Doctor Who General - /who/

Doctor Who General- /who/

Probably not The Doctor you were expecting edition.

Made by the previous show runner:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14698637
docs.google.com/document/d/1-vy1VoJge2TWjcqmwzBliSmhcB3OvyxROlD284MF7hk/edit?usp=drivesdk
archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/92133238/#q92133760
if-jesus-returns-kill-him-again.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=Rsa2hiE7Rgw&ab_channel=JCFProductions
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder that Gallifreyans are all problematic shitlords

pls

strawpoll.me/14698637
strawpoll.me/14698637
strawpoll.me/14698637
strawpoll.me/14698637
strawpoll.me/14698637
strawpoll.me/14698637

Why didn't the Testimony reunite him with Adric? Surely that would be just as tempting as Bill, right? Right? R-right?

Someone please put the first doctor adventurea on mega to help me forget the tuat firat doctor

I reeeeeeally thought that was gonna be Susan.

7/10

+ Great direction from Talalay, as per usual
+ Best of Murray Gold
+ Capaldi and Bradley kill it
+ Regeneration scene is Pure 12 and the final words are perfect
+ Kino introduction for Jodie

- Every "old fashioned" joke was out of place. Pure Moffat fuckery
- Character kino is nice, but not at the expense of a plot
- Gatiss was fine as The Captain, but was the subplot really needed?

It's decent, but there's also a lot of stuff dragging it down. Thankfully it was consistent throughout as opposed to Time of the Doctor which only really gets good in the final third.

The Christmas Invasion is one of the most overrated episodes imo

You want to forget the Bradley Doctor by... listening to the Bradley Doctor?

SHIT TRIPS 2.5 SUBMISSION

Doctor Who: Stalemate

The Doctor is a prisoner of her own Tardis; Gallifrey has no President and large chunks of the universe are disappearing without a trace. No one seems to be willing to make the next move; and the question lingers on: Does the universe need The Doctor?

docs.google.com/document/d/1-vy1VoJge2TWjcqmwzBliSmhcB3OvyxROlD284MF7hk/edit?usp=drivesdk

(any feedback or suggestions are appreciated)

I like to imagine that as obvious a thing it would be to do, it never ever occured to Moffat to do it, right up to the night of the premiere screening when Moffats sitting there watching the scene and he's like "........OH WAIT SUSAN FUCK"

Doctor CUTE

is matthew waterhouse into bondage?

please put blank lines between paragraphs and lines of dialogue, it's arguably unreadable in its current formatting

i cant help but smile every time i see a pic of jodie

No i want to forget all the dumbass jokes he made by listening to a (hopefully) better written Bradley Doctor

The slight glimpses of a good first Doctor was there with the scenes with him and 12 and that one scene with him and Bill. So i just want to see what he can be like without all the Moffatisms holding him back

The trippiest moment for me watching that episode was at the start when """"Ben"""" said "Alright, Doctor?"

For some reason, probably because they didn't even try to make that guy sound like Michael Craze, I thought that he was a stage hand or something and it was gonna pan out and reveal the set and it was gonna be David Bradley reprising his role as William Hartnell in some kind of ultra-meta mindbending Moffuck. Fuck, that would've been kino.

I still haven't seen anything from the last season but I saw the regeneration scene and Capaldi and his lines were magnificent.

do you mean like....

The Doctor walked out into the galaxy and tripped.
"ow" she said, rubbing her knee.
It was a very painful experience.

Or

The Doctor walked out into the galaxy and tripped.

"ow" she said, rubbing her knee.

It was a very painful experience.

Why did the Ben in the episode look like a lost Gallagher brother?

NEO

AN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT BULLSHIT REASON THEY USED FOR 14TH'S REGENERATION?

thanks.

Every paragraph where you start with an indent, put a blank line gap before it
when you write out back and forth dialogue one line at a time, do the same thing

>14ths
Fuck offerino

13th's. whatever.

So we've talked about how they already used a very similar plot point to this 'Testimony' thing in another episode not too long ago, right?
Except then I think it was established as much more clearly a bad thing, for some reason.

Ahh, i see what you mean now. To be fair the story has no dialogue early on. When you get to the middle it gets a little thinner and easy to read. I will fix that though. Thank you.

If you're talking about Capaldi, he's Twelve.

Which story are you talking about? Dark Water? Because in that instance, it was people's actual minds being exploited.

how many different extraction services are there that happen to a person when they die now? How do they prevent from clashing? Do they take turns?

How long ago did moffat forget that real people don't talk in poems?

Probably the most logical route as y'know... roaming history with ovaries would mean either whitewashing history or turning every episode into a 'Doctor shows the stupid men she stronger so they listen to her' excercise

If shes stuck in the modern era, she doesn't need to face those sticky issues which would make the writing more palatable.

So Clara was extracted by Testimony before the Doctor used the time scoop to extract her? That must've been a close one.

>How long ago did moffat forget that real people don't talk in poems?
Moffat writes dialogue properly. Brainlets like you are the ones talking wrong.

After she returned to gallifrey
otherwise she wouldn't have the memory of the doctor forgetting about her

>people don't talk in poems?
I bet you are also not in love with the daughter of your mortal enemies, while plotting to avenge your father's death at the hand of his brother.

Missy's afterlife got destroyed though. This one apparently isn't. I feel like this is kind of huge, huge alteration to the nature of the Doctor's world that was made sort of thoughtlessly. I expect all future writers to ignore it and I will do too.

>How long ago did moffat forget that real people don't talk in poems?
>talk in poems

>this is a dumb redditor's interpretation of Moffat's dialogue

What next, the science in Logopolis/Castrovalva is quantum physics level complex?

