The Witcher on Netflix

Is everyone ready for the adaptation of Andrzej Sapkowski’s The Witcher?
Will it be a masterpiece or cancelled and forgotten after two seasons like Marco Polo?

they will ruin it
I will watch it but I know I will suffer

will it be better or worse than Amazon's Lord of the Rings?

can't be worse at this point

Nope SJWs will ruin it.

Wait, didn't they make geralt a nigger?

I doubt it, Polish director and Sapkowski himself will be involved, similar to George R.R. Martin

Geralt is a black non binary queer now?

will it be about Geralt or some side story about a no-name witcher and his adventures?

geralt, if you go the netflix page of the series there's a synopsis already

>Nope SJWs will ruin it.

How can they? The show is being made by the polish. There are no SJWs in Poland because they actually are culturally united.

the worst thing about it is that the adaptation won't look as good or be as comfy as the game itself

>There are no SJWs in Poland because they actually are culturally united.

Sure there are. They're just not as prevelant in media and politics as in the West.

there are some and I have no doubt in Netflixs ability to find and hire them

>there are some and I have no doubt in Netflixs ability to find and hire them

Netflix isn't hiring anyone. They're just distributing it. It's being made entirely by the polish. Sapkowski himself is one of the producers and is a creative consultant.

If the show is going to suck, it ain't going to be from a SJW agenda because there isn't one that has enough bearing in Poland to make an effect on anything.

>It's being made entirely by the polish.

So it's going to be a disaster.

In Poland, right-wingers created a special site where they “monitor” homosexuals and liberals.

Google red watch. Maybe it has not been taken down.

Keep in mind that Marco Polo was good and got canceled.
Meanwhile we will have and endless stream of Sandler movies and FullerHouse for 10 more seasons

>So it's going to be a disaster.

It could be. Not in the same vein as the 2003 series what with Sapkowski's involvement, but it's certainly possible that it could suck.

I don't know if this is positive. The polish already tried to make a witcher show and apparently it was horrible. Perhaps with the budget of Netflix but it's not looking good.

I just want morgan freeman as gandalf

Holy shit you have no idea how bad it was.

once we had a witcher series made by polacks
please dont remind me

So?
Just because some dumb neo-nazis made a website doesn't mean that far left suddenly disappears.

It better be based on the video games and not the shit books

I am not saying they have disappeared, but in a much smaller country it is easier to control them

Well, that's why I mentioned Sapkowski. He openly called the 2003 series shit. The one being made now has him as part of the production. Also, many of the people on the production team are apparently aiming for the videogames' aesthetics and are actually on the phone with guys who worked at CDPR.

Though, just to be clear, CDPR has no professional/official involvement with the series. The series is being adapted from the books, not the games. So no game characters have a chance in appearing in the show.

>cat school

>no chance to see banter between Iorveth and Vernon 'Whoreson' Roche
why even bother

Who cares, Jakub Wędrowycz is superior polish fantasy hero

Few things are as comfy as the game itself, I just hope the show is true to the tone of the game.

Netflix original shows are mostly terrible. Especially those Marvel TV shows.

If it's on Netflix, it will be SJW-approved

at least Foltest will be alive again

Cat armor is the most aesthetic armor in the game.

Sapkowski himself is pretty heavily left-leaning, so yes.

>implying Marco Polo wasn't a masterpiece that was cancelled and forgotten

stuff his mouth with the shit of pigs

Hope it won’t be like the original adaptation of the Witcher, called The Hexer (pic related)

But if Netflix is making it, it doesnt matter where its being produced. They control everything about it. They would just hire SJWs if they wanted to go that route.
As for whether I think it will suck or not, it probably will be a huge let down. Regardless of whether or not they SJW-ize it or not.

Soldier, spyglass!!!

