Halo 2 is unironically a better Sci-Fi story with aliens that star wars, star trek...

Halo 2 is unironically a better Sci-Fi story with aliens that star wars, star trek, Alien and any other Sci-Fi space drama will ever be. And this scene better that anything on any of them.

youtube.com/watch?v=8-vdHpvoUJE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zc7ivjUmT2w
youtube.com/watch?v=fjJN08uqt70
youtube.com/watch?v=9ev1ec0Z0GI
youtube.com/watch?v=HKap-qMdG1w
halo.wikia.com/wiki/Gravemind
youtu.be/40jdpzrpIps
youtube.com/watch?v=6yp5jN6kRO0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I LIKE the video gam

I agree

Its not better than Star War or Star Trek, but it is better than the aliens series and most other sci-fi space adventure stuff.

i like the MEMES i post MEMES and i CLAP

chekd n kekd

Halo 1-3 is kino and the Halo OST would be a top 10 movie score if it were for a movie.

No, I think it's better that Star Wars but not that Star Trek. Star Trek has done a lot of stuff. Some of it great, some of it silly, but it's done so much it's hard to compete. Star Wars EU aside you have only 8 movies and the modern ones are eh. The prequels are boring and the original trilogy really isn't better that Halo.

youtube.com/watch?v=zc7ivjUmT2w

The arbiter has one of the best stories in any medium in my opinion. A really great character arc. Ceirtainly the best one about an alien character.

Star Trek is not a "story." It is several series of Science Fiction stories that provide lessons, morals and meaning. Your little cutscene is just action schlock and horror.

>Starcraft FPS ripoff
dropped

desu Halo is kind of boring to watch if it were a movie series instead of a game series.

There isnt any fucking science in Star Trek, it is all fantasy.

>thinks science fiction = science
Name a a movie or TV show that you think is Sci-Fi.

The Expanse

>artificial gravity
Fuck off newfag

Starcraft's story was trash though.

Halo OST is better than any movie score.

"Ranky McRankrank" isn't fit to wash Jim Raynor's jock strap.

Halo 2 ends with a cliffhanger though.

CHECKED KEKD & REKT

OP BTFO ETERNALLY

It's not action. It's a turning point for the Arbiter in the truth regarding Halo. The entire identity of the Covenant, his life itself, being shown to be a lie. It's also an early look into what makes the Flood work.

I suppose it needs context. Meanwhile this random Trek scene is just amazing all around.
youtube.com/watch?v=fjJN08uqt70

>Saying things with a british accent makes it 100% better

That whole episode was great but out of context that scene is just 'censorship is a slipperly slope'.

Sounds like a good lesson to me. All I got from your video was "monster mouth doesn't like helmet man."

>XBAX VIJDO GUM

>this random Trek scene is amazing all around
How about this one?
youtube.com/watch?v=9ev1ec0Z0GI

kek

is everyone just forgetting how kino the commercials for halo were?

youtube.com/watch?v=HKap-qMdG1w

Too bad Halo has gone to shit too. Halo 5 was awful with the whole EEEEVIL Cortana plot. Another reboot that is shit

Dude stop shitting up Sup Forums and don't be coming here to Sup Forums and spewing your shit here.

>All I got from your video was "monster mouth doesn't like helmet man."

It was spelled out almost as clearly as Picard spelled out his Sesame Street level message of free speech. If you missed that I can only assume you're just trolling or clinically retarded.

Fpbp. OP btfo.

>Halo 2
Not Reach

Are there ANY hd remakes that don't ruin the mood and aesthetic of the original game? Why do they ALWAYS change the lighting/colours/art style/whatever instead of just putting in more polygons?

Don't make fun of his rank user, Master Chief Petty Officer is a real naval rank.

I just pretend anything 343 isn't canon and move on with my life.

It's almost like milking a franchise after it decisively ended by continuing it with an entirely different creative team is a BAD thing! Who knew?

videogames are gone
comics are gone
movies are gone

cancel your internet and burn your smartphone, the internet is becoming an algorithmic bot echo chamber and feeding it only furthers cultural erosion and dilution of actual vitall information

It's a shame Halo turned into such shit.

>tfw we will never have a game like destiny but in the post-war halo universe

343 are the fucking worst

But it's not a real name.

The gameplay in Halo was meh but I really enjoyed the story and soundtrack.

That's because he doesn't have one, his "name" is John-117, only people close to him call him John, everybody else just calls him by his rank. There's nothing wrong with that.

Are you familiar with post-trilogy Halo?

too bad those niggers ruined it with 5

Played the shit out of Halo 2 but never saw the cutscenes/singleplayer
So gravemind is like the flood headmaster or some shit?

I think you mean 4

The gravemind can manifest itself anywhere there is flood, its a telepathic being.

So... it's a flood culture?
Like if you put a bunch of humans from the same source into two groups they generally have similar cultures?

It's bootlicking jingoism

halo.wikia.com/wiki/Gravemind

HAHAHA what a fucking moron. Starcraft and Brood War's story was fucking AWESOME.
DROPPED MORON OPINION HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How would you even know kid since you weren't even born when the first Starcraft came out?

>brainlet doesn't understand out of context scene where Audrey 2 bitches at Helmet Man

Too me Halo ended at H3 and ODST was a nice Expo. REACH was a fun stand alone but had a very different feel.
Remember if you make anything and want it to endure, never sell it. Your work will be corrupted, better to let it enjoy its time then die than shamble on a disgusting abomination

>shitter version of 40K
Blizshitters everyone

what did he mean by this?

