Be honest now:

Be honest now:
Is it as good as you expected it to be?

The first three episodes were great.

After that it's going downhill. I would wait for the season to end to see where it ends, but for now it's not that good.

Absolutely.

its better then I thought it would end up being my only issue is that gennedy insist on wrapping everything up in one season with 10 episodes.

More or less, yeah. Really no worse than the original 4 seasons. Just thought there'd be more of the Scotsman and Aku, that's all.

>Is it as good as you expected it to be?
literally yes. It's as good as I expected. Not better, not worst.

and I am happy with that.

It's funny, in a way, this is both Season 5 strength and weakness: Season 5 is a season from a Samurai Jack show.

It's going exactly as I thought, aside from the Scotmans death before seeing jack. Ashi is the last portal.

For the first three episodes it was.

Now? I don't mind the humor, Jack has always had it, I hate that the plot is being rushed and is not well developed, and wasting time with episodes we didn't need to have. It seems like it's going to have the same problem Gravity Falls had.

At this point, yes, I am really satisfied with the new season. I really want to see the finale for a final verdict.

First 3 episodes were GOAT. 4 and 5 were good. Everything after that has been lukewarm. Ghost Horseman was a let down, Ghost jack was a let down, there were 2 episodes dedicated completely to fan service.

Hopefully the next 2 episodes will salvage it.

Yes.
It's all I wanted it to be, and more.

Yep.

I expected it to be great and it has been great. Not flawless, but great.

The pacing is the only bad thing so far, but overall yeah.

alittle bit janky in places but its a solid marathon re-watch for me

Yes

Samurai Jack has always been about pulling random shit out of your ass for an episode

You don't know what you want if you didn't think the last episode was Gennedy's biggest kek

Episode 5 was pretty meh

The rest were great

No.

First three episodes were god-tier.

After that it's been nothing but a slow spiral to disappointment and mediocrity.

The 4 first episodes were far better than i expected, it was some hall of fame stuff, to be remembered for decades.
The following chapters were weaker, but closer to the original series and my expectations.

So far so good to me

First three Episodes
10/10
The rest of the season
6/10

It's alright, but I'm not as hyped as I was weeks ago and I've been bored with it. The finale might make up for it, but I'm not holding my breath.

It is different from what I expected, much different. I didn't expect any redemption for the daughters, in fact, I expected them to be a much more recurrent group of foes.
I also expected Jack's badass new equipment to last much longer, as well as his use of guns.
I also expected to see him fight more sentient aliens.
I also imagined he'd be alone most of the time and that the characters from the previous seasons would appear all along the season in small cameos instead of having them all into just one.

However, despite this season defying all my expectations, I must say I'm quite enjoying it.
I do have some problems with the pacing as pretty much everyone else; some key scenes can barely be savored. However, the plot is solid, the characters are likable, the dilemmas are interesting and I am much more invested in Jack as a character than I used to be. He's gone from one of my childhood heroes into one of my adulthood heroes. So, I'd say that yes, it is really good; one of the best pieces of animated entertainment I've seen in years.

Yes fuck all of you lol the whole season is good some people are just nitpicking tryhard a who will bitch on everything literally "oh it's not dark anymore fuck this show" "oh there shipping jack and ashi fuck this show" "oh why is it rushed even though I'm too stupid to realize it's a 10 episode season duck this show" God I swear no one is ever pleased

>pacing

Your saying that about a series that put's Jack in a random location every episode

No. It's average at best, no idea why Sup Forums is creaming itself over this besides the fact that action cartoons are rare.

This is the only correct answer, of course.

(In fact, I continue to advocate for shutting down Sup Forums and "merging" with Sup Forums largely because of this.)

I like how the show's been so far. First three episodes were amazing, but while not being as good, the rest are still pretty enjoyable. Only real problem I have is Canon Jashi, but it's far from a deal breaker.

This
It's just as good as the originals, no better or worse.

It's a bit cliche, and it doesn't spend enough calm, quiet time to be like the original one besides the first three episodes.

>wow why does this feel rushed when they could have spent 10 episodes actually resolving the show rather than jamming some shitty faggot romantic forced as fuck rushed sub plot and cutting out the other actual good shit
Makes me think

Hey, guys! I didn't like yesterday's episode, but as soon as I heard Tumblr hated it, I I love it now!

