Ridley Scott on Star Wars

>Has Kathleen Kennedy offered you a Star Wars movie?
>No, no. I’m too dangerous for that.

>Why is that?
>Because I know what I’m doing. [Laughs.]

HAHAHAHAHAHA

vulture.com/2017/12/ridley-scott-all-the-money-in-the-world-reshoots.html

lmao based demented old scott saying like it is again

RidlJUST

He's proven time and time again he doesn't, he just captured lightning in a bottle on accident.

>I know what im doing

*Alien: Covenant blocks your path*

Why. Why.

That might have been worth watching.

>I know what I’m doing
>which is why Deckard is a replicant

HA HA HA HAAA
HAHAHAHAHAA HAA HA HA HA HA HA AHA H

this
narcistic fuck should get a new job

>"I know what I’m doing"
*makes 25 Alien prequels*

>made a good movie for the last time like 30 years ago
>"I know what I’m doing. [Laughs.]"

>I know what I'm doing [laughs anxiously]

>I love the advent of Netflix and what it means to people like me. It suits me down to the ground. I’d love to do a ten-hour mini-series myself, personally. [David] Fincher’s got the best show on the air right now.

>Mindhunter?
>Yeah. Fincher’s a bit like me, very anal, compulsive. But he’s very good, and that proves that audiences want good. They don’t want shit; they want good.

>You’re very different than Fincher in the amount of takes you ask for, though. You want no more than a handful, and he can sometimes go up to a hundred.
>He overdoes that a bit. There’s a great English director, Ken Loach, and he loves 40 takes. He goes until the actor is fuckin’ exhausted. Imagine it! I think he likes to exhaust them until it’s “real.”

I like how he mentions Ken Loach as if he's some indie director of art films that no one's heard of, and not someone nominated for an oscar last year

THE LEAD IN MINDHUNTER IS A SHIT ACTOR AND HIS GF IS POSSIBLY THE SHITTEST

>Because I know what I’m doing.

Doesn't seem like it. I liked Gladiator though.

I genuinely don't understand Kennedy. I'm completely serious. Scott is a little too typewriter happy with his scripts, so not him...but I COULD understand why she would potentially hire risky/indie directors for the spin off's.

But what was she thinking with the central franchise? That SHOULD solely be the domain of blooded, highly qualified writers and directors. Bringing in Gore Verbinski and the orignal Pirates writers etc to handle it.

The weird thing is that she also hires indie directors to helm the more risky spin off's (while not making them about Boba Fett or side characters, but sticking to more on-paper appealing prequels) and then fires and replaces them with Ron Howard etc.

She genuinely seems idiotic.

You could have nabbed J.J., Gore Verbinski (Rossio/Elliot to write) and Ron Howard and Peter Morgan for the last film AND had all the writers get together and hash out a trilogy plan.

If she wanted a higher quality for the Spin Off films, bring in Disney hacks like Burton/Favreau etc or middle run sci-fi professionals.

I honestly think all of this fuck up is on Kennedy.

Rian Johnson was terrible, sure, but why in the fuck was he in that position?

People forget that Scott can make really good, professional studio pictures when he's got a limited time and doesn't get to """""""""develop""""""""" the script himself.

Look at The Martian or All The Money In The World.

When it gets dangerous is when he gets input into the script. See Robin Hood.

I had no idea about Ken Loach doing that, which seems weird given his films.

I know that was Kubrick's mantra apparently.

Fincher is just anal.

Groff is a good actor, he's been on Broadway forever and got a ton of praise there. His girlfriend though...fucking WOOF, idk if she was directed to be this way or she can't deliver a single line without it sounding flat and sarcastic.

>You put out two movies this year. I’ve heard you were asked to come aboard a third after the director was fired. Was it Bohemian Rhapsody, the Bryan Singer film?
>I can’t answer that.

>Finally, a question you won’t answer. That might be an answer in itself.
>[Grins.]

[GRINS]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

He is too crappy to direct even Star Wars.

Based Ridley
even alien covenant made more money than FLOP RUNNER 2049

nobody cares about that canadian fuck. ridley is the real kino maker.

The director for Bohemian Rhapsody was already confirmed. It's the guy from Lock Stock.
Ridley's just verbally shitposting again as usual

This old man has the mouth of a longshoreman.

ridley the absolute madman

an experienced director expects to be in charge and not to be micromanaged by committee

he claims in the same interview that he had script input in Blade Runner 2049
Which explains a bit

Right, but that's also kind of why you hired an experienced, qualified director - Because they can do the job. If the committee could do the job, they'd be the director.

It's illogical. On some level, it feels like she wanted to do the Marvel system, but the Marvel system is extremely safe and heavily mapped out. They have a pipeline with a clear end goal and system they utilize to make their products. They can hire low budget directors, because utlimately all they're doing is keeping the train on the track.

She's hiring low budget directors and then saying;

>Go wild. Give us something great!

>Oh, this is shit...quick, get experienced studio hack #393 on the phone to come clean this up

Fiege is like;

>Here's your film. Make sure to call action and cut on time and under budget. Don't worry about the designs or the performances or anything else. That's already been looked after.

>when we confirm a director is doing reshoots they are the only director we ever spoke to and we never ever contact anyone else beforehand

Don't pretend for even a second that "LOL A CRAZY GAY ROBOT CREATED THE ALIEN" isn't the type of shitty idea that Kennedy would go crazy over.

people aren't perfect and make stupid mistakes

This is the same sort of thinking that leads people down into conspiracy thinking
>government MUST know what its doing
>but it made mistakes
>clearly they aren't mistakes but a big plot

The major franchises hire competent yes-men cause they dont fight back against executive interference. But when marvel and Star Wars are making billions who can blame them.

He's borderline senile these days and lost a lot of credibility with the alien prequels, but you gotta admit that was some good bantz from the geezer.

>Was it Bohemian Rhapsody, the Bryan Singer film?
I legitimately had no idea Singer was directing the Freddie Mercury biopic. Just checked the wikipedia page to see the cast of the rest of the band and what would you know, madman Singer cast the same twink faggot he had as Angel in Apocalypse as Roger Taylor. Some men truly can't be stopped.

It's not conspiracy thinking though - it's the opposite.

I'm not saying Kennedy made these decisions because she had an ulterior motive to ruin Star Wars.

I'm saying she made these decisions because she's an idiot who is bad at the job.

Feige and Marvel aren't like that.
Basically, they created a list of guidelines and rules the directors are required to follow with the comics as north and a small group to preapprove the scenes.
Directors and writers have a limited space and that's why no big names are into it. You'll see a lot of tv directors working for Marvel because they want the yes men to do what they're doing since ever.

fucking apex kek