H-h-how do you know i'm not!?
You don't know me user!

>Oh, brilliant!
I thought I would start out not liking Jodie but she was pretty cute. Why didn't you guys tell me?

>What next, the science in Logopolis/Castrovalva is quantum physics level complex?
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Christopher Bidmead.

>wanderer unleashing a constant stream of butthurt since the special aired

Glorious.

t. trip hating user

>Nothing's sad till it's over. Then everything is
nobody talks like this

Meanwhile in old Glasgow Town...

>tfw listening to punk to fuel my rage
What are you listening to, /who/?

Yes they do. Are you blunt and literal all the time or what?

>5 days to 2018
>Not speaking in soliloquies

Eh, he kinda looks like him.

Nardole, hide the goods.

I bet Neo liked Twice Upon A Time.

Based Neo

>cuddle :3
based nardie

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/92133238/#q92133760
>Was kinda bored through most of it.
>Not much really happened.

Here lies Edge_Lord_Victorious

A RTDfag True

Imagine being bored during CAPALDI'S LAST EPISODE with THE FUCKING FIRST DOCTOR co-starring.

not enough splosions reee

Based Capaldi lookalike

if-jesus-returns-kill-him-again.com/

ITS REAL

I suspect that each person's opinion of TUAT will be very close to their opinion of Hell Bent.

I probably would have been bored if I wasn't pissed. Meh/10 is probably fair, I just have extra antipathy towards it due to my intense Hartnellfaggotry.

THE SECOND GREAT PLEB FILTER

Amazing. Moffat's final gift to us all.

But what about Cats? He is a raging Hartnellfag and ree'd about /who/'s dislike of the story. I'm assuming he was also the one to spam Sneed in the thread as a sort of "revenge" but tbf that could've been Neo too.

Thank fuck Steven Moffat will never, ever write another episode of Doctor Who.

It feels so good.

Bring on RTD-esque kino

>He is a raging Hartnellfag
Is he? I think I've heard him say before that the BASED WILES ERA stuff is all memes and he hasn't even seen much of it.

Boardie FILTH

I mean, this is true insofar as more explosions would have made it more interesting by ensuring there was SOMETHING going on. Could have also added some good writing, but yeah, even adding pretty lights would been an improvement.

When we discussed First Doctor being sexist old man with Neo on stream he said he was quite offended by this portrayal of the Doctor. I think he'll find pottery good but he'll be negative overall.

>implying chibnall isnt going to purge the last of rtd's smirking camp bullshit and we're not going to instead get a full return to dark-holmes esque mystery drama

No more shouty grill companions, no more terrible original alien designs with quirky "ebin" op abilities, no more catchphrase nonsense and over the top fast paced nonsense. Prepare for the diamond age, /who/

Who said it best?

> 9
Just before I go, Rose. I just want to say one thing. You were fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. And you know what? So was I!

> 10
I don't wanna go!

> 11
Hey...

> 12
Love hard. Run fast. Be kind. Doctor...I let you go.

8 did. "Physician Heal Thyself"

Not one person on Earth can possible unironically like Daleks Master Plan. Literally nothing happens for 12 episodes. Doctor just runs away from the Daleks for fucking 3 months.
It's slow, the direction is shit, there are no redeeming qualities.

>the direction is shit
Please tell us where you got the missing episode to judge that.

9 because he's actually saying something to his companion instead of just >talking to himself or monologuing about being the Doctor.

4 did *falls to death* "..."

youtube.com/watch?v=Rsa2hiE7Rgw&ab_channel=JCFProductions

I do
>Doctor just runs away from the Daleks for fucking 3 months.
What's not to love?

I'm just moving forward to this episode. Weird. I heard that it was a gloomy epic of galactic proportions and was very hyoed about this story.

Eleven's last words were "He's a-coming"

It is but also with some goofy Christmas/New Year's episodes in the middle.

It's like the polar opposite of The End of Time. Whereas EOT was a big all-guns blazing finale with all kinds of stuff happening, some of it kino like the Doctor-Wilf scenes and some of it embarrassingly shit like DINNERTIME, TUAT was nothing. No great bits, no awful ones, just nothing.

> tfw you didn't catch that 12 felt his kidneys when he was on the floor

I did because he did nothing but piss me off. Glad he is gone.

post-Moffat /who/ ranks Who when?

>just learnt that the christmas special was moffat's final episode

I might give the show another shot starting next season, I do miss tuning in each week.

>Oh, brilliant.
How long do you think it took Chibnall to come up with such a memorable first line for 13?

Jodie eating cup noodles. you are welcome

Dude she is hngggggh tier. The Doctor isnow my waifu.

waaaaa no story waaa it didn't have a nefarious villain or explosions so i just ignored everything else waaaa

its definitely her catchphrase

I'm planning one for January/February. Give /who/ some time to settle and make up its mind on everything.

put your trip back on, cats

if you didn't get that it was meant to be a funny anticlimax to the 20 seconds of spooky doctor's theme then you're too dense to even watch doctor who

i'm not cats but thanks for comparing me to the best trip
fucking hell people do not know what's good for them

>Oh, Berlin.
What did Jodie Doctor mean by this, Sup Forums?

Yorkshire is the greatest place in the galaxy

i'm glad we have yet another pleb filter accent to weed out people who don't pay attention

What DID it have? I've been shitposting here for like 12 hours and I still haven't said everything I hate about this episode, but I've yet to see someone go into any amount of detail about its supposed strengths.

I thought 11 was "I will always remember when the Doctor was me"

William Hatnell's method acting.

It was. 11 was god-tier.