The last two episodes have been really missing the mark super hard. I really don't like where this is going.

Its worse than i expected, its not as inspired as the last 4 seasons and the plot is just really becoming stupid as fuck at this point, theres a real lack of aku also

Anyone got a MEGA for the new episode?

Yeah - not very.

First three was 10/10 and met my expectations
Next 5 were 7~8/10 enjoyable but disappointing

First three eps were some of the best shit I've ever seen out of cartoons.
Rest is okay. The last ep should be a redeemer.

You need to watch more cartoons

Almost as good. I did think Jack and Ashi hooked up a bit too easily, but other than that I'm loving this show.

But I only saw the original SamJack last year so I'm not as nostalgia-blinded as most of Sup Forums.

If you're going to get cocky at least rec

What kind of retard creates expectations over everything?
I take what I can get.

It's been so much better than I ever could have hoped for in this Era of sjws and the evil heterosexual men

Aesthetic wise? Yes.
Story wise? Ehhh, just give me a final fight and we can call this a 7/10.

Started off well, but has quickly devolved into meme-worthy levels of bad.

Yes. It's not what I expected but that's even better. I love it.

if i get to see jack vs blue nigga next episode, the previous 8 become irrelevant and season 5 is 10/10

otherwise it's a wasted potential

First 3 episodes were great, and it's still good but I think it dropped in quality a little bit episode 4 and on.

Yes. There's been a couple of moments of "I wish they had done X instead," but probably more moments loving things I didn't expect or which were creatively executed.

I went in with no real expectations

The first few episodes were amazing

Then Ashi came along and derailed the fucking thing

The last few eps were mediocre as fuck and only serve to fuel Genndy's Japanese waifu fantasy's

it alright

They could have made it more edgy overall.
Episode 2 and 3 stick out like a sore thumb now, because the season turned out much tamer than it could have been.
I still liked it though.

no

If you literally cut out every frame with Ashi past her falling down the cliff, it'd be good.

Hell yes. I'm loving it. I do wish there were more episodes though. It would be the twist of the century if after episode 10 it went "next time.. on season 6..."

I just don't know how Genndy's going to cram all of this in 2 episodes

>>I just don't know how Genndy's going to cram all of this in 2 episodes
Simple he makes a Samurai Jack movie after 10 years with Ashi as the main protagonist

Episodes 5 and 6 were kind of weak but the rest are great.

No because I had no expectations at all,I didn't even expect there to be a continuation at all.But I'm enjoying it so far

>first few episodes
>then Ashi came along
So you mean the first episode where Ashi was named and she and the daughters were introduced? You can shitpost about it, but try and hide the fact that you haven't actually watched the show.

I think he means until the part where Ashi was supposed to die like her sisters yet didn't

Yeah, I've loved the whole thing

I don't think that would have been a problem if it wasn't for the 50 year gap thing. If it was just 'the next season,' it would have been fine. I understand why, but I really wish that people didn't think they had to 'make up' for a hiatus with some grand entry. Just give me the next episode. I don't care about the wait.

Yes it is
But from pure nostalgia I kind of wished it was continued the same way as the previous 4 seasons

Eto
Prosto
Ahuenno

It didn't follow your crappy fanfiction, I'm so sorry

A tiny bit rushed, but I expected it.

Other than that it's pretty much what I hoped for. I get the feeling that people had an idea of SJ as this kind of flawless masterpiece with every episode being the pinnacle cinematography, when the truth is that most episodes were equal to what season 5 is doing.

Also, just because we waited 12 years doesnt mean it took 12 years to make, so why everyone was expecting a flawless thing is beyond me.

I was expecting something much closer in tone and quality to the preseason teaser. I wouldn't feel so disappointed if the first three episodes and teaser had been in a similar tone to rest of season.

>Is it as good as you expected it to be?
it's even better

holy shit why did I not find this pic sooner ?

I expected nothing and I am still enjoying it. I'm sure there's a correlation to be drawn.

No it followed a teenage girl from deviantart's fanfiction lol

that teenage girl was genndy

Would Ahsi have the same effects as Jack if she were to time travel?

It's definitely as good as I expected it to be, even if it is very different.

It's not as good as I hoped it would be though. I wish they had done something else instead of the Ashi plot, no matter how funny it is.

