Why does this guy get grief? Hes right about pretty much everything he says or does 95% of the time

Why does this guy get grief? Hes right about pretty much everything he says or does 95% of the time.

It's because Mako is the voice of reason in a show where everyone else is unreasonable. Thus he seems like the outlier and like he doesn't fit.

He's the epitome of wasted potential. If he had played his cards right, he could've had Korra and Asami and his brother Bolin too.

The only people who hate him are Korrasami fags and Bolin self inserters.
Do you know how many times hes potrayed as an abuser in fanfics?
Its fucking sad. Mako did nothing wrong.

He acted like an awkward teenager so it only makes sense to write him as an abusive boyfriend. Duh!

I hate firebenders.

mako is still my favorite character, fire boxers are such a nifty concept.

the whole "protagonist needs to get her love interest no matter what" strikes the avatar franchise once again.

>Korrasami fags and Bolin self inserters
So..... most off the people in this show's fanbase?

>Mako was the abusive one

Wrong.

Mary Sue killjoy

Read the post again.

>mary sue
>mako
Yeah in the first season sure. But Bolin becomes one later one whileMako doesn't do much.

I sympathized with Mako the most because he clearly didn't want to be there and neither did I

He stole Sup Forums's waifu so everyone hated him. Then he got cucked and became relatable so everyone now loves him.

Bolin was the better sibling

He ruined season 1. The plot collapsed the instant his dick started swinging towards Korra's poison vag in episode... 9, I think it was.

And the show never really recovered from that moment.

They blew their load too quit since season 1 was only supposed to be a stand alone. If they planned things out more they could have spread out the romance stuff instead of cramming in so much of it.

Although saying that they planned out the other seasons and the romances were mostly bad there too, so maybe the series was just doomed no matter what they did.

He was godawful in Book 1. He was a Zuko but without any interesting or likable features or ounce of self awareness and the narrative made him seem like the coolest dude ever who gets both girls and is one of the most important people when it comes to defeating the bad guy. He was garbage.

Apparently he gets better in other seasons, can anyone explain? Only bothered with first one.

Why do people hate Bolin?

He is the only one out of the main cast that is reasonable and logical most of the time. Korra gets even more annoying than she was in season 1, Bolin is just a joke character, and Asami is useless (they should have gone the villain route with her in season 1 so she could have done something interesting). It is a shame fans hate him because of the romance crap. By the last season he was my favorite character from the main cast.

In season 1 he was the most popular character, wasn't he? I guess people were expecting more from him being a joke character.

People keep making threads about him like if he was actually a worthwhile character in the show and not just someone that continued to exist with no purpose and who was only given purpose because he was there since the beginning as a brother to a character who was ultimately there to be the love interest.

Also you will find that not many people on Sup Forums hate Bolin. In fact, many will completely rewrite his character and personality and say they love him.