So is Rick and Morty on its way to becoming the new Family Guy?

Extremely unlikable characters with one that is always the butt of the jokes
Random shit is random
Fans that force meme stuff from the show
General smug undertones

it's as bland as it, I wouldn't know how to say it though.

Even if you don't like R&M, you can't just insult it like that.
No show should EVER be compared to Family Guy.

EVER.

Before it went to shit first couple of seasons of Family Guy was good though, I think people forget that. It had rapid-fire jokes and it was very subversive and clever. Reminds me a lot of Rick and Morty.

Rick and Morty is actually a pretty above-average show though.

The fans, however, are dipshits. And not just because they use the show as a vehicle for their political opinions for some absurd reason.

>Family Guy was good though

>BURPZINGA
>reddit audience explodes for so much smartness

What about Cleveland Show or American Dad?

It actually was, the first couple of seasons the humor wasnt so lazy and smug and Peters bullshit wasnt rewarded.

>on its way

it was praised because it wasn't the simpsons. that's all. some of the stewie/brian episodes were alright though.

Underage get out.

>American Dad

Wtf does that even mean? Praised because it wasnt the Simpsons? The fact that it borrows heavily from The Simpsons is one of its major criticisms. I was there when AS first aired Family Guy and it was funny and clever as shit. I was also there when Fox decided to bring it back because of fan support. Dont be an idiot, Family Guy had a lot going for it before it went to shit.

We'll see once it actually starts airing.
One episode isn't enough to track this season's trajectory.
FFS, I haven't seen this much discussion and argument about a series not on air when it wasn't gross fujos wanting characters to smash clams or cram their dicks into each other.

actually it's because I was an adult when family guy premiered that I saw how terrible it was and am not under the influence of adolescent nostalgia.

I agree. It's not THAT bad. At the very least it has interesting visuals and animation which family guy never had.

>Fans that force meme stuff from the show

Yes, God forbid a show actually finds an audience rather than staying your perfect unspoiled virginal secret that you keep locked in your basement when the neighbors come by asking about all the cops in the area as of late.

you are trying too hard to fit in

No you just have shit taste. I can still watch the Twinkie Factory episode and first Brian/Stewie teamup episode and recognize it was once upon a time a good adult comedy cartoon.

no the point is the show is attracting too much cancerous normies and underages, not that its becoming more popular

I was in middle school when it premiered and high school when it was renewed. For a very long time I held the opinion that he first two seasons were good and everything after was shit, but catching reruns made me realize how shit it was then too.

I'd assume that there's a lot of people that want to follow the "early ____ was good" nostalgia fueled meme regardless of the show, but then again this is a board that unironically likes trash like American Dad and faps to MacFarlane character designs.

Just because an episode or two of a show has good bits doesn't mean it's good as a whole. I still quote "LEFT FOOT, RIGHT FOOT" but that episode itself was mediocre.

There's a difference?

Are you STILL butt hurt about samurai hack? Jesus, you can move on, it's okay, your overhyped series isn't going to be interrupted anymore.

those episodes didn't just have a few good bits, the plot was constructed very well and it had solid jokes throughout in terms of 30 min adult comedies.

lol i dont care about the Apri Fools joke, i watch both shows.

yeah because the world is comprised of more than plebs and underage philistines

American Dad is better.