Sorry Billy Dee, there was no room left for your character

Other urls found in this thread:

nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/carrie-fisher-affair-harrison-ford-new-book-article-1.2874341
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Lando's too good for them anyway

They would just kill him off anyway. It's better that he's not in it.

He dies in the next installment. And since America is a sadistic Nazi hellhole, he gets assraped by a gang of Jawas too.

Kelly is cute

>Last night read some b8 post about how the new Disney canon is superior to the old EU because it doesn't have 'stupid crap' like 'Lando inventing hot chocolate' in it
>Reading Heir to the Empire this afternoon
>Forgot that I never actually read this book and started with the Jedi Academy trilogy
>In the first chapter, Luke tells Threepio that Lando introduced him to hot chocolate
>A story about Force-blocking insects and a blue-skinned red-eyed Rheinhard von Lohengramm is more gripping than Hollywood's new hope
Why the FUCK didn't they do this story? I wouldn't even have minded if they'd used different actors for the protagonists.

I know they would have butchered him anyway but as the matter of fact, it's Disney that didn't bother calling him. I remember he was asked at celebration and he said nobody called. These fuckers think we forgot about Lando.

>he said nobody called
wtf? ;_;

fpbp

Kelly a cute

Was anybody else upset/dissapointed when they saw a girl from Scream Queens in this movie? It completely threw me off for the rest of the film.

Why the fuck would you WANT them to bring Lando back and ruin him too?

Refresh my memory. How many women were running the ships in the original trilogy? I thought it was mostly old angry looking men.

Considering that's Carrie Fishers daughter, I was pleasantly surprised. Especially since she was my one of my favourite characters in Scream Queens.
And she has a small enough role that it doesn't break your immersion like fucking Wil Wheaton in Dark Matter

It just seemed so strange. Her hair is also done up similar to how she has it in Scream Queens and she talked in the same type of voice. I also noticed like 2 or 3 semi famous actors/actresses (who was the asian girl that died in the bomber?) in this movie and it just bugged me I guess.

She was at Ellen Degeneres and pretended she auditionned anonymously and was cast in the film without them knowing she was Carrie Fisher's daughter. what a coincidence. Who would have known it was so easy

hmmmm. I could see it being kind of believable since she was already famous for her Scream Queens role, but I thought she would be a background character and not having a speaking role. I didn't realize she was Carrie's daughter, that is really weird.

Say what you will about Billie Lourd but she's a qt

I get where your coming from. Cameos can really fuck up a viewing of experience.

mfw I realize TLJ is wose than the holiday special

Seriously. If they thought the old characters dragged their creativity down and they couldn't use them properly, they should have scrapped them altogether and done their own thing from the start.

Would have been more reasonable than the galaxy being rebels vs completely different Empire once again after
only 30 years.

Like how that stormtrooper played by Daniel Craig in TFA shows you just how broad the pool of established talent they were dealing with when trying to cast these movies really was?
In my TFA Poe would be played by Daniel Craig and would still die in the TIE fighter crash (how did he survive? The explanation he gives isn't good enough!) and Billie Lourd would be Rey.

It's better that way. I don't want them to ruin Lando.

No, no, it's not, it doesn't have a weird psychedelic dance sequence 15 minutes in and it doesn't have Chewie's wife watching Space Martha Stewart or Space American Bandstand. Although the sequels assassinate Chewie as much as they assassinate Luke.

>Implying JJ Abrams and everyone involved in TFA didn't know she was Carrie's daughter

>that ugly asian girl
Why did they feel the need to force the awkward romance down our necks? Take example from other franchises disney, like lotr builds arwen and aragorn over 3 movies and harry potter it takes 6 movies before ron and hermiones first kiss, wtf is this shit. Is it hard to put in afew 'chemistry' scenes and then wait until movie 9 to capitalize on their thing?

>Is it hard to put in afew 'chemistry' scenes and then wait until movie 9 to capitalize on their thing?
Empire had a romance, so this one has to have one, too!

They never realized that Leia and Han were hinted at from the mid-point of A New Hope.

>They never realized that Leia and Han were hinted at from the mid-point of A New Hope.
And they have excellent dialogue with each other in ESB. I'm not even talking about
>I love you
>I know
The scene with them in the hallway at Echo Base and the scene with them aboard the Falcon are perfect

They probably did on set.

The casting agent is the one who decides tho; it's entirely possible, user.

>Her hair is also done up similar to how she has it in Scream Queens
This was meant as a nod to her mother.

>The scene with them in the hallway at Echo Base and the scene with them aboard the Falcon are perfect
Pure kino. On top of that, Harrison and Carrie actually fucked during the original movie's production.

>When the actors have actual chemistry

>THERE'S NO TIME TO DISCUSS THIS IN COMMITTEE!

>I AM NOT A COMMITTEE!

Seriously, where is this kind of stuff in modern films?

I don't know. I really don't know.

They did?

See and

Yeah. Carrie admitted it in a book that she released before she died.

Which one?

more like they have forgotten about it.

The Princess Diarist.

nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/carrie-fisher-affair-harrison-ford-new-book-article-1.2874341

bump

vs
>stop taking MY HAND!

>kelly is cute
No

Yes

i saw Billy Dee Williams at a comic event in like 2009, he was haggard, half-blind and mostly deaf, didn't know shit about star wars and was only interested in talking about his new fragrance line.

still loved him though. but he's just so fuggen old.

Wow, never would have expected this desu. But thinking about it, it sorta makes sense.