Jashi Salt - Sup Forums edition

We've been laughing about how buttblasted tumblr is over Jashi, but can we talk about Sup Forums's response to the ship and the show at large post ep 3? All of these comments came from a single thread from yesterday. Are we really any better than tumblr if people feel comfortable posting this shit without a shred of embarrassment?

>red board
Either Sup Forums or /r9k/, neither of which are capable of anything but saying mean things inside their own little bubbles.

You do realize you can change the layout on every board, right?

Yeah but I hate design changes.

I didn't, actually. Why would you bother?
The point stands, though: no one pathetic enough to post shit like that is ever going to do anything about it.

>Genndy a hack
>Genndy a jew
Is he also a manlet? Because then we're Gravity Falls all over again.

What shit? Their opinions? What exactly is so embarrassing? The talk about bullying Genndy is a bit much, but otherwise what's the big deal? That they don't line up with your opinions exactly?

it's at the bottom right of every page

I do prefer Yotsuba B though

>using any theme but Tomorrow
Fucking plebs.

So why is everyone so mad? Is it just waifu faggotry? I haven't been fallowing this series at all, not even the original series. But I keep seeing all these shitty threads and was wondering what the faggotry is about

For some reason light text on dark backgrounds is really hard for me to read

Pussies.

Nah but he's literally Star Wars Man.

But it makes me sleepy. How am I supposed to contribute quality discussion to threads all day if I'm asleep?

>What shit? Their opinions?
EXACTLY!

My negro. Everything else is just so rough on the eyes.

It's just angry nerds that hate the fact that the main character finally got with a woman and hate that Genndy, the director, was probably very smug after making that scene, hell, that whole episode.

>Hitler reaction image
Yeah that's Sup Forums

Every place on the internet is trash because it's infested by memeing 12-year-olds.

Genndy decided that what Samurai Jack really needed was a hamfisted romance with a boring monkey-faced waifu instead of a planned out and well constructed build up to the finale.

He knew some people would be pissed. He even put it back on after it faded to black to rub the salt in the wound.

In short, the first three episodes were both grimdark and essentially perfect in terms of pacing and just about everything else. However, as Jack conquered his inner demons, the show started to adopt the more light-hearted atmosphere that it had in the original series, which pissed off the people who wanted an edgy reboot. In addition, there have been pacing issues and other flaws in most of the episodes, but nothing warranting the 'COME ON Sup ForumsMRADES LET'S RUIN GENNDY'S CAREER!' bullshit.

And of course, the addition of Jack's waifu threw a lot of fuel on the fire, particularly in regards to the people who wanted an edgy grimdark ending with a loner hero that they can identify with. The last episode pretty much crushed any hope that this would happen. As much as the haters are unwilling to admit it most of the time, the addition of romance killed the series for them, and they're blowing minor flaws completely out of proportion to justify why they're so goddamn mad.

It's building to the finale. She's becoming the reason Jack still gives a shit in the first place.

Two or three more episodes would have fixed most of the minor pacing issues.

What a embarrassing thread, I guess you can't expect much from Sup Forums

>What exactly is so embarrassing?

It has nothing to do with their opinions. They're having emotional breakdowns over a cartoon character getting laid. If you look at this and can't see a problem with how they're acting, then you need to re-evaluate your life.

Well, yeah. That whole sloppy editing towards the end and Dean Martin playing over the red Jack eyes was really very well done, it even made me kind of mad and I don't mind the romance.

What emotional breakdowns are there in that screencap?

That makes it worse. Romance is fine, but it's being handled very poorly here. Not that I expect waifufags to be able to acknowledge that.

>someone saying they've never been so upset in their life
>someone concocting a scheme to try and make "normies" hate the show
>someone saying that WE need to work to make Genndy a laughing stock in the industry
>"I'm genuinely outraged"
>happy that Tumblr is chimping out over Jashi even if it's for batshit insane reasons
>"There's far more talent on Sup Forums alone than in the entire GLOBAL animation industry"

...seriously?