OP here, Marco Polo was a masterpiece, but it was canceled and forgotten. It wasn’t too popular with American audiences because the lead was Italian and there were too many Chinese for their liking. I merely hope The Witcher won’t suffer the same fate

>called The Hexer

It was a shit translation. It's still called "Wiedzmin" (Witcher) in polish.

>Implying Geralt and Dandelion weren't 10/10 casting choices

>But if Netflix is making it, it doesnt matter where its being produced.

But Netflix isn't making it. They're not even paying for it.

>They control everything about it.
They control whether or not they show it on their streaming service.

> They would just hire SJWs if they wanted to go that route.

Except they can't because it's not their show.

Netflix has absolutely no say on the production.

It may be a let down. It may be shit. But if so, it will most certainly not be because of SJWs.

I think they will misunderstand the characters.
Take Yen as one example. She's a huge bitch, and she's supposed to be a huge bitch. The series acknowledges that she's a huge bitch and that its Geralt that keeps her centered. So even though she's SJW incarnate, there's the unspoken understanding that her character is a massively flawed one.

But this subtlety will probably be lost in a translation to the screen. She'll be a FUCK YEA EMPOWERED WOMEN WHO DON'T NEED NO MAN, unbridled, ambitious, powerful, sleeps with whomever she pleases, all in all possessing the same qualities as her book counterpart except there will be no implicit details written into the script that all these things are flaws.

If they show her under the thumb of a more powerful man, or punished as a result of hubris ala The Last Wish, I'd be very surprised.

Not to mention the fact Netflix is basically ruining itself by removing all the good films and series and replacing them with shit. The same mistake Nintendo has been making ever since the Wii (though they seem to be redeeming themselves with the Switch)

So they’ll have no choice but to accept Sapkowski’s adaptation the way he and the Polish director see fit

Who's the director? Bagiński?

>Yen
>SJW
cant remember her giving a shit about faggots or other women than the lodge

Yes Tomasz Bagiński

Manticore is

>I think they will misunderstand the characters.

That's probably what Sapkowski, the man who created Yen, is there for. He's going to be there to tell them 'yes' or 'no' on shit.

>not being a submissive cockslut is SJW incarnate

I’ve always wondered how an elder guy with long grey hair gets to have the prettiest girls looking up to him and follow him around

He’s exotic

Fame/money/power

Choose noe or more.

>I’ve always wondered how an elder guy with long grey hair

He's not elderly. Geralt is (physically) roughly in his 30s. Chronologically, he's a little over 100.

And his hair is white, not grey. He's almost basically an albino.

most of the time Geralt pays momey
having no STD and no need for birth control is a big plus
also the next handsome guy in line is a fat pig farmor with no teeth

Daddy issues. That shit is real af.

Sadly this. He is still extremely butthurt about refusing CDPR's deal and just taking the pocket change instead. Also people who only played games and didn't read books are up for disappointment. Geralt of Rivia is ultimately a depressingly lonely character that because of his physical appearance and the myth surrounding his profession is unjustifiably hated and feared by most. The story is a perfect setup for your typical American race baiting and white guilt shaming.
The "based Poland" is a Sup Forums meme. Sure majority of Polish people are conservative or even borderline racist but we still got our left-wing intellectuals from unis and campuses. Also we have to deal with a considerable amount of self-loathing Poles with inferiority complex when it comes to being Polish.

>noe

*one

Are there black people in polish

I'm more interested in Black Company series which is also apparently happening.

What armor will he be wearing?

if you slay monsters, you also slay pussy. it's simple physics

All the women chasing him are female mages. It's because (and I'm not kidding) Geralt underwent mutations so his body is filled with some Slav magic bullshit that makes people sensitive to magic (mage sluts) crave his body like they crave a 20 inch dildo. It gives them tingles or some shit like that.

Silver for monsters and ghosts. Steel for beasts and humans. The meatwhip for wenches. basic witcher rules

Ye, but they're rare AF.

