Why doesn't the Sequel Trilogy have any cool ship concepts or designs?

Why doesn't the Sequel Trilogy have any cool ship concepts or designs?
They're all shit

honestly my biggest gripe with the new films. i likes the prequels because as an autist all the cool designs of ships, droids weapons etc appealed to me, and i was excited that new movies were coming so i could see some new shit. but its all recycled nostalgia shit or ugly as fuck

>concept artists: hey look we did our job
>JJ: fuck you, X-Wings only.

Those look gay as fuck. LAATs were transport kino.

>"Can I copy your homework?"
>"Sure, just change it up so it's not obvious you copied"

compared to a B-Wing with a cargo pod bolted on to it, though.

>no he's full of angst so it has to look like a bat.

why is the window red?

How does the First Order pay for all of its shit? I know I'm asking a G.R.R.M. tier question, but how does the First Order afford everything the Empire had, but even bigger? The Empire presumably paid for its equipment through galaxy wide taxation, but the First Order is supposed to be a shadow of the Empire, do they even hold territory outside of a few planets?

These movies do such a shitty job of world building, you have these questions up in the air.

Rian Johnson

it's edgy

to copy ESB

Not as if the movies themselves lay this out, but
>Empire has vast production facilities across the galaxy/in secure depots
>these facilities were presumably independent contractors or the same manufacturers of technology used beyond the Empire
>Empire falls, blueprints etc... still exist
>first order's first order of business is to barter a deal with production facility in exchange for a similar level of benefit as the empire provided
blah blah blah seize the means of production etc...
If you think about it, the prequels and original trilogy did a good enough job of laying out how rapidly production can come together in a galaxy far far away, so nu-wars was lucky enough to just take those principles and regurgitate their own bullshit equivalent designs

god fucking forbid you don't shit the bed creatively and just make super AT-ATs and super imperial guards though

I was left under the impression that the First Order is much, much smaller than the Empire. I thought that the fleet we see in TLJ is essentially the entirety of the First Order. Having a dozen really big AT-AT's is a lot cheaper than having a Galaxy spanning army's worth of AT-AT's. And Starkiller Base is essentially a big cannon built into the side of a planet. It's a lot more feasible to build than a Death Star.

Say what you want about the prequel trilogy, but these things were dope a fuck.

This is sexy as fuck.

>make new SW games with droids
>Don't include the coolest fucking droids
shame.

Pretty much right? I mean it seems like it didn't take the them time at all to build these things and then by Revenge of the Sith they had Star Destroyers. How long could it have taken them to build one, a few weeks?

Imperial Venators make my dick hard
why are they so perfect?

Behold
The most beautiful starship ever designed

The assholes at Canto Bight fund the war. Most people didnt pay attention as all of that part of the film was "pointless"

Becaus nobody with any talent or passion is involved

There was a bunch of cool ones in the old art books but Disney decided just to rip off the OT

And it's even BIGGER than the standard walker. Christ, the Empire seems to be doing better than ever. What was Sheev wasting the budget on?

the space battle in TPM is highly underrated
also Vulture Droids are sexy

It's explained in tie-in media. Not even joking.

So a bunch of muppets on a shitty fucking resort planet have more money than the ENTIRE EMPIRE at the height of its power, WHICH CONTROLLED MOST OF THE GALAXY?!

That's like comparing a nigger and a spicy, either way you lose.

>OTP

>What was Sheev wasting the budget on?

I was gonna snarkily say two death stars but then they build a fucking death star planet so..

Funko Pop figures?

i thought they profited of the war by selling weapons? What would they get out of funding it?

The two separate bridge towers always looked kinda silly to me.

one was for starfighter control and the other was for the actual Venator
Venators were more aircraft carriers than destroyers