already got paid

the only way i can think of is that pirating prevents studios from making their money back to give back to their investors and to put in their back pocket as well

so like the guy above me said, jews gonna jew

>hey there's something I want for free
>I'm not hurting anyone or stealing anything
>Nah I'm not gonna take it, I don't deserve to have this

Wow. If there is anyone out there that actually thinks like that, they should not be breeding. That is completely insane.

>something doesn't happen to Me
>I don't understand it Bawww

The money doesn't actually go anywhere, Disney could release 100 films in a year and not come close to being bankrupt. It's just sitting there getting bigger and bigger.

You realise that intellectual property makes films and other media a lot more expensive, right? It's their fault that it gets stolen because they put it way above its natural price.

Because they're working on assumed profits, not real profit.
They go 'you would've watched it and it's sequel, then sell your car to buy action figures and whore your wife out, so she can tell people about the awesome movie you recently saw, while earning money for going to the cinema and later on buying the original release, the re-release, the directors cut and the ultimate franchise box of said movie.' and suddenly piracy has cost them billions upon billions of dollars.

>get into piracy for free media
>I've spent over $300 on storage
>$13 a month for VPN

Are you people really autistic enough to not understand this?
It's incentive to have the producer make another of that product. Your purchase of the item tells the creator "I want more of this". If you pirate it, you're telling the creator that it wasn't worth paying for, and so there is a VERY slightly smaller incentive to make another movie. This very small disincentive builds up as more and more leeches pirate, to the point where it is not so slight anymore.

I'm not going to go into the moral arguments, because you people don't understand concepts like shame or honor, but for your own self-interest, you should purchase things when you can, so that you may get more of that thing. It's pretty simple.

In the past when someone saw something that interested them it sparked their passion to work towards obtaining it. Oh you wanna see Blade Runner? Now you have to find a shitty job and work to be able to see it. That's the psychologically healthy way of obtaining rewards.

You sound like selfish people so think of it from a selfish standpoint. You're harming yourself by just giving yourself free shit instead of actually working for it.

I don't think pirating is a bad thing to do in certain situations though. Like if a company deals in shady practices that you don't want to support but their product is something you want.

If only you could pirate hard drives amirite

>Your purchase of the item tells the creator "I want more of this"
No it doesn't, it goes into some Jew's pocket and tells them that you're a good shabbos goy.

Raping child actresses is a shady business and I won't give Hollywood a cent until they stop it.

i wont pay jews to watch females and niggers be the lead in movies lol

So you definitely don't pirate indie movies or games then right?

I'm talking about in a healthy relationship between creator and consumer. The platonic form of it. In the case of Disney, you are probably correct.

In the case of actual decent developers like CD Project Red, it is imperative to support them, however.

Right, hipsters have never made anything of value anyway.

>you're telling the creator that it wasn't worth paying for
it's not though. intellectual property rights balloon the price for books, movies, music, video-games, lots of shit.

How would i know if its worth paying for if i havnt seen it? Am i entitled to a refund if the trailer looks really good but the movie is utter garbage

Neither have you.

>deserve
Such a laughably simple minded chap you are

>how would I know if the foods worth paying for if I haven't eaten it
lmao

So?

I rest my case. Asshole.

i know, i tried to convince yer mum to get an abortion but she wouldn't hear of it

Those are simply the costs of producing movies in this country, and most of the world.
And as much as I dislike Disney having the rights to Star Wars, would you instead have it such that every studio is allowed to use anyone's IPs? What would canon be for near-any series in that case? There would be hundreds of Harry Potter movies then, and nearly all of them would be bad.

I don't know, but I do know i am not ethically or morally responsible towards businesses outside of my country when it comes to spending money on goods unrelated to survival (material resources). I'm only responsible towards local ones.

Giving money to Hollywood doesn't help my people or myself in any way since there's more of an export rather than import when it comes to digital entertainment, and leaving more money to my people actually directly benefits me due to local development and taxes and ensuring that the people who would actually protect me in the even of a war have money instead of foreginers who don't give a fuck about me.

I rest my asshole. On your face.

No if I rest my face on your asshole.

This is the first argument for piracy ITT that makes sense

Sounds like you're justifying piracy.

Pirate a film > I like it > I buy it on bluray or whatever for future use, plus I want more of the same product please

Pirate a film > I don't like it > thank Christ I didn't give them money for a shit product

Watch a film > I don't like it > Let your friends know that it's not worth seeing, make a review about it online, piss in your cup during the movie and throw it around the theatre when everyone leaves

Your argument is flawed

By that logic every book should have online release for free for every one. Every movie, every video game, every song. And people shouldn't pay for that, because they not actually consume anything, so its ok for them to take as much as they want, right?
Are you degenerate? You parents drop you when you were child?
I hope that this is a bait, honestly.

>What's wrong with stealing this Audi? I couldn't afford it anyway

t. White nigger

>And as much as I dislike Disney having the rights to Star Wars, would you instead have it such that every studio is allowed to use anyone's IPs?
Of course. Anyone can do Shakespeare but it's only who do it well that will be noticed.

