This isn't a criticism. I'm not complaining. I just want to know why Jack's skin color and eye shape changed

This isn't a criticism. I'm not complaining. I just want to know why Jack's skin color and eye shape changed.

>MOM I POSTED IT AGAIN

His eyes are the same, he just doesn't have the black outline anymore. His skin was pale from wearing the armor for years.

>pale from wearing armor for years
that doesn't really make sense though...

People get pale when they aren't constantly exposed to sunlight. What's not to get

Yes it does.

He's old.

Someone would probably find an asian being literally yellow to be offensive, like coon/Sambo caricatures

Many Asian cultures historically valued paleness, because being yellowish/tan means you've been out in the sun like a fieldhand.
If Jack was going incognito for years in a suit of armor, he'd be pale

Because.

You know, I gave it some thought and the only reasonable explanation I have is that Samurai Jack is racist and Genndy is trying to imply chinks are pure while whites aren't

>because being yellowish/tan means you've been out in the sun like a fieldhand.
I think it was because they think western white men are attractive and therefore all the women want to be white for them

Basic redesign for whatever reason
pic related would have been better but it's ok the way it is

I prefer old Jack.

You know that Asian people aren't literally yellow, right?

Um, no. This was a value from before European colonialism, and probably based on the paleness of the moon.
In addition, there is a stereotype of european men being ugly and having large facial features.
So take your post back to tumblr.

50 years in an overpolluted shithole robbed him of his healthy tan and left him a pallid pink freak

I know Mexicans whiter than me because they never leave their house.

bottom looks infinitely better
Jack looks so weird now he feels like a different character

Because they realised japanese people have white skin

LMFAO

I feel as though the black outline around his eyes was to make his bearded design not look weird, but they aren't swapping back after he's become a fresh young samurai again.
Other complaints: kid Jack's forehead is now a sixhead, and Demongo's lava lamp hair bubbles aren't animated at all

Art style change. it's a cartoon, dummy

That's not how it works user

then what is this, user

You haven't left your house in years and just take a look at your skin

An error that usually lasted for a single shot at a time.

>an error
completely intentional, it lasted the entirety of his princess scenes

It's been 13 years. Of course there are discrepancies here and there.

Could have been intentional, but it could have been an error with that outfit as well. That sort of thing happens in Korean animation.

Because in the years since Samurai Jack's original run ended, it became racist to color asian characters with any tone of yellow. But it's also racist to color them anything but yellow.
Basically, you can't have any traits that are traditionally asian, because that's racist. But if you don't have a character who is explicitly asian, that's also racist. Do you understand?

>Its most likely this

a pinker jack may have worked better for the visuals they were shooting for, although it does seem a little odd

Yellow skin is a racist caricature

So they have to make characters a bit more ambiguous?

The original series constantly changed Jack's skin tone depending on the rest of the scene. He'd be anywhere from neon yellow to almost Caucasian-looking, depending on the scene.

They didn't though. This is just another animation error/mistake. Sometimes Jack is yellow, sometimes he isn't.

Honestly, the massive amount of animations errors and inconsistancies is the worst thing about season 5.

yes it does user.

Probably changed the color to avoid sjws from screaming about the yellow face look it has

i miss square face jack

It happens too often in every season to be an error. It's more likely a stylistic choice so that they have more control over which colors appear in the scene. For example in , yellow skin wouldn't have contrasted well with the wig, while in they wanted Jack's color scheme to compliment the background.

They probably went with the peach skin for the armor look back it contrasts better with the black beard and hair. He's usually back to yellow in his gi, unless they need to change his color for a shit.

I don't know about the eye thing, but I recently watched the first 4 seasons and his skin color changed a lot, it depends on the lighting

The lines around the eyes and mouth make a difference don't they?

definitely causes a cartoony look. Is that the reason why they changed it due to this season's general tone?

Yes

how come yesterday when i made these threads and posted this picture, they got removed almost instantly (spoilered and all), but now it's fine?

I just asked a simple question of why they were so inconsistent with the colouring and then got accused that i was intentionally trying to talk about tumblr race identity and shit like that, like a poltard. Sometimes this shit is worse than tumblr, just the other way around