Woah, I need some of that magic. But seriously, He gets to have both Yennefer and Triss and other girls on the side

Warsaw or Krakow? Which city is superior? Or is there a city that beats both of them?

Geralt is permanently middle aged, his hair is white as purely by chance and Witchers are unnaturally sexually attractive to women canonically. Also Witches love them because they carry no diseases and are savage in bed.

There's little nothing unusual to it.

>sterile
>doesn't stick around
>has a risky, if not glamorous, job

This is bad if you want good life expectancy and to settle down with a family, but bitches get wet at that combination.

>Woah, I need some of that magic.

Don't be so quick for it. The mutations themselves have a high mortality rate. Geralt himself was the only survivor of the however many kids who were put under the experimental mutations. It's why his hair and skin have no pigmentation and what visually sets him apart from other Witchers.

No he also is unnaturally irresistible to women, and magically makes them orgasm more potently, especially mages. You can see where the author's head was at when writing the books.

>Geralt is permanently middle aged

No, he isn't. Witchers just age like 3 times slower than humans. If Witchers didn't age, then most of them would be little kids since that's when they're put through their mutations.

you know you could just play the witcher 2 for that right

I can imagine where his left hand was when he was writing those books

Dunno, depends what you want. Kraków is probably better if you wan't to go sight-seeing.

Nobody in Poland likes people from Warsaw.
Krakow is superior but it's the most polluted city in the entire country. Smog in there literally kills people.

Well, let’s say you had 5 million euros tomorrow, where would you move to?

Outside of Poland thqh.

>dominatrix woman ordering the macho man around
What's there to ruin? The only thing about The Witcher franchise were the games. The books are trash.

not permanently
Vesemir for examole is an old grandpa
an old grandpa who can fuck up any monsters day, but still an old grandpa
I swear if Netflix kills him like CDPR I will REEEEEE

>Witchers just age like 3 times slower than humans.
Not really, Vesimer is at least 500 by the time of his death in the game, although that's wishy washy with the canon, but there has never been a firm age put on any Witcher, I say permanently because it effectively is, Witchers don't die of old age enough to know their lifespans. Correct me if I'm wrong though, I'm not an expert on the lore.

on a bottle of vodka most of the time

How many episodes will be dedicated to Gwent?

Gdansk and Wroclaw are both superior to both, unless you want to take part in corporate rat race then Warsaw is the only objective choice even though it's not really that nice of a city to live in.

As somebody who knows nothing about this, when is it going to come out? Is the budget good? have they announced any casting?

>I swear if Netflix kills him like CDPR I will REEEEEE

Not Netflix's call.

Also, Vesemir doesn't die in the books.

The only Witchers who do are Coen and Geralt.

>goes to Kraków
>local bydlo cuts your hands with machete
>dies
>corpse gets pissed on by drunk British tourist

yeah, no.

None, it's too highbrow for the Netflix audience.

A fucking pitchfork. Top tier writing Poland.

Griffin because it's ugly and still has the best stats.

Griffin armor isn't the best piece in any slot in W3

all
a party of Gwent will end every episode as a running gag with a cliffhanger who will win
will Dandelion fall into Geralts trap? will Zolten ever stop cheating? find out next episode!

He spared the faggot and got pitchforked.

>Vesimer is at least 500 by the time of his death in the game, although that's wishy washy with the canon

It really isn't, because the games aren't canon.

> but there has never been a firm age put on any Witcher, I say permanently because it effectively is, Witchers don't die of old age enough to know their lifespans.

True enough. However, it's canonically stated that Geralt is a little over 100. If 100 is roughly like 30 for a Witcher, then Vesemir is more like closer to 200, if we can put him at like 60 since he's supposed to be elderly.

Thus why I say about 3 times slower. It took Geralt 100 years just to get to his 30s.

Prague

It's overall the best if you rely strongly on signs.

I love the last book
you can pin the moment down to one page where Saltykovsky sperged out and just wanted to kill it all off.