Uhm, hey alt-righters, TLJ isn't doing poorly because it deconstructs the patriarchy, it's the holiday calendar

Uhm, hey alt-righters, TLJ isn't doing poorly because it deconstructs the patriarchy, it's the holiday calendar.

Other urls found in this thread:

birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/12/20/the-curious-case-of-the-last-jedi-and-its-rotten-tomatoes-audience-score
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inner_Workings_(film)
youtube.com/watch?v=XhEf0DRAVDE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ONE
BILLION
DOLLARS
LOL

Uh huh, and Mariah Carey's Glitter only bombed because of 9/11.

"..of 100 random negative user reviews from Rotten Tomatoes, 94% of them either had no account or were first-time users."

birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/12/20/the-curious-case-of-the-last-jedi-and-its-rotten-tomatoes-audience-score

Holy fuck at the excuses, lol

>"random"

lol

lol no.
that excuse might have worked back in monday, but the small increases and large decreases every day show it has weak legs.

For example jumanji increased 110% christmas day while Star Wars about 70%.

the movies 4 day weekend was the same as rogue one, even though its weekend was 70 million + leading.

Yeah, this movie pissed normies so much, they created an account just for this movie

I FEEL THE BEST THING I COULD DO!

Is the Holiday calendar also to blame for the shitty audience reviews?

IS END IT ALL AND LEAVE FOREVER

> holiday calendar
Total, utter bullshit.. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are usually among the strongest for taking the family out to see a movie in the afternoon. If anything, they should have seen brisk sales through the holiday week as children left school. Instead it's in a slump, at least $120 million US less than Force Awakens this point in its tenure.

I personally know a few people who work at the local theater. They are absolutely furious with Disney right now. Disney squeezed them for 65% of all ticket sales and they are OBLIGATED BY CONTRACT to keep the film on a dedicated theater for at least four weeks. It's barely at 1/3 capacity, and no one's buying the tie-in popcorns and drink cups to make up the lost revenue.

Rumor among the managers is the chain is not going to let Disney ask for more than 40% on Frozen 2, and that's almost guaranteed to draw in children. They're pissed off enough they're going to try hardballing Disney, for Christ's sake.

Those are because of Russian hackers.

Am I late for the daily cry about The Last Jedi thread?

Damn it you idiots. Doing shit like this is how normies find this place and ruin it.

I'm sure they'll have better luck next Christmas. And the Christmas after that. And after that.
NEW PLASTIC LANDFILL EVERY 12 MONTHS!

What the fuck image is that? Source??

>For example jumanji increased 110% christmas day while Star Wars about 70%.

It increased from $17,629,999 to $27,459,557
That's 56%, not 70%. It's absolutely pathetic for Christmas day.

Jumanji got from 9mil to 20mil. That's 125% maybe?

holiday calendar that was specifically chosen like it has been for decades for major blockbusters starwars, LOTR, Harry Potter

WHAT'S DONE IS DONE, IT FEELS SO BAD

Yes comarade, our secret base to spread Russian Propaganda and bring down capitalist pigs will be exposed.

Heil Putin

So this movie is easily going to make over a billion dollars. Disney will call it a massive success.

No Star Wars movie from the previous two trilogies has made more than the first film in that trilogy. This is how they'll spin the decline.

But at the end of the day, this company has made three Star Wars movies in three years and they've all made over a billion dollars. You would think Star Wars fatigue would set in by now, but apparently that's not happening.

Gru 2

Stop. This is just too cringey. Even for Sup Forums.

It's from Disney's Inner Workings. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inner_Workings_(film)

youtube.com/watch?v=XhEf0DRAVDE

SHE HAS THE DONK

I honestly don't understand this

Literally everyone I know had tons of complaints about the film. Even my communist star wars fanboy friend was disappointed by it.

>You would think Star Wars fatigue would set in by now, but apparently that's not happening.
It might set in with Solo. No one asked for that movie.

Sup Forums always loses.

>Disney will call it a massive success
Nah. They were expecting this go get 1.6 billion at the very least and it certainly had the opening weekend to pull it off.

Problem is the bad word of mouth killed it because the movie sucked.