The grandiose statements of nerds saying they are better than the entire entertainment industry. Trying to shut down a man career lol like hey could

Those are both different grandiose reactions that are co-morbid with mental breakdowns

Oh yeah, the entire episode was a giant fuck you to anti-shippers and anyone who wanted the show to go full grimdark. It was so ridiculously over-the-top that they can't not have been sending a message. It was glorious.

Not what I would call a breakdown. Just being dramatic.

>dropped the shark
This triggered me

What do you think constitutes a breakdown online? I'd say conspiring to ruin someone's career and getting angrier than one's ever been over two drawings making out comes pretty damn close.

The way they capitalize their words leads me to believe they're from tumblr.

>He doesn't shitpost in his sleep

I shitpost in my dreams.

>he actually thought Jack was ever going to get back to the past

Hey, you're right.
It's really interesting to see tumblr and /r9k/ shitposting in unison. Perhaps their hatred for Jashi will bring them together and they won't be lonely anymore. :')

Do you shitpost about dreams in your dream shitposts?

EVERYBODY LOVES SOMEBODY

LITERAL SHAKING type posts are breakdowns. Like (even though I have my doubts that that is anything more than a shitpost).

That user isn't actually conspiring to ruin Genndy's career (like they could), and the other one ins't actually getting angrier than they've ever been over this. Are you really not familiar with concept of hyperbole? Blowing hot air? Do you take everything at face value like this?

>another SJ thread

Caps lock isn't the only way to express UNSPEAKABLE ANGER, user. It's also used for comedic effect.

>That user isn't actually conspiring to ruin Genndy's career (like they could)

He was actively conspiring to get "normies" to hate the season and rally up troops on Sup Forums. He was shitting up the entire thread to the point where even people on 'his side' were telling him to calm down. It was some genuine outrage.

>Are you really not familiar with concept of hyperbole? Blowing hot air? Do you take everything at face value like this?

Well, we just can't know whether or not any emotional statement is hyperbole online unless the author denotes it. However, if you're angry enough over a cartoon that you think it's reasonable to state that you've never been angrier or that you want to ruin somebody's career then you're making a fool of yourself. Those aren't normal responses, even for hyperbole. It's a moot point.

>/r9k/ and Sup Forums-exposed children mad because MUH STRONG FEMALE
>/soc/ faggots mad because Jack got some pussy
>retards actually thinking the series would end with Jack going back to the past

>be khv
>revival of one of the best Western cartoons occurs
>revival is fun and highly enjoyable despite minor flaws
>critics love it along with almost everyone else
>be physically incapable of enjoying it because MC finds love and happiness and you can't
>rage about it on Sup Forums to try and make fans as miserable as you

COMMENCING DUMP

Contrarians gonna contrarian.

>Sup Forums
>tumblr
>Reddit
Based Gendy BTFO everyone.

Does anyone have any of those screenshots of that one guy going "JASHI FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH. 7 EPISODES IN AND NOT A HINT OF A ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP"

>The state of Sup Forums
>The state of tumblr
>The state of reddit

Pottery.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE

IT CAN STILL HAPPEN GUYS!

The layout was changed to fit the pink theme of the background picture.

The first post on the pic is mine.

Anyone remember what was up with this one?

ABSOLUTELY DELUSIONAL

That looks like it was pulled straight from Wizardchan.

Virgins are underrepresented in media, even mocked. Why does that bother you so much?

There's nothing wrong with being a virgin; it becomes a problem when it bitters people to the point where they can't handle on-screen romances and try to ruin the experience for everyone else or claim that a solid piece of media is terrible because of it. Like, it's one thing if you can't relate to the MC anymore and personally dislike the series. It's another when you sperg out everywhere claiming that the series was ruined or calling for the creator's career.

>Be a guy who wants big hot tigerman dick in my life
>Somehow I can be happier for Jack getting a girl than most normal people

I just don't get it. You should be happy that Jack has someone to love that isn't Aku in disguise.

You're missing the point of this whole outrage.

True, some people can't relate anymore, but that's just one personal bit of the problem. By now those people have accepted the new character, and they still see the very obvious flaws from introducing such character into something people had really high hopes for.

It wasn't done well, the samurai was put in the background for a fucking ship and being witty about the rating. 2 episodes and the show is gone, although it's already gone for a lot of us that wanted much more.

