How to fix The Last Jedi's Holdo plotline

My proposal is this. Instead of having Admiral Holdo act like a cunt and the First Order having the capability to track the Resistance fleet through advanced hyperspace tracking, instead the writers ought to have written a First Order spy hiding among the Resistance fighters on the ship. This spy has not only been beaming the Resistance fleet's location after each hyperspace jump to the First Order Fleet but also possesses crucial intelligence on the Resistance on their person. Admiral Holdo, suspecting the presence of a spy, refuses to tell Poe or any other Resistance fighter what her plan is as she fears that would immediately result in the First Order being tipped off and she fears the only reason they've been left alive thus far is because the First Order wants to keep their asset alive. She investigates the possible culprit as best she can while maintaining the illusion that she does not know there's a spy on board. Meanwhile General Hux does not simply destroy the Resistance fleet as he fears killing their spy and losing crucial information on Resistance bases and operations. Meanwhile Finn and Rose, still believing that the First Order possesses the tech to track ships through hyperspace board the Star Destroyer flagship as in the film only to come to the realization that the signals originated from the Resistance ships and that it therefore must have been one of the crew who delivered this information to the First Order. They hastily inform Poe of this before being captured and Poe, realizing now why Admiral Holdo has kept their plans under wraps, conducts his own investigation.

Holdo deducts that he knows of the spy and determines that his behavior and parallel investigation proves he cannot be the spy. They then investigate together and manage to corner the spy in the ship's engine room. There they find the traitor about to sabotage the ships's engines to leave it vulnerable to capture. A shootout occurs and the two of them manage to kill the spy but find that the engines have been damaged in the process and are now leaking fuel at an alarming rate. The two of them bury the hatchet as Holdo notes Poe's capacity to employ subtlety and not be so rash and Poe comes to understand why Holdo kept information from him as Holdo decides to order an immediate evacuation of the ship while slowing it down. General Hux, believing their spy to have been successful in sabotaging the ship, orders a boarding party on board to capture the ship and collect their spy. Admiral Holdo, however, has stayed aboard with the intention of activating the engine's manual override to detonate the ship. The boarding party barely has time to confront the Admiral before she blows up the ship; taking the boarding party, the boarding Star Destroyer and a considerable chunk of the First Order fleet with her while buying time for the rest of the Resistance to escape to the old Rebel base.

Perhaps Holdo imagined the blast would destroy the entire fleet or perhaps she believed she could inflict enough losses to turn them back but Poe and the survivors, believing that the First Order would not launch a ground assault on the base after taking such casualties are instead dismayed to find that the enraged Kylo Ren insists upon attacking the Resistance now while they're cornered. And that's how I would fix the Holdo plotline of TLJ. No hyperspace bullshit, no Poe being belittled for no reason and no Holdo acting like a cunt for no reason.

Such a frustrating film. Even user can write something more engaging and interesting.

Sorry sweety, but a woman admiral would never first allow a spy to get on board. She will have a 6th sense to tell when people, especially if a man, are lying.

I like it.

TL;DR. The easiest way of fixing Holdo is not having her exist at all.

I don't give a fuck about Holdo, the problem is just that they killed Ackbar.

I honestly thought Finn would end up being a spy. And was excited for it. But then they pulled the hyper tracking BS and I was let down.

*farts*

Holdo sacrificing herself is actually terrible planning. I realize that it makes her look brave and admirable: someone who would never order her subordinates to do something she wasn't willing to do herself, and it is, but her loss is a serious blow to the command structure of the resistance, which has just lost most of it's leadership and is down to one ship. It sounds harsh, but there are people who the Resistance could stand to lose a lot more easily than one of their most experienced generals.

>Or they could just turn on autopilot, a basic feature on all earth aircraft. It would be silly to believe that such an advanced, spacefaring society wouldn't also be putting it on their ships in the event that the pilots were indisposed.

Holdo did nothing wrong.

This, sweeties

I agree except for not telling Poe about the plans when he was in the middle of a fucking mutiny. It would've been dumb if she was just some incompetent leader Poe goes around because he's right and she's wrong. It makes the resistance look incompetent as a whole if she was incompetent.

Besides, they're setting up Poe to be the next leader anyway and it'd be lame if he just fell into the role too easily without learning anything. Holdo as a character is important for Poe's development.

The force is female though

I know, user. He didn't even get to say it was a trap.

Why are you spamming this everywhere

Does this woman upset you that much

Yes

She killed Luke Skywalker

A child could think of this stuff to be honest, and it still makes more sense

i completely forgot this girl's name and the hacker guy. they were such non-characters that my brain didn't even consider it worthy of retention

That would explain the film's poor sense of direction.

I'm sure that's what their retarded female focus groups kept demanding. Not that they went to see the film-- SJWs/feminists never actually indulge in any of this "nerd shit". They just want conformity and validation. As long as they see some buzzfeed headlines about how women did everything important in the movie that's all they care about. They're not a paying audience.