>So this is the power of Disney and what 4 billion dollars buys

>They were expecting this go get 1.6 billion
Source: ASS

>two three-day weekends in a row
>more time-off is more time to take in a movie
>holiday calendar to blame

>Tune in for the Star Wars: The Last Jediā„¢ Excuse of the Day!
Every time I somehow laugh harder.

>TFA: 2.2 Billion
>Rogue One 1.2 Billion
>The Last Jedi Over a Billion expected
>Star Wars toy sales from 2014 to 2017: 4 Billion

What are these fucks trying to say?

>MUH SEKRET KLUB

>it's not an analogy it's a comparison

The proud 52%

You know a company has to answer to its shareholders, right?
They can't write "WHITE MEN BTFO, WE DONT CARE ABOUT MONEY" and then move on.
They have to convince their shareholders that this flop was a one-time occurrence.

>100 fake accounts means all of them are fake

Disney really getting desperate there, eh?

Now subtract all of the production and marketing costs, not to mention the cost to buy the fucking brand in the first place Disney shillbot.

See Also

Still made a very healthy profit.

Uh oh! Here comes the bitter Sup Forums salt.

NOT AS NEAR OF A "HEALTHY PROFIT" AS THEY WOULD'VE HAD THEY BEEN ACTUAL GOOD MOVIES AND NOT INSULTING PILES OF SHIT.
You would be fired from Disney with that retarded logic.

Two days difference in the calendar pissed off half the fans. Or,

Two days difference in the calendar made half the fans find something better to do. Or,

Two days difference in the calendar made everybody behave differently this year then all other SW years and they'll go see it later.

Or something.

>le 56% increase

Source: ASS

>Uh oh here comes reality!
>Run away waaaaahh!

Subtract the cut taken by the merchandise licensees, too.

>100 people pissed off about the movie means they are fake.

>Get BTFO
>Immediately start crying about it.
>Buh buh buh green text!

Do you need a source to explain to you with numbers how good movies do better than bad movies?
I think you seriously need help. These cries have just become disturbing cries for help from these shills. They've fucking lost it.

Isn't the alternative to "right", "left"?

Same fag.

You Disney shills think about ass a lot.

>earn less and less
>"THIS IS FINE"

>tfw I kick back and get ready to enjoy one of Sup Forums's latest cringe worthy Last Jedi tantrums.

How in ANY WAY was I "BTFO" you fucking newfag retard? Stop using the slang because you have no understanding of it at all and continue to embarrass yourself.
What you should do is return to reddit and tell them how mean we are for constantly discussing reality. Tell them to never come here.

what about metacritic user score? It's even worse at 4.7 / 10

No one seems to care about that

Thanks for proving my point.

> let's buy this titan of a franchise with a lot of existing lore and a huge fanbase
> let's deconstruct everything

>tfw we kick back and enjoy you retards continuing to defend a shit film that insults you.

Now this is a sweet, butt hurt, tantrum.

Good stuff!

Last two movies were put near christmas. Final movie will come out within same date. It's very interesting to see people defend the hell out of this movies performance at the BO.

I love it when they say this. You could have just posted "I'm a clueless retard trolling from trumblr" and it would have at least been honest. Not as funny though.

>You now know there's a unique poster counter on every page that updates on every post

You should leave before this becomes more embarrassing for you. There's an archive too.

Wew lad! That is some hilarious butt hurt deflection!

Aww. You feeling upset sweetie?

>Han Solo movie bombs
>Disney shills respond by saying "THEY DIDN'T ACTUALLY WANT TO EARN MONEY!"

YET I CANT LEAVE

>I lost the argument and I have no response

People are laughing at you Sup Forums. They're laughing at you. How did this happen? I thought you were in charge here?

>He actually thinks people win or lose internet arguments.

It's not though? Normies hate it because their idol dared to change over the span on fifty years. Not because a few girls were prominent in it.

You under estimate the power of the alt-right Russians? THEY HAVE BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE

ITT: Sup Forums gets its shit slapped.

Is this some kind of meta joke?
It's really cringey.