In 10 episodes? On top of that, the show has been about Jack. Even the Ashi moments were about Jack. If you can't see this then they'll have to spell it out for you for you to understand.

>By now those people have accepted the new character

That's certainly not true of a lot of the outrage-posters.

>they still see the very obvious flaws from introducing such character into something people had really high hopes for.

Aside from pacing issues, most of the problems people have seem to be subjective. There are tons of people who like Ashi as a character are happy that Jack's finally found love. Similarly, there are a lot of people who found the last episode fun and enjoyable. There's no pleasing everyone.

Ep 1-3 are about Jack getting character development
Ep 4 was about babysitting Ashi.
Ep5 was about teaching Ashi why Aku is evil
Ep6 was about teaching Ashi why Jack is good
Ep7 was about sitting around to get back the sword
Ep8 was about Ashi and Jack kissing

It feels like Ashi was an insert character for people who didn't watch the previous seasons. I didn't liked that, and i'd have prefered that it was just Jack solving his shit like the old times, but that's that. Good for the people who lead normal lives and have this as side entertainment i guess. Once again, it was our own fault to keep shouting kino and overhyping shit, like every goddamn time.

Dude what? Did children's shows get sexier when I wasn't looking or something?

Or is your argument that more adult shows should have virgins? You realize that most normal adults do in fact have sex, right?

It does bother me a lot sex is never mentioned in children's show, and suddenly everything is about sex with adult stuff. As if sex was the only defining quality of an adult.

Did we really need a pinis joke in SJ?

>Did we really need a pinis joke in SJ?

There was one in the first Scotsman episode.

SJ was always one of those shows where you could tell that the writers would have made it much racier if it weren't on a children's network. Some of the female character designs are highly sexualized, and there's frequent references to booze, which is a big no-no in children's programming today.

Excuse me sounding tumblr for a minute but the "born sexy yesterday" thing is legit

I wouldn't mind the romance if the love interest was a better character. Jack could have anybody, why a brainwashed child in a woman's body? She's literally Peridot, only attractive

I knew it was going to go like this but there's a reason people saw the relationship as father/daughter-like. Why can't Jack be with a woman who's on his level of maturity? Well maybe not HIS level because Jack has experienced more than any other human, but the level of a grown woman at least

>Did we really need a pinis joke in SJ?

No, but subverting expectation is the core of humor. And Scaramouche's quip worked excellently, since I noticed multiple people going 'what the hell, that guy looks like a dick' before Scaramouche agreed with the audience.

Cock jokes aren't new to Jack, either. There's an entire episode surrounding Jack being naked, and the Scotsman doesn't want Jack looking at his dick when they meet.

>Excuse me sounding tumblr for a minute but the "born sexy yesterday" thing is legit

Excuse me for sounding correct for a minute, but no, it isn't.

See also this.

Ashi doesn't fit BSY, and neither does Jack (especially not Jack).

>here's how daughterfags can still win

Jack was never mocked for being a naive virgin, dude. You're being mocked for being a gross social cripple, not for being able to dip your wick.

Jack is a lot more experienced in life and simply seeing him not hurting a bug was this big revelation to her. I'm not speaking of their romantic experience, I know Jack is like a teen himself when it comes to that

But she's literally like a kid. What's attractive about somebody you once had to strap to your back like a screaming toddler? Why are women with childlike personalities so fetishized in fiction?

>simply seeing him not hurting a bug was this big revelation to her.

Because it was the first time she'd ever seen someone show any inclination like her own, and it was out of a man she'd been brainwashed to think was literally the devil.

There's nothing childish about Ashi. Naive at times, yes, but then again - so is Jack. That's pretty much what binds them together, they were both raised and molded for a single purpose: violence. Jack was just fortunate enough to have mentors who were acting out of necessity rather than malice.

They're both emotionally stunted and inexperienced in terms of social life. Ashi's entire life was dedicated to eliminating what she thought was the world's source of evil (Jack). Jack's entire life was dedicated to eliminating the world's source of evil. Neither of them had the opportunity to pursue anything beyond their given duty. Neither of them had hit any adult milestones that foster personal development. In addition, Jack's been severely mentally ill for decades, and untreated depression and PTSD seriously impede personal development. His decades wandering are probably a haze wherein he was a prisoner in his own mind. Jack and Ashi's relationship allows them both to break the chains of duty that have essentially reduced them into weapons so that they can grow as people.