>Those are simply the costs of producing movies in this country, and most of the world.
Well, yeah. They've spent more because they could.

t. cuckold

Pirating something first, then paying for it afterwards is a sight better than what OP proposed, user. These leeches are not arguing for selective purchasing, however, but partaking in other's creation without payment, ever. Even if they loved it.

*steals your meme and reposts it on reddit, gets thousands of upboats with no effort*
That's what piracy is.

Hey how about this, I pirate because I don't give a fuck. I've got money and the amount I have keeps growing because I don't spend it on stupid things like movies or video games. I could not care less if a sequel to something isn't made, or if a massive company goes bankrupt because I didn't give them $20

You can moralfag all you want but I'm cumming to 1080p 60fps JAV videos I've never paid for and there's nothing you can do to stop me

The copyrights should be a lot less. For example, after one year anyone should be able to sell a book. Or anyone 2/3 weeks after release should be able to screen a movie in their cinema. This way media is a lot less expensive.

Why should I care if a white actress kisses a nigger? Does she belong to me even though I've never met her and never will?

I can understand piracy. I pirate stuff.
I really don't understand people that are self righteous about it.
People that think piracy is morally justifiable are fucking delusional.
You're doing a selfish thing. It's not that bad, but it would be terrible if everyone did it.

I fail to see how the fact that ive lived an unremarkable life relates to the fact that indy shitters have produced nothing worth pirating, please explain the connection

Unironically this.

>Why should I care if a white actress kisses a nigger? Does she belong to me even though I've never met her and never will?

One week isn't enough. Maybe 1 year.

No, two weeks in the cinema. Then when it goes to TV, DVD make it so it's a month where you have to pay the studio again if you want to use it.

The connection is that you're a retard who scratches the surface level of indie games / movies and deems that literally all of it's bad.
You said you won't give money to hollywood and when challenged about pirating other things you backpedalled and said "b-but they don't make anything good anyway!"

Give me my (you) you cowardly faggot. I fail to see what the problem is if I'm not being personally cuckolded.

Studios would go bankrupt like this.

Oh no what a shame!

I don't think it would work out the way you're thinking. What would be canon? You'd have a hundred and five different endings to a story, none of which anyone could agree on.
As it stands, we all agree that Luke Skywalker defeated the Emperor with the help of his father, who died on the Death Star as it exploded, redeemed back to the light side. But that's only because we all watched the same movie, and as a society have integrated this story and its assumptions into our understanding of Star Wars. If we're going to have beloved series that we are familiar with, we have to have similar understandings, as well.
What would have happened if thirty different studios, after A New Hope, had each made a shitty sequel, with three of them being good, and going down different rabbit holes? We wouldn't have the same understandings, and so be able to discuss it with one another, or enjoy it like we do today.

It would be a jumbled mess. And overall enjoyment, I posit, would decrease, as each movie becomes a self-contained thing, rather than just one story in a larger narrative.

But that's just a theory.

>Studios would go bankrupt like this.
No, they'd just cut costs. They'd probably have to stop making retarded fuckery like superhero movies but oh well.

>They'd probably have to stop making the single biggest cash cow in the film industry but oh well
Really makes me think

god this board is stupid

She belongs to your group (if you're white), you cuck. And it projects a message to the rest of the females of your group that it is okay.

And focus on actual art.

That is some dumb bullshit from poorfag, that wants to enjoy stuff he can't afford.

I wouldnt give money to Hollywood because the industry is fucked and indy shitters dont get my money either because they have yet to produce anything of value, how is that concept even remotely related to me not producing anything of value? It seems to me like you are asshurt as hell for some reason and want an excuse to express your asshurt even if it doesn't make sense

I have no compunction about pirating it, just think tradmarks, copyrights and patents are a sham.

I hope they lose money and go bankrupt. Hollywood was a mistake.

I share nothing with a person just because their white you collectivist retard. If you're fucking a girl weak minded enough to date a nigger because she saw it in a movie that's on you.

You sound like a communist.

If you're poor you shouldn't have things. Otherwise you have less impetus to wageslave 10 hours a day 6 days a week. It's not hard you stupid goy.

>you don't deserve a anything
>content creators deserve your mone

Sup Forums is basically just a bunch of tasteless edgy manchildren that don't really give a fuck about anything

I'm not the one who said I rest my case but I was the one who said . It was just a response because you barely said anything

Hollywood can burn but you're really showing how much of a pleb you are by repeating small budget products are ALL bad. I don't even know what to say that's just so fucking false.
Do you enjoy anything? If you hate big budget things like hollywood and hate small time products what do you like? Why are you pirating anything if everything is shit.

yeah they're a pretty cool guy

/thread

If I go to a restaurant and the food is absolute garbage I can asure you that I won't fucking pay for it.

