No trailers

>No trailers
>No posters
>No in-character photos
>No tv ads
>Original directors canned
>90% reshoots
>"Release date: May 25, 2018

Holy shit. What the fuck are they doing?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathleen_Kennedy_(producer)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They are going to call it off.

digits decide when they abort the film

Screenshotted this thread. Star Wars shall await your apology whence the May Fourth Be Upon Thee.

>T-theyre waiting for TLJ hype to d-die off
Trying to salvage it as much as possible in the hopes that it will break even or not lose much money, this shit has worse production issues than JL, how did they fuck it up that much? At least JL had the director's daughter die, this was just pure incompetence

I like to imagine there's some editor somewhere sweating profusely at his computer as he tries desperately to edit together a trailer for the movie but he just can't because it's all shit. No matter how he spins it and edits it, it's still not exciting at all.

kek, probably true.

ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS TAKE THIS GUY AND PUT HIM IN SPACE

All they had to do is making a live action of pic related

>ruin Han Solo's character to the point of absurdity in Episode 7
>decide to do a full length movie on the now-ruined character with a different actor

>After all these years, I have finally become Solo: a STAR WARS STORYtm

they are gonna live edit the movie as it premiers.

>mcu is wildly successful beyond anyone's expectations, even the worst film receives decent reception and makes a profit, the bigger movies are global hits, little to no behind the scenes drama
>meanwhile Disney fucks their golden child after 3 movies
How?

Feigie was in charge before Disney and they left him alone, Kennedy has been left alone but has absolutely no idea what she's doing

>they fucked up star wars this bad

I do not understand how

One is run by a man who just wants to make a profit without offending people.
The other is run by a woman who actively hates 50% of the world population.

They'll push back the release date if anything, but they're already reshooting the movie (or are they done?)
They've sunk too much into this, and it's been to high profile to just let it fade away.
Or disney gets "hacked" and its released on the internet.

>The other is run by a woman who actively hates 50% of the world population

Whoa, disney/star wars is run by women? Holy fucking shit that explains so much... It explains the mary sue, the black janitor, the nihilism, the female general who owes nobody no fucking explanation...

I'll remember you when you used to be good Star Wars. The original trilogy. There are people who have the guts to compare last jedi to empire strikes back...

preparing to blame trolls and russians if people dont like it

They don't want to take any hype away from TLJ

Would not be surprised if they push it back to next December

Damn 00.. does that mean they are doing to RIGHT NOW?!?!?!

It'll be pushed back to December like the rest of the Disney Star Wars films.

>What the fuck are they doing?

Preparing to get raped at the box office.

nah they will abort it in the year 2100

Marvel has had LOTS of behind the scenes drama and many fuck ups.

But they hit their stride after a certain point.

Once they got everything working, it worked well - They run the franchise like a TV series, and give directors a LITTLE more control over side character projects.

Star Wars is fucked because Kathleen Kennedy is an incompetent idiot.

She had a simple job and fucked it,

She just needed to hire a top tier, well experienced studio team to handle the central story trilogy (my choice would have been Gore Verbinksi directing, the Pirates guys overseeing the scripts and the original high quality style writers she initially hired - like Arndt - for each entry).

Use the more interesting/smaller directors with more freedom on the spin off's BUT spin off's - not fucking prequels. Yoda, Boba Fett - that's fine. Rogue One? Han Solo? That's terrible.

The other option was just doing a Marvel.

Have a team oversee a large story arc, plot it out, pick a universal style and parameters for how each film will be shot/directed etc and then hire cheap TV directors to basically say "cut" and "action".

Kennedy is probably afraid of hiring anyone who she thinks might be smarter than she is.

>MCU is run by a guy that loves money as well as the source material
>Star Wars is run by a girl who loves money and isn't a fan of the source material

The teaser is apparently coming this week which is a a HORRENDOUS idea considering a lot of people are still talking about being unhappy with TLJ and the production disaster of Solo is still fresh in peoples' minds. This is how you kill a brand.

NOW

>Han Solo teaser is apparently coming this week
Good lord, this is going to a big week on Sup Forums

Whatever criticisms might be leveled at Feige for his handling of the MCU, I think we can all agree he's doing a better job than Kennedy.

they blame Russian hackers for deleting their movie fottage

More like Cowboy Bebop, I'd say.

Antman was in development hell for years, and switched writers/directors. It was probably the most troubled production of all MCU movies.

Direct to video.

Cap this: Disney will introduce their “Netflix killer” with Solo as its flagship movie.

They will be able to present the turd as cutting edge, and when it flops, they’ll have a convenient excuse. “You can’t compare box office to a streaming release.”

That is a really good bet

tbf, didn't the same happen with Wonder Woman? Everyone thought it was going to bomb hard and look what happened

Subscriptions are the future. It’s guaranteed income every month.

They probably will turn all the “Star Wars Stories” movies into a quasi TV series, maybe 2-4 releases per year and much smaller budgets than theatrical films.