>could've had edgy GUTS Samurai Jack
>instead we get cringy DISNEY Samurai Jack

I am very upset

Genddys self insert fugg

Jack and Aku are OTP

You had edgy Jack for the first three episodes. Then he had to develop and move on.

You know, unlike the plot of Berserk.

>Muh jack who hasn't gotten his dick wet in 65 years of pain and suffering not raising a full grown woman.

As rushed as it may be Jack fucking earned this.

Someone could have a wounded past and help and relate to Jack without being so sheltered they're confused at the sight of a deer. The point to her character was for people to go "Aw, the dangerous assassin is actually a clueless child once you get to know her, poor thing doesn't know anything". And THAT's Jack's love interest?

Why not like, a woman who adopted the samurai way after hearing of Jack's achievement's? That way she too would be a celibate teen when it comes to romance, like him, and be a strong fighter like him, but her life was full of experiences and failures and she isn't a naive child. As hard as she tried she couldn't change the world, and was almost losing hope, but then she meets her hero and is shocked to see him losing hope too - and she won't let that happen, because she's seen how much he's done during her travels through the world, she knows how great he is and how much hope he gave to the world, and herself, etc etc etc anything but a brainwashed bimbo

>Because it was the first time she'd ever seen someone show any inclination like her own,
Exactly. Making the simplest gesture seem amazing
Jack's met all kinds of people all over the world, Ashi knew nobody but her sisters and her mom until Jack, it's a hallmark of BSY

You dumbasses all realize the romance is only there so that Ashi's inevitable death has more weight, right? She's going to die.

Prove it.

>The point to her character was for people to go "Aw, the dangerous assassin is actually a clueless child once you get to know her, poor thing doesn't know anything".

No, stop projecting. The point was to demonstrate how isolated the sisters were, and how they did not recognize affection because they'd never experienced it. Confusion and a discomfort with something that spoke instinctively was the point. It drives home just how thoroughly the High Priestess has demonized them, confirms her work is complete.

It's setting-building to help the viewer to understand why the Daughters don't defend one another from lethal attacks, why they could just leave their dead sister without mourning her, why Ashi acted with manic violence when someone WASN'T trying to kill her.

Ashi is a more relevant character than your suggestion because she speaks to the sort of evil Aku has created, and which Jack partially blames himself for. It's the whole reason he doesn't just leave her and allows her to come along, he thinks he bears partial blame in her brainwashing. This hasn't come to pass yet, but Ashi is also an ironic device: she's a very literal product of Aku's wickedness, and will almost certainly play a major role in his undoing. Samurai Jack's broad story is very traditional, and the idea of evil being self-defeating is at least as old as Abrahamic religion.

Far from brainwashing Ashi, Jack lets her decide for herself at every step. It's Ashi's choice to follow Jack after they leave the island. It's Ashi's choice to stick around through each bit of evidence Jack shows her. It's Ashi's choice to seek Jack out. It's Ashi's choice to defend Jack, because she's seen what kind of man he is when no one is watching, and she respects him for who he is. When romantic feelings begin to develop, Jack keeps his hands off. When they kiss, it's only after Ashi gives him permission.

Ashi isn't a child any more than Jack.

>Ashi knew nobody but her sisters and her mom until Jack, it's a hallmark of BSY

Doesn't seem likely, considering they tracked Jack down with no trail, which means they were talking to someone. The Woolies heard a rumor about her being a minion of Aku somehow, and it wasn't from Jack or the Dominator or those aliens she saved. Further, Ashi spends days/weeks meeting people, she's socially isolated, not socially crippled.

I knew that Jashi was very possible. I just hopped it didn't happen

Jej

>The point to her character was for people to go "Aw, the dangerous assassin is actually a clueless child once you get to know her, poor thing doesn't know anything"

That sounds like a personal interpretation rather than the one Genndy was trying to portray.