Do we have to wait until Episode IX is out to claim The Last Jedi was always good? Because it's very good

Do we have to wait until Episode IX is out to claim The Last Jedi was always good? Because it's very good.

Other urls found in this thread:

birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/12/20/the-curious-case-of-the-last-jedi-and-its-rotten-tomatoes-audience-score
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sup Forums is just a bunch of butt blasted DRUMPFKINS and cant see TLJ is good

Can you imagine being so incensed with American politics that you have to drag it into every conversation even if you don't have a coherent point of view? I can't.

It's got some major flaws but it's good. I knew pretty quickly that it would cause some pain because it ripped off a lot of band-aids but it had to happen and it was ballsy as hell.

>Do we have to wait until Episode IX is out to claim The Last Jedi was always good?

You can claim it now. You'll just be laughed at and mocked, that's all.

Do you need to wait two years to feel comfortable with being mocked? Is that what this thread is about?

It really is, I would say the casual and Sup Forums audience doesn't mean shit but for such a main stream movie it actually does, it depresses me to see so many autistic manchildren that actually think think its bad.

>S-Social Justice Wars!

Not an argument.

>t.

Well I mean I saw several threads today explicitly praising The Force Awakens, and I was around for the absolute lambasting it got on here 2 years ago.

>How dare they let Leia use the force!

ESB > ANH > TLJ > ROTJ > ROTS >>> TFA > AOTC > TPM

It isn't good. It is utter shit. It is full of plotholes.

The entire premise of the main part of the film is that the Resistance ships are low on fuel, and the First Order is going to chase them until they can catch up. The First Order could simply hyper-jump ahead, turn around, and catch the Resistance on the way back. There, now I've broken that part of the plot.

One sub-plot is that Poe sends Finn and Rose on a mission and blah blah blah, none of that matters, because it could have been avoided if Admiral Holdo simply told her forces what they were doing, which she obviously did at some point, because they started doing it. Now I've broken this part of the plot as well.

Meanwhile, Rey is trying to get trained by Luke, who refuses to help her. Why does he refuse to help her, when the entire previous movie was about finding the map HE LEFT BEHIND in case the galaxy needed him to find him so he could help? There, now that part of the plot is broken... or did I break the previous movie? I don't know.

The point is, each and every part of the plot was shit.

can't tell if shill or faggot. I'll just go with both.

No.

It's a complete mess of a movie with some highpoints but not really worth suffering trough the entire movie for.

>It isn't good. It is utter shit. It is full of plotholes.
>The entire premise of the main part of the film is that the Resistance ships are low on fuel, and the First Order is going to chase them until they can catch up. The First Order could simply hyper-jump ahead, turn around, and catch the Resistance on the way back. There, now I've broken that part of the plot.
>One sub-plot is that Poe sends Finn and Rose on a mission and blah blah blah, none of that matters, because it could have been avoided if Admiral Holdo simply told her forces what they were doing, which she obviously did at some point, because they started doing it. Now I've broken this part of the plot as well.
>Meanwhile, Rey is trying to get trained by Luke, who refuses to help her. Why does he refuse to help her, when the entire previous movie was about finding the map HE LEFT BEHIND in case the galaxy needed him to find him so he could help? There, now that part of the plot is broken... or did I break the previous movie? I don't know.
>The point is, each and every part of the plot was shit.

It took 30 years and someone other than Lucas to explain why there was a catastrophic weakness in the Empire's ultimate weapon (that only took 3 years to nearly rebuild from scratch).

It's called relativity.

For the first time ever, I actually felt nostalgia for TPM in the last two weeks...that's how fucking bad TLJ is.

You felt nostalgia for TPM because the entire Canto Bight act was an homage to it.

what about the people around the world who also think the movie suck, you hillary loving faggot?

More likely you'll have to wait for the next trilogy before some say it was good, while their children will be the new contrarians saying the even newer newer trilogy was shit.

Well, those children would, but that would require the current crop of contrarians to actually successfully mate with something other than their palm.

ANH = ESB > ROTJ > R1 >>> TPM >>> ROTS > AOTC > TLJ

I'm going to say 22 years old who "was born in le wrong generation."

>Nostalgia for a 1999 movie
How young are you?

No, 31. Been watching SW since I was 5.

nice

Maybe. But I'm hoping the Blu-Ray/streaming release will start the re-evaluation. Going by a lot of the more valid criticism I'm see (ie, people complaining about plot stuff, and not politics or fan theories), it seems like a lot of people are missing thing because of the movie's unusual (for Star Wars) structure. When you actually see how the plot and themes tie everything together, it's pretty easy to see that a lot of common criticisms are at least somewhat misguided. With repeat viewings, people should be able to pick up on the things they missed.

>18 years ago was practically yesterday!

