Hello Sup Forums. How likely is it that we see an old republic film on the big screen? Be honest with me

Hello Sup Forums. How likely is it that we see an old republic film on the big screen? Be honest with me

why the fuck would you want them to ruin the old republic

Small chance that its pure kino. If it sucks I can just pretend its not canon, like all the nu wars.

You know they can make an Old Republic era movie without borrowing influence from either Tales of the Jedi or KOTOR style of aesthetic, right? We’re definitely going to see one, it’s just a matter of how creative they get.

100%.

This Empire/First Order shit is already running thin. They need some new ideas in this franchise.

Do you really want to? I don't because I know it'll be disappointing.

I feel like in the old republic era they can start afresh and create something really original and good

10 bucks says there will be a big tease st the end of episode ix probably a post credit scene teasing the old republic.

bet you it becomes a show on the new disney streaming service

How the fuck do they tease the old republic at the end of ep9? makes no sense

Post credit scenes don’t have to take place in the present there could be a flash back at the end of 9

Why would you want Disney touching something you seem to adore?

It's likely we will see something in the Old Republic era. I doubt they'll take already established characters and plots.

Fuck off. I don't want more EU material to be cannibalized by the mouse.

Cast her

Literally what Rey shouldve been.

Jennifer Hale

There is still hope young user

kate beckinsale

We will definitely see it on screen, but it's hard to say to what degree.

A movie trilogy isn't out of the question, but I think a tv show is much more likely

The only way I can see it working if its of the budget of game of thrones. Else it will feel like a cheap knockoff.

Does Yoda appear in these games? I mean he's 900 yo and all

But you know they wont

game happens 2000yrs before prequels

Can you hit up a synopsis so i don't have to wikipedia?

I see, does Yoda appear in any game at all?

SWTOR drinking game
- take a shot every time something from the movies gets slightly redesigned and then appears thousands year in the past (Imperial Star Destroyers, Imperial crest, clone troopers, droidekas, LAAT gunships, Millenium Falcon...)
- take a shot every time music is pulled straight from the movies and slapped without any changes onto any given situation (Duel of the Fates, Battle of the Heroes, Imperial March, Anakin's Dark Deed, Grevious's theme...)

Why couldn't they just set the movies far in the future where the EU hadn't really touched?

That way they could come up with new ideas and build up a new threat that wouldn't undo everything from ROTJ

Only appearance I know is Force Unleashed 2 and it's rather pointless. Just says hi to Starkiller and that's it.

She's like Rey in that she's female, she has a British accent, she has bullshit force powers and she can be a brat.

Other than that, she's not like Rey at all. Her story and role in the plot is completely different.

You would be dead by the end of the opening cinematic.

A movie based on Malgus would be great.

But then we wouldn't see Han and Luke... get killed.

Episode 7 should have been the True Sith invading the New Republic.
It would be visually fresh as they'd have a fantasy aesthetic, with old school technology and armor.

Like Rey, british, strong force powers, can be a pain
But her force powers are explained and she actually struggled to grow strong, has an interesting backstory, her being a pain in the ass is more hardcore tsundere then just being a pain.

shes also not a mary sue because she falls to the dark side and has lots of character flaws, but her battle meditation capability still makes her a jedi of note

because KOTOR 1 isn't actually all that great
aside from the big plot twist toward the end the story is mostly shallow and generic
haven't played KOTOR 2 yet though so maybe that one's actually better, who knows, but KOTOR 1 is absolutely nothing special

Reminder that if you want a TOR film directed by Christopher Nolan

You are absolutely 100% correct

Sounds to me like you'll enjoy the second one.

Very likely, since they threw the EU under "legends" so they can copy it and make money out of it.

If they could get Sara Kestelman to play Kreia it could be pure kinography.

I'm actually replaying 2 right now. It improves vastly upon Kotor 1 gameplay wise and still holds up today. The Restoration mod fills in a lot of the story, but the game does a really good job of exposing the major flaws in the jedi philosophy and how dogma and authoritarianism can fuck over someone trying to do the right thing.

No but there is one yoda clone character that teaches you shit. Yoda is 900 years old and kotor is 4000 years before ANH.

Well that's definitely what I want, then they couldn't just reuse the same shit characters and plotlines of the past 40 years

...Right?

It's funny as Kylo Ren is clearly a rip off of Jacen Solo who at least had a compelling reason for why he became a Sith.

Ben and Rey are clearly just Jacen and Jaina Solo lite.

Hershlag

KOTOR 1 is one of my fav games and I agree, the combat is shit, the gameplay is shit, however it's the setting, the music and general atmosphere that I love about the game and yes, kotor 2 does have more complex writing however I still hold kotor 1 closer to my heart.

Rian Johnson's trilogy is probably going to be in this setting. It's the only thing that makes sense.

kotor 1 is like the ANH. it's just a solid adventure story with good pacing and execution.

idk if my kotor 2 was bugged or what but the game was really lacking in exposition until the very last moments of the game, which felt really horrible for pacing. it had more creative concepts but it felt much more sloppy in execution, probably due to an early forced release

also bastila is best girl

Kylo needs to decapitate Luke's redhead wife

Seeing as how it's retconned probably roughly 0%

This fucker is far too intimidating for a disney SW villain

>It improves vastly upon Kotor 1 gameplay wise
combat feels smoother but the game is much easier in kotor 2. you level up way too fast and your early access to jedi powers means you become godlike too quickly and you trivialize the content by one shotting every motherfucker

kotor 1 you kinda had to struggle in the early game and really only become OP towards the endgame

Another reason why the new trilogy sucks, no Mara Jade.

cast them

For God's sake though, they need to fucking retcon TOR. That fucking game ruined Revan and the Exile. KOTOR 1 and 2 are basically inconsequential in the long run because of it

>She's like Rey in that she's f
So exactly Rey.
Goddamn, could you imagine a tsundere Rey falling to darkness?

>looks exactly like Rian Johnson

They're brining TOR into lore, because they're trying to make their own acceptable non-EU lore. Would you shit the bed if Rian's new triology was TOR?

Sylvia Hoeks as Brianna. You know I'm right.

>him
>implying they won't make Revan a black transgender woman or a genderqueer character

I guess the TOR storylines itself arent that bad, just anything it did with the original KOTORs was plain terrible.

I would shit the bed if I ever had to watch anything created by that hack.