"Movies will never be considered art" - Brian Wilson

>"Having once made the statement above, I have declined all opportunities to enlarge upon it or defend it. That seemed to be a fool's errand, especially given the volume of messages I receive urging me to watch this film or that and recant the error of my ways. Nevertheless, I remain convinced that in principle, movies cannot be art. Perhaps it is foolish of me to say "never," because never, as I've once said, is a long, long time. Let me just say that no moviegoer now living will survive long enough to experience the medium as an art form."

Did he have a legitimate point?

He took so much LSD he fried his fucking brain to almost Syd Barrett-tier insanity. He is the last person to trust on anything other than how to execute a pretty harmony.

Don't you fucking shit talk this guy. He's a living legend and barring a few dudes no one alive comes CLOSE to his sheer genius.

>Don't you fucking shit talk this guy.
Who is he your boyfriend? Lol. Paul McCarney was challenged by Dustin Hoffman to write a song about anything so Paul looked at the fucking newspaper and wrote "Picasso's Last Words". And he didn't need to eat five sheets of lysergic to do it.

i honestly dont get why you said all that
whats so great about this old faggot

> Paul McCarney
who?

Who is this old nigga?

some beach bitch nigga

1 album that wasnt about surfing and girls

>new fags still fall for this copypasta across all boards

every fucking time

>he survived another christmas
how does he do it

Yes, they are no longer art

the andy warhol of 1960s american pop music. he's pretty overrated.

Yes. 99% of movies coming out in the modern era are garbage and deserve art status revoked.

brian died on christmas. who cares.

kek he's a musician, and one that will forever live in the Beatles shadows, not a string theorist. I guess JK Rowling is a genius to you too?

Pretentious faggot

What the fuck? He wrote gay pop songs about surfing 50 years ago. Give me a break.

Pet Sounds is really good

Movies are definately storytelling, which is the first priority. "Being art" whatever that means is not

Albums about girls and surfing are bad because I've never left my computer

Why do you even come to Sup Forums if you are going to refuse to respond to bait?