How fucking old are YOU, grandpa?

sorry patrician ranking coming through

TLJ >> RotS = RotJ > ESB > ANH > TPM > AotC

>neither lists TFA
>it was literally that forgettable
Get fucked, JJ.

oh shit lmao didn't even notice that. yeah, TFA is my least favorite one. genuinely prefer AotC

This.

how about it being a garbage movie!? Movies can be plain garbage without getting political, even if the inserted politics take away from the movie as well. It's a bad movie, user. Accept it. Be humble.

POSITIVES
>far and away the most space-based star wars
>resistance plot is speed in space and pulls it off well
>despite being a woman with purple hair, holdo is a captivating character with plenty of shades of grey
>prequel trilogy actually gets some love in the canto bight sequence calling back phantom menace's tatooine act
>rey shows weaknesses and faults (actually fleshing out her character)
>kylo shows strengths and doubts about allegiences (actually fleshing out his character)
>luke has failed and this actually effects his plot unlike some superhero who is heroic for the sake of being heroic
>fucking puppet yoda
>the suicide run was straight out of my animes
>snoke was a chump and the twist that he really wasn't that important felt good since trying to make him even more evil than sidious would have just been embarrassing
>luke vs kylo
>fuck you, porgs are adorable, didn't effect the plot like ewoks, and were kept mostly in the background
>papabacca
>hoth's placement always bothered me by making the rest of the movie sort of anticlimactic, action-wise; krait at the end was a fitting 'final stand'
>the 'true' story of luke searching kylo, becoming horrified, and then resisting the dark side fits perfectly with his character and actually bridges the OT and ST unlike Han and Leia
>johnson (who i don't care for) actually broke the boring abrams/spielberg/cameron mold and inserted a good amount of panache in the direction

NEGATIVES
>finn and rose didn't do much to endear me to them
>luke's exit wasn't quite as centerplaced as I would have hoped

Overall, 7/10. 3rd best SW after ANH and ESB. It seems normies hated it because it made TFA pointless, which was good in my book because TFA was a pointless movie to begin with.

>despite being a woman with purple hair, holdo is a captivating character with plenty of shades of grey

Stopped reading right there.

It was better than TFA but still crap. Remove the quips, cringe humor and there is something interesting going on between Rey and Ben I guess. I liked the opening fleet action but it leads to nothing. But then there is just so much filler.

Probably the most cucked post I've ever read

I don't understand the qualms with humor in this one. C-3PO's only purpose in the OT is comic relief and Han is 50% quips.

>t.

No, The Last Jedi is out and I still think The Force Awakens is garbage. You sound like a casual who is easily entertained by flashy visuals.

Yes, because TLJ can only be good if it's validated by IX. All of the things left unanswered and all of the things undone can be fixed in IX and redeem the whole thing.

Holy fuck this is cult-like.
I'm liberal as hell. Movie was corporate shit.

>I'm liberal as hell
kil yourself kike

Well we were all waiting to find out if Rey was a Skywalker or Obiwan or whatever but a nobody of nobodies who sold her for space drug money.

I'm conservative as hell, movie was enjoyable and too smart for prequel fanboys.

>Well we were all waiting to find out if Rey was a Skywalker or Obiwan or whatever but a nobody of nobodies who sold her for space drug money.
I was extremely happy when it was neither because that would have been spanish soap opera tier bad writing.

>too smart

Keep hearing this. WTF was the "too smart" part?

Turning Luke into a doddering old hermit? Doesn't sound smart...sounds like the laziest character development ever.

>complains rey has no character flaws
>complains when luke does
This would be an example of "too smart."

It's not and we don't work like that, we knew TFA was shit months before everyone agreed with us

Same reason everything "kino" is actually shit.

Kylo was lying, or bluffing and has no idea. Mark my words, they are siblings. If they're not, then we can all finally say this trilogy was a mistake, and the star wars universe is finished.
No moron, it would be thematic, it would be interesting, it would make sense.

Luke's flaws are established, and his characterization is the most minor problem of the movie.

How about the nigger and the chink who serve no purpose? Cutting them out would give more time for Rey to actually train and maybe even suffer a setback.

How is there a contradiction?

Rey is young, Luke is old. Character flaws are addressed with age and experience, especially in a fictional setting. And especially when the latter worked hard through three movies to become the best person possible.

The movie's themes are learning from and moving past failure. The resistance plot on Canto Bight is an utter failure but Rose and Finn learn to depend on one another in spite of it.

Christ, fucking take a step back people, the scenes are not just picked out of a hat randomly, they actually connect to each other on a thematic level.

I legit feel bad if you think your dad never has doubts or makes mistakes now that he's older. And he doesn't even have to deal with universe-ending threats.

Nobody cares about Shrek or Boyooga. I thought Rey was the protagonist?

I legit feel bad if you're so fucking retarded you can accept Rey can effortlessly work the Millennium Falcon, a blaster, a Light Saber and the Force itself with no training or any significant character development.

I can accept Luke backpedaling, but actually changing places with this over fucking Mary Sue? Fuck that.

Luke's flaw is being old. Everything old is bad and wrong.

You thought there was only one protagonist?