Come on Sup Forums. Can't you come up with some clever memes or something to stop this movie?

disney shills are seeping desperation at this point
you could push your russian bots and calendar lies only for so long the numbers don't lie. This movie has very poor legs and won't come close to what they were anticipating

ITT: 75 replies, 30 unique posters

>the alt-right/Russians are gaming the audience reception because
>>A. they're threatened by women and minorities
>>B. Rupert Murdoch wants to tank Disney's stock to gain more leverage in the Fox buyout
>fans are angry their ostentatious theories were wrong
>those so-called flaws are intentional subversion
>the unexplained is consciously so because it's all ultimately irrelevant for these characters and the choices they make
>fans can't handle an intelligent Hitchcock-esque film about letting the past die, defying fate, and turning the original/prequel trilogy's themes on their head
>it'll all be explained in upcoming novels/Episode IX/Battlefront II DLC
>people hated The Empire Strikes Back at first too
>it's better than the EU/Holiday Special/Ewoks cartoon
>people aren't seeing it because of the same holidays that The Force Awakens made gangbusters during
>people can't afford to see it because they're building a rainy day fund for the Trumpocalypse
>everything bad was George Lucas's idea anyway, remember him and how much we hate him, he RUINED Star Wars with the prequels and he's doing again with the sequel trilogy about letting the past die, they wanted the George Lucas past to die too, he's the villain in this story, META
> YOU ARE HERE

>still here

Also, all the anonymity is on the front end. You can't undrool your chin pookums.

I think the absolute failure of Blade Runner 2049 has really hurt this board.

I mean, when a mediocre Star Wars sequel, the third fucking film in three years, makes over a billion dollars, you know something is wrong.

>I think the absolute failure of Blade Runner 2049 has really hurt this board.
Can someone post the LTD box office receipts for this movie? I'd like to compare them to Last Jedi

>He actually doesn't after just having lost one
Can you imagine my surprise?

are these the fucking stages of grief?
they literally blamed everything they could think of besides their own shit writing and production , including fucking RUSSIANS all the way coming back to it being all George Lucases' fault
this is ridiculous

>100 accounts
That is a ridiculously bad sample size

>So this movie is easily going to make over a billion dollars.
proev that

why do people act like TLJ is the only movie ever made?

did they do any analysis on other movies? to see how many were first time users?

RT is NOW fatally flawed?

what a joke

It's doing poorly because it's shit and the star wars manchildren aren't going to see it over and over as they would if it was good.

Can't. Too painful.

They need to get Mueller and a special counsel to investigate the Russian/Alt-Right campaign against Star Wars for the next year and a half. Then the truth could finally come out.

>ITS RUSSIAN HACKERS, EVERYONE REALLY LOVES THE MOVIE
>ITS THE ALT-RIGHT, THESE SCORES ARE FAKE
>ITS MANCHILDREN, THEIR OPINIONS DONT MATTER, THE MOVIE IS STILL DOING WELL, REAL FANS STILL LIKE IT
>ITS ACTUALLY JUST AN ARTIFACT OF THE HOLIDAY WEEKEND, ITLL PICK UP SOON
How low can we go? What's next?

>tfw Last Jedi still has 4 weeks left in its theatrical run. tfw when Sup Forums will cry about it every day until it's out of theaters.

>LOL IT WILL STILL MAKE $2 BILLION
>LOL IT WILL STILL MAKE $1.6 BILLION
>LOL IT WILL STILL MAKE $1.5 BILLION
>LOL IT WILL STILL MAKE $1.2 BILLION
>LOL IT WILL STILL MAKE $1.1 BILLION
>LOL IT WILL STILL MAKE $1 BILLION
..we are here
>LOL IT STILL MADE A PROFIT
>LOL HOLLYWOOD ACCOUNTING
>LOL BUT MUH TOYS
>LOL BUT MUH THEME PARK

>All caps autism
Cringe.

But it's easily going to make 1 Billion user. Probably more.

You've got to try harder. Don't embarrass yourself next time. The "all caps" proves you're raging with butt hurt.

wait till you see the
OHNONONONO

I love how the success of this movie triggers people with autism. Sometimes I post threads praising this movie just to troll the autists. People with autism really should be euthanised.