40k never made two of the greatest RTS games ever made.

lmao don't you know you have to be 18 or older to post here kiddy?

Embarrassing.

I bet I'm older than you.

It's too bad Halo got turned from an interesting scifi grounded universe to a typical generic scifi \Star Wars EU tier universe.

I bet you're an underage mong. fyi retard starcraft is based on 40K, but they couldn't get the rights. Starcraft is the chinese-lite version of 40k.

Yes, yes it is. It went from being fairly hard military sci-fi to whatever space opera bullshit theyre into now

I understand that, I played the original Starcraft at launch as an adult. I don't give a shit about their overpriced miniatures.

>The Warhammer world drew inspiration from Tolkien's Middle-earth, but also from Robert E Howard (Conan the Barbarian) and Michael Moorcock, as well as history, particularly European history
kek

Four, narrative-wise, wasn't bad. It had some of the best Cortana/Chief dialogue in all of the games. Some pretty emotional moments too.

If you knew that prior to me explaining it to you, you'd understand Starshit is well below 40K and Warshit is well below WHF. Almost any other sci-fi setting is superior to Starshit, because Starcraft is a chinese-tier knockoff.

>military sci-fi

Yeah that was the best term for the early Halo canon up before Cryptum. Then is all went off the rails with 343's fanfiction.

To each their own. In the late 90's, the lore aspect of Warhammer and WH40K was barely window dressing. I know reddit loves to gush all over the grimdark, over the top, Todd McFarland version of Dune, but to each their own.

>based on
It wasn't -based- on 40k, it literally started as a W40k game but like you said when they couldn't get the rights they ended up making their own thing. That 'own thing' is what you're supposed to criticize with valid complaints, not its inception.

Wrong setting, also
>inspiration /=/ copy-pasted
Warhammer introduced new things to the fantasy and sci-fi and fantasy world that have become common place. Power weapons and green orks for instance.

Wasn't Neil Blomkamp gonna make a Halo movie at one point? That actually might have been really good, Halo would have been a perfect fit for him.

I just think sci-fi shows and movies need more 'organic' factions in general. The Expanse comes close but it's not quite there.

I realize you're a brainlet, but the appeal of 40K is the over the top grimdarkness which is meant to be satirical. This is one of the reasons why Warcraft/Starcraft is garbage. It's ripoff that doesn't understand that the original setting is satirical amalgamation of cliches and tropes. Starcraft tries and fails to have an ebic story.

Was waiting for this post
>Priestley cites J. R. R. Tolkien, H. P. Lovecraft, Dune, Paradise Lost, and 2000 AD as major influences on the setting.
It's all derivative shlock. Starcraft has compelling characters that you're invested in. Who gives a shit about what color orks are?

>Halo 2 is unironically a better Sci-Fi story with aliens that star wars, star trek, Alien and any other Sci-Fi space drama will ever be.
does it hurt to be that fucking retarded?

>the appeal of 40K is the over the top grimdarkness
Did your band have a Myspace page?

see

>Starcraft has compelling characters that you're invested in

Had.

>Find new species and study it
>Determine planet's atmosphere
>Determine organism or planet composition
>Make cure for disease
>Study new culture

If only there was a way to classify these things broadly...

>WARHAMMER PLEASE INVENT ME

youtu.be/40jdpzrpIps

Halo would have made a great movie. These ad's are amazing.

Back in the day Neil Blomkampf was going to make one.

RIP

youtube.com/watch?v=6yp5jN6kRO0

>meant to be satirical

fucking kys. That's bullshit and any non brainlet knows it, it only flops back to that when they realise they've gone too far, otherwise it's over the top "wow wee lad this is awesome look at how big my machine penis is because my spes marin doesn't have a real one!"

No, I don't, faggot.

>Halo
>Better than Alien

"No!"

>That's bullshit
Do you not realize the over-the-topness is intentionally satirical? Even Rick Priestly has stated it was satirical, especially in the context of the Cold War with dark humor.
>it only flops back to that
Oh I'm talking to a sperging brainlet who just admitted he was wrong.

Halo 2 fucking blew ass.
Halo Combat Evolved was good because it left most stuff up to the imagination. It was simple, straight-forward adventure story that gave you enough to look and wonder at without getting deep enough to where you could notice the thin foundations the universe is based on.

Besides CE the Halo storyline was a convoluted retarded mess,

I'll take 18 y/o cognitive dissonance for 500 please.

>Besides CE the Halo storyline was a convoluted retarded mess

Care to actually explain. How is it convoluted?

It was great until 343 took over. It makes me extremely mad at how incompetent they've been with the lore and story.

Halo 2 is so fucking comfy. OP you have inspired me to play Halo 2 again.

its kinda a weird thing to ask, but anyone wanna give me a history of the brutes? both in and out of lore. why no brutes in 4 or 5? how were they on reach if they werent in ce? they are much tougher in 2 and it works so well as an example of games that ramp up difficulty in later levels, but in 3 they are easier than elites. why? as of now, with 343i lore, whats the first appearance of the brutes?

and why the fuck did it take till halo 5 for the gravity hammer swing while in a vehicle to actually work like its supposed to?

There was only one ship

I thought Halo 2 was a little strange since it was initially setup on Earth and then they warped to another Halo ring.

I feel like Halo 3's story should have happened in #2 pacing wise.

so why did the gravemind team up with them?

Filthy Brutes were all but exterminated following the collapse of the Covenant. No one slaughters the Sangheili Council and gets away with it.

If the Halos were about to be activated, destroying all your food, wouldn't you want to work with them to stop that?