Absolutely, jaded shits and cynics always complain about how a show used to be better toward the beginning of it's run near the end. Last episode was classic Jack and people who hated it gotta hold that L and realize that the show has always had silly episodes. Not every episode is Jack quietly stalking through an unknown land.

I'm sympathetic to people who thought the romance lacked enough prior episode buildup but judged on its own I honestly thought yesterday's episode was the best directed in the series.

It's better

That was when the show was episodic and wasn't trying to develop characters.

I don't want Classic Jack, that's the thing.

I've really enjoyed it.

It doesn't feel like the original Samurai Jack but it's still good.
The biggest reason I think is that the story moves very quickly. There haven't been any long quiet pauses that set the tone for a battle.
If they had, say, 15 episodes to work with instead of 10, it's be even better

Still love the show though

Yeah, I'm enjoying it. I'm not some "2deep" kind of person that expects the high octane good writing and moments and shit. First three episodes were great, but I'm enjoying the season so far. Can't wait to see how it ends.

This attitude is incredible to me, because this episode in particular was so clearly written thoughtfully with regards to women.

Ashi walks ahead of Jack in multiple shots. Ashi does the fighting while Jack plays the support role handling the device (and sometimes those roles swap around too). Ashi gets naked and that's funny and all, but then it switches around and actually Jack's essentially naked for far longer. That's just what I remember and I'll have to watch the episode again but the entire episode had an overwhelming sense of a guy who was super fucking aware of all the vaguely sexist writing pitfalls and skillfully avoided every single one.

You're not the first person I've seen with that sentiment and I'm baffled how Genndy's managed to trick you people into thinking he's all anti SJW and shit. The guy very clearly likes women.

This.

bretty much

well you can be anti SJW and still be for better social justice. I'm not saying that sort of nuance is common around here anymore but you might be assuming to much that anyone has been fooled when it could just be people happy that Gendy understands his point of view well enough not to make a mess out of it.

I think it's good but the ending is going to be terrible. The whole Jashi thing will be the thing that ruins the show because it'll cause him to not go to the past or something.

first four episodes were phenomenal

thoroughly disappointed with everything else afterwards

but who am I kidding, it'll probably get better with the last two.

SJW =/= wrtiing a cool female character

the main issue, even with the first three episodes, is that it's way too fast paced. Samurai Jack was never fast paced. It was always slow and took it's time. It took a lot of nice, beautifully drawn, breathers.

This show has always just been balls to the wall fast and it doesn't feel like Samurai Jack. And ever since Jack got his sword back it doesn't even look like Samurai Jack. He looks fucking weird. Like he stands out way too much against the backgrounds and other characters.

The show was clearly made with a distinctive artstyle in mind and they designed Nu-Jack and he blended in, but once the old Jack came back he just looked too out of place.

>is that it's way too fast paced
No, it isn't.

First three episodes far exceeded my expectations. Every episode since then has been dissapointing and worse than the last.

No.

I just don't get you people. Samurai Jack's been way more 'SJW' than say, Gravity Falls. And nobody calls Gravity Falls a triumph for heterosexual men or any of that bullshit.

Part of me is thinking it's the fact she got her clothes eaten off, which if true would be so embarrassingly immature. But what else did I expect from people that use terms like SJW unironically eh?

>The reaction guys are wearing the mook assassin cat shirts spelling out lewd
Absolute perfection

Sure you're looking into a bunch of small things. None of those bother me at all because they could just as easily be nothing. If they are ment to mean somethings thats pretty lame but if it goes no further than small nuances like this I dont give a give desu they arent that bad.

No I wish it didn't come back

Season 5 is a continuation of Classic Jack, so not sure what you're expecting.

This isn't live action where mistakes happen an they just throw it in, or where actors go against things. This is storyboarded and every decision and action is planned down to the line. Of course it was all deliberate. And what could possibly bother you about this? All it could mean is 'they are equals and they respect each other as equals' and that is somehow lame and objectionable rather than a sign of good drama.

People moan about SJWs when these are the real morons right here.

>not sure what you're expecting.

A good series finale that emphasizes the strengths of Samurai Jack without its episodic weaknesses.

I got half of that.

It's even better than I expected

But I still miss the fucking beard