Reminder that this movie the potential to be a masterpiece but the Warner Bros fuckheads downgraded it to a merely...

Reminder that this movie the potential to be a masterpiece but the Warner Bros fuckheads downgraded it to a merely decent movie.

The original draft called for only 5-10 minutes of live-action and the rest would be animated. The movie was also originally PG-13. But when Warner brought in the Farrelly Brothers to direct the live-action scenes, things got out of hand and the live-action ballooned to around 25 minutes of the movie.

If it weren't for studio meddling, we could've potentially gotten to see things like
>Ozzy and Leah's relationship actually developing (the way they got together at the ending was abrupt)

>Ozzy's backstory with how his family got extracted from Frank and how they later return via a blood transplant, a la Close Encounters of the third kind

>The mayor willingly resigning and giving the job to Tom Colonic

>Ozzy and Drix going to a Gonad's Gym where sperm cells are seen exercising

>Thrax having more scenes that could possibly flesh out his character more (he's a cool villain but he barely got to say or do anything in the movie).

But instead, we got Bill Murray popping a zit and vomiting.

(cont.)

Warner Bros also forced the animation directors to trim down the adult content into a PG-rated movie, though they did a poor job editing it because many vestiges of PG-13 content remain in the final cut (like Kid Rock singing about statutory rape, "Holy spit" and "You up spit creek without a paddle", Ozzy calling Drix "cherry assman", a statue of sperm saying "Our Founder", the uvula joke, the "divides with himself" joke, etc.).

I only watched the series but didn't see the movie.
Was it better?

In terms of animation obviously yes. In terms of writing...well...how much do you like Bill Murray?

Does it hurt being this autistic?

The movie is a lot gritter and more "adult" than the series.

The consensus seems to be that
>the movie's animated scenes > the show,
>but the movie's live-action scenes < the show

really need someone to make an edit of Osmosis Jones that removes all the Live Action scenes

>But instead, we got Bill Murray popping a zit and vomiting.

Says the guy who is acting like a cum joke would have been better

The animated parts of the movie somehow managed to execute the gross humor better than the real life parts

It was good the way it was, just needed less live stuff.

Because the grossness looked less real.

It was good the way it was but it could've been great if they didn't cut out all the cool ideas in favor of Farrely Brothers bullshit

The show never had live-action scenes

I didn't say they did

I might actually do this when I get out of work tomorrow.

Don't get you hopes up

meh, Japanese Osmosis Jones is far better.

It also has better waifus.

What is this "Japanese Osmosis Jones" of which you speak

>psychopath white cells
>loli platelets
>shy red cells
>waifu eosinophil

best manga

BEST MANGA!

I remember bringing this movie to school from Blockbuster as a kid. The show on Kids WB wasn't half bad either.

HOW DID THEY GET TO HECTOR

Thrax is one of my favorite villains. He establishes how little he values life and what his motivation is without needing to go too deep into it. He works fast and precise, constantly working to outdo his previous efforts. He has a plan and he immediately takes it into action. He does his own dirty work, he is incredibly hands-on, even with some mooks for assistance. Speaking of mooks, he doesn't order them in surplus like a lot of big bads do. Instead he recruits who he can, and if lost he continues to make due without them, even getting rid of them and going solo if he sees fit. He seems to have no problem with using tools, but he's also no fucking pushover when it comes to being in a fight. The fact that he's deadly to the touch with no qualms over using that advantage makes pure muscle pretty much useless against him. Thrax is a legitimate threat to everyone and everything around him and he only gets better at what he does the more he does it. And on top of all of that, he has an awesome as fuck on-screen death