>It isn't actual theft

It's still theft. The main problem with any sort of piracy issues is the two sides always taken everything to extremes. One side saying they would never watch/pay for anything so the loss in profit is zero the other says every download is full retail loss. Clearly both are total bullshit.
but in the middle lies the simple truth that while you might not pay for it others would and those people pirate something it does result in a loss of a sale.

The other HUGE issues is studios/companies have been acting like every tech jump will kill their over all market. Cassette tapes will kill record sales, data tape, MD and so on. Always looking to cock block in the name of limiting piracy and it just drives people to do it more.
>I can't watch an AMC show online streaming with some ads
>I just down load their show with no ads
>If I could just watch it with ads streaming, I would..

Okay these I can understand. Pirating but not trying to justify it to others like you're some robin hood type moral crusader.

I live in a third world country where the average monthly wage is $300, and the typical online media distribution service is either unavailable or several orders of magnitude more expensive than in the first world, which means the distributors can get fucked for all I care.

Let's take Game of Thrones as a mainstream example, if I wanted to watch it as it airs, I'd have to get a local cable company's TV package which is $60 monthly minimum, and get the HBO addon for $20 monthly and then I can pay a $5 monthly fee for the HBO Go app to watch the show at 3AM in glorious 480p since that's what it's capped to. Oh wait I can't do that either because the cable company only operates in a few cities and mine's not one of them.

Same with Spotify, Netflix, etc, I used to use them with a VPN before they cracked down on the practice, I'd have no problems paying $10 a month for Spotify if they let me, or $12 a month for Netflix if they actually had a library worth watching in my country. I just assume they don't want my money so I don't give it to them.

Annnnnd there it is
I'm not surprised you wouldn't pay for it because you're a literal child

>communist
Disliking copyrights etc is a free market, Libertarian idea.

>What would be canon?
Whatever the fans want. Terrifying thought, right? We should definitely allow the Jews to be in charge and give them all the shekels instead and then when they die we should give all the shekels to their children or the company they own, to save canon. It's just what's right.

Seriously though, you sound like you have autism. It would be brilliant if there were 30 sequels to Star Wars filling in different niches.

>groups of people
>in a fandom
>ever coming to a consensus of anything when there are multiple options
That's not terrifying that's just a retarded thing to say.

Are you aware that make a feature film costs millions of dollars?

>several orders of magnitude more expensive
So netflix is like $800/month? Wow.

I'm not talking about voting democracies on "The Definitive Star Wars" you pleb, I'm saying whoever watches them can decide for themselves what they accept as "true", which is a very autistic thing to believe about fiction anyway, frankly I don't even understand why anyone would care about that, never mind enough to use it as an argument against IP reform.

Yes? What does that have to do within anything?

I dont give a fuck anything you just posted i asked what me not producing anything of value has to do with anything. "its just a response"? So youre just spouting random bullshit for no reason?

Pirates gonna pirate, because the bottom line is that paying nothing for something is always better than paying anything for it, and they'll use all kinds of mental gymnastics to justify it morally.

ITT: Millenials who don't understand copyright laws and IPs.

>justify
nigga i dont have to justify SHIT
i pirate because its convenient and i dont want to spend my money

I'm sure (((they))) would love it if we did that, but why should we?

>Your argument is flawed
Doesn't look like it to me, Schlomo

>If you pirate it, you're telling the creator that it wasn't worth paying for
Then how come the most pirated movies are those that are the most popular?

youtube.com/watch?v=i8ju_10NkGY

Disney just bought a part of 20th century fox for 40 billion or something. I think they'll be fine

Do you have autism? I explained how that exchange happened but I'll do it again for you.

>Raping child actresses is a shady business and I won't give Hollywood a cent until they stop it.
>So you definitely don't pirate indie movies or games then right?
>Right, hipsters have never made anything of value anyway.
>Neither have you.

You'd be surprised how many braindead 30+, 40+ cunts there are here as well.

You didn't say anything here. I'm sure the jews at disney fucking hate all of the reviewers who have one thing negative to say about their SoyWars and they can't do a thing to stop it. It harms their future shekel earning potential

>everything I don't like is a (((Jewish))) conspiracy

>Pirate a film > I like it > I buy it on bluray or whatever for future use, plus I want more of the same product please
>Pirate a film > I don't like it > thank Christ I didn't give them money for a shit product
The only correct way to consume medias.

Proportionally, it'd be like if it were $200 in the USA, around 1/20th of a salary.

Why even bother arguing with him?

>shill can't answer even a basic argument

No, i havnt, but so what? what does that have to do with anything? How can you be this desperate to avoid answering a simple question? Now you have two questions to answer. I can already guess that you wont answer even the 1st one in your next post let alone the second

Well you see user. All modern hollywood gets attention from me for is whenever it once again pisses me off and does more awful content.

So I hate all their new products. I cant pay for shit i fucking hate.
But since these fucks force their movies everywhere, i need to see highlights to know what people are talking about.

TL;DR movies and gameshit / music isnt worth money but is worth 5 minutes of pirating. Do not feed the people who create content you DO NOT like. They´re just rich assholes, dont feed a rich asshole

the correct way to consume films & tv shows is once