Grow men from all around the world arguing about a fast paced teenage movie with low emotional/dramatic content on the kino section of anime discussion website known to abuse people and legality.

>its just le 4chin that doesn't like it!
Half the people who watched it thought it was garbage

It's shit, properly shit. It will never not be shit.

The original point of contention was Luke and had nothing to do with Rey. Since you can understand his flaws, I'm glad we agree.

Reminder that TFA and TLJ take place over the course of 4 to 7 days.

>Rey goes from literally who to the hero of the universe in 7 days
>Rey didn't even know about the force 7 days earlier
>Finn was a stormtrooper 7 days ago, and now rebel chicks are lifting their shirts for him

How many times do I have to watch it until the Finn and Rose plot becomes good?

Sounds like she's got quite a lot of natural potential.

Until the theme of failure and how people deal with it connects with you. So, probably quite a few more times.

It helps to drink a big glass of soy milk 1-2 hours before watching.

>Reminder that TFA and TLJ take place over the course of 4 to 7 days.

Reminder that this was just so Johnson could work in that tossing the light saber over his shoulder "joke"...no other reason.

The failure is supposed to elicit a change in the characters. It doesn't, so it's pointless.

But that's exactly what Rian was going for. "I'm just subverting your expectations XDDD"

Repeat hourly until you start to develop bitch tits.

This is the stupidest copout answer ever.

He is literally an autist, considering this is his excuse for everything.

Rose realizes that running away is sometimes necessary in contrast to her introduction. Finn realizes that he will fail if he tries to do everything on his own.

did they though?
birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/12/20/the-curious-case-of-the-last-jedi-and-its-rotten-tomatoes-audience-score

Running away wasn't necessary because they didn't accomplishe anything. In fact, she ruined the only heroic moment in the entire film.

Why are we supposed to care about these sideshow characters anyway?

Those darn Russians at it again.

Ballsy sounds to patriarchal.
I think it's very very clitory

I really really like that movie

> everyone that doesn't like the movie is an autistic manchild

Bobby Lee should have been relegated to the star-struck miment when he stopped Finn from bailing.
Their whole social agenda adventure should have been replaced with a Finn & Poe adventure on the Dreadnaught where they are hunted by Phasma. This would have given better char dev to known entities and made the finn/phasma fight mean something.

If they'd done just that it would still only be mediocre. Still would need to change ALL of the leaders on both sides and give us a real Luke fight.

So you're saying you weren't convinced by the evidence presented in the article?

Okay, so what's the argument for this movie being so good, apparently?

It is good but I am mad anyway

No one agrees with you but Disney. The movie was shit, Rey is shit, and you are shit for thinking it was good, uncultured swine.

>strawman
>false equivalency
Nobody thinks Russia hacked the vote tallies buddy

She dyed the shades of grey

You dummy.

The animals were there to show you there really was no escape from the cave. It is only after the cannon was fired that the cavern in the back opened up and the animals could escape. If Finn had stopped the cannon, the rebels would still be trapped and down a man.

Fuck, I understand why people didn't like the movie now. Because they couldn't fucking corroborate cause, effect, and theme.

2/3 of the movie is good/doing interesting things with the lore. So yeah I liked it, but I won’t make excuses for the bad stuff

Reminder that It is canon that if rey was to hypothetically become chronically addicted to deathsticks and never use the force for decades on end, she would be just as strong and experienced as a kylo ren that trained non-stop with the force and physical combat...

But I hear you're all white males? please don't shit on such brilliant character balancing and arcs you sexist scum.

>the only heroic moment in the entire film.
If you seriously thought that suicide charge was supposed to be heroic, you're a massive pleb who clearly wasn't paying any attention to the movie.

Apparently the themes were so well later and subtle that half you mongs didn't realize basic narrative motivations and payoffs because you were so used to senile Lucas and Jew Jew. And that is one of the purest definitions of a pleb-filter.

I know I asked you last time, but have you watched the movie yet?

most agrees with him except the mass of virgins from Sup Forums

Is this why people hate? I thought it was shot cause it was filled with jarring cuts, shitty dialougue, holes bigger than the plot itself, and an overall lack of emotion. In fact the only thing it had going for it was the cutsie animals and the jokes. Plus the one shot with purple haired bitches sacrifices herself. That was pretty legit.

That's why she's still a Skywalker and Kylo was lying.

Am I the only one that thinks Rouge One is the best star wars since the originals?

Nope. Loved TLJ, hated TFA and Rogue One.

Just curious but do you think Empire Strikes Back has a theme or did it manage to exist without one?

It didn't really even need an explanation. The Death Star was giant, space-faring vessel with a massive energy consumption, it isn't like A New Hope was making crazy leaps of logic when they proposed firing a torpedo at part of the station's energy systems could destroy it. It is like shooting the gas tank of a car, there doesn't need to be a movie explaining it.

Nice meme, but you forgot the part where you actually attempted to form a rebuttal.