That will give lots of directors a chance to fuck around with Star Wars without the risk of a theatrical flop. They’ll save theatrical releases for saga films and future trilogies.

>signing up for a Disney Star Wars movie subscription in 2018
haha No.

Did anyone even ask for this film? Why Han Solo of all characters? Isn't he basically just some nobody at the start of A New Hope?

would it cost them more to trash everything they have for it now, and start from scratch (cast, crew and all) than it would to release the garbage they have and have it bomb?

were you born yesterday? Han is probably the fan favorite

The first time I knew about this was a poster for it in the theater last week. Definitely troubling how little its presence is in terms of marketing.

Then again, if you recall Pirates of the Caribbean 2, they did minimal advertising and everyone thought that would flop, but it wound up being the most successful one in the franchise.

>What the fuck are they doing?
panicing

if dubs then it gets cancelled

>Holy shit. What the fuck are they doing?
Trying not to distract from TLJ marketing

There's posters BTW

>little to no behind the scenes drama
Whedon was shitcanned during the making of Avengers 2, wtf are you talking about?

Predict the plot based on this picture.
>Han, Woody, and Wooky

put me in the screencap

THE DUBS HAVE SPOKEN

apples and orange, mate

woah

Actually a break down for the whole movie was leaked a few weeks ago. It was actually surprisingly decent.

>literal baboon
Hell no

TLJ didn’t have much in the way of long term marketing either. It just really ramped up in the last month.

To be fair to Kathleen Kennedy, it's not like she's some newbie to movie production. She has had producer credits since Poltergeist and ET in 1982.

From the Wikipedia article ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathleen_Kennedy_(producer) ):
>During the production of 1941, while working for screenwriter John Milius, Kennedy came to the attention of Steven Spielberg. Spielberg hired Kennedy as his secretary, but both she and he reported that she was a terrible typist who was kept on only because of her good production ideas.

Spielberg vouches for her, if that matter to anyone.

It's dead on arrival.

when can I play Porg breeder on my cell phone?

>TLJ didn’t have much in the way of long term marketing either.
why lie?

A different actor WHO CAN'T FUCKING ACT. Some kikes Spielburger found at a bar mitzvah or whatever the fuck. Goddamn Jews.

Nah it's actually going to be pretty good.

what a loss

>Spielberg vouches for her, if that matter to anyone.
spielberg also vouched for lucas, if that matters to you

wew

the truth is that in real life there are about 20 marvel films and 18 of them are pure shit but there are 3 disney movies and only 1 of them is complete shit

*inhales*

>deadpool, star wars, and avengers all in one month
jesus fucking christ

But Rogue One was fucking great.

It had like one teaser at this point. More than Solo, but I’m fairly convinced that they thought they didn’t have to waste money on advertising. They were mistaken.

Now obviously

Aren't these all from disney?

Imagine how they're going to feel

yes, that's the point

That's why in 2018 instead of the predictable blockbusters I'm looking forward to lower profile/no big deal if okay or not movies, like Meg, Predator, Nun, Halloween...

Now Deadpool might crossover with both groups.

And it's shit

All entertainment will be from Disney soon enough.

I thought (they) new how to keep cash afloat and not to put 3 most grossing movies in same time splitting their audience.

>lower profile
>Predator, Nun, Halloween
I fucking hate you people

I hate capeshit and haven't watched a single Marvel flick but I have to give them credit -- the audiences seem to consistently like the movies even if the critics don't. Now, setting aside the question of whether the audience has good taste or not, the fact is that the Marvel movies are made to appeal to their fans. That much can't be said about the new Star Wars sequels, however.

You've just been promoted to executive VP for marketing.

Nice.

>spielberg also vouched for lucas, if that matters to you
How much motherfucking money did Indianapolis Jones make? How iconic and beloved are those movies?
I think lucas is an egomaniacal douche, but you can't question his contribution to film in general.

Seig Hail

Your contract has been canceled by IG-88, m8

Link or show it?

>how much

Actually not much besides Raiders

That's not true though, he completed filming.

Maybe you're thinking of him taking over Justice League when Zack Snyders daughter topped herself.

>there are about 20 marvel films and 18 of them are pure shit

I'm guessing they tripped themselves up proper when they were trying to figure out how to do Solo's character without making him into Peter Quill: Star Wars Edition

They've already done that.

Stop giving them ideas god damnit.

>Preparing to get raped at the box office.

By themselves?

Oh boy, Disney vs Disney, wonder who wins?
Maybe you should make the fanbases compete with each other so they'll try to outdo each other on how much money their favourite franchise makes!

>Disney on full damage control following TLJ
>Now this turd is going to drop and leave an even worse taste in the public’s mouth
Is Disney, dare I say, fucking up this franchise?

Execute order 88.

>big tiddy bitch bumming around the ship
>doesn't relentlessly try to fuck her
Definitely not.

please let this fucking happen

"Appealing to your fans" isn't always a good thing.

nice