Is this literally the only example of a "tough chick" in an action film that actually made sense?

Is this literally the only example of a "tough chick" in an action film that actually made sense?

Is Aliens Ripley tough?

trinity in the matrix

ew

She had weaknesses and at times had to rely on men to help her. This is not a good role model for girls. Female characters need to be flawless.

Nah, she's just maternal as fuck.

I wonder why more movies don't make believable "tough chick"s by giving them guns. I mean, technology is the great equalizer. A 100 lb woman beating up on big guys using l33t martial arts doesn't look very believable 99% of the time. I mean, I'm sure there are some women who could do that in some situations, but you need absolutely great action filmmakers to make it *look* believable on the screen. On the other hand, a woman with a gun is automatically a credible threat. She's got a gun. The gun doesn't care what gender of person holds it, it'll kill people just the same.

>that actually made sense?

Dalia Hernandez in Apocalypto

why does this board hate furiosa

the chick in sicario is bad ass, so is the chick in edge of tomorrow

This is also a decent example
I enjoyed her character, I wouldn't really call her (or any of the characters in that film) "tough" though

aliens ripley
furiosa
sarah conor

all of them were shown to get their asses kicked by men but all were pretty tough. it wasn't like "i'm going to punch a 240 dude and he'll fall tough" it's more like I can take a beating and keep going.

Ripley had her faults
sarah
furiosa

this.

Because Reddit and tumblr love her.

Ripley.

>furiosa
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Why wasn't she pregnant?
How did she learn how to drive?
What made her different to all the plebs begging for water that she was given privilege above them?
"this is the as far as I have gone" line, meaning she has tried multiple times to escape, and of course she has been gone long enough for her to make a deal with the grand canyon niggers. So if she had tried to escape before. Why would Immortan or whatever continue to let her drive?
Why would Immortar not kill her if she for some reason can't get pregnant?
Why would Immortar waste a good mechanical arm on her?
Why would Immortar let her have contact with the other breeders?
Why is she even alive, why does she exists? It makes no sense in the context of the movie's setting and universe.

>furiosa

lol no. fury road is trash

whatsherface from atomic blonde

the bride, I guess?

she seemed realistic to you?

But she was a fictional character unlike Sarah Connor.

No. Bridget Jones is a true tough chick.

Completely over the top and unbelievable, but I enjoyed the films nontheless

Anabelle, I guess.

She is male Chucky, and everyone here would consider Chucky a tough male character.

Jesus Christ, you brainlets are getting worse by the day.

Conan

This, except Furiosa was kinda dumb since SoyMax came up with a much better plan, but she was tough as fuck.

Pretty much besides Ripley.

there's a bunch of hyperbole, but I don't accept her as a believable character in her respective universe either

immortan joe is too much of a dick to give her such a trusting position after her earlier implied betrayal(s)

How did she know how to work the hydraulic press though?

I hope to all things holy this is bait. couldn’t make it past the first 15 minutes of sicario with how shoehorned Emily blunt felt in it.

You will never be able to enjoy any movie at all if that is enough to trigger you, or you'll end up at cinemasins.

>You will never be able to enjoy any movie at all if that is enough to trigger you
I enjoy literally almost every movie except actual fucking trash like The Last Jedi and "Mad Max"

There are ways to write good characters, and almost every movie manages to do it. Sorry your feminist hero isn't one of them.

Honestly yeah. Probably the only "believable" action heroine. She's strong for a woman, but the film makes a point of showing that the only way she can overcome the physicality of men is by being completely vicious, unhinged, and smart. She has to be sneaky and then hit hard, take advantage of her surroundings, improvise weapons, etc.

I don't know if they're willing to make a character like this any more. Pic related, looks like something out of the Turner Diaries.

You should finish it. Once she goes down to Mexico the narrative of the film shifts to "women are a useless liability and naive idealists get BTFO"

She's a more realistic character because she does not fit in to that world as a female, and the script plays it that way, as opposed to "chick comes in and does everything better than the oppressive mansplaining guys" which most attempts at tough chicks end up as.

Maggie?

She isn't a strong female, neither in the realistic sense or the delusional sjw-sense. She's there to act as bait and sign some forms, basically. And after all's said and done, she needs to gtfo back into the proverbial kitchen.

All that intense training Linda did in Terminator 2 and her twin that's in it for a few minutes just went to the gym a couple of times a week.

really? cant believe I didnt know that. maybe then...

I think you missed the plot of Sicario completely

just because she fails doesn't mean shes not a bad ass

It's because T2 is just one of the best action movies ever made.

The point was that she wasn't badass at all, and was in fact a total wuss

>Ripley
>Trinity
>Princess Leia
>Mockingbird
>Ruby Roundhouse
>Lara Croft
>Eowyn

I think the point is that she was badass only for normie standards, but in the hellish world of Sicario that's simply not enough.

Hahaha absolutel state of Sup Forums right there. Disgusting.

She saw it work. Accidentally hit the button while they were crawling around.

she could kill you faster than you could cry for your mommy you lil piss boy