Why does peter always jump to violence as his solution for everything? that doesn't seem very healthy

why does peter always jump to violence as his solution for everything? that doesn't seem very healthy

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12587262
youtube.com/watch?v=TZifoPPjE1o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

School shooter mentality.

>I'm going to push this Peter Would've Been a School Shooter meme guys

Oh, it's this episode again.

Because started off as a a hormonal teenager that would spend years using violence as an answer.

Never trust a teenager with a spider fetish

I think he's just venting too himself

you're an enabler by being this upset.

venting is unhealthy. you know that thing about "don't keep it inside"? that's 100% wrong, the less you endulge in an emotion,the less powerful it will be in the future.

A load of bottled anger issues. When he first got his powers he wanted to fuck up every single person who ever picked on him, but he couldn't. If he lost it with Flash calling him a bookworm again one punch would reduce the guy to paste. So he puts on the suit and beats up a load of thugs and people in costume to blow off steam. Dressing up as Spider-Man and brutalizing criminals is always his stock response whenever things get stressful in his civilian life, and it's a habit that has time and again been the downfall of hisexistence. Most of the problems in Peter's life can be traced backed to him beating up furries with criminal gimmicks instead of knuckling down and getting on with his life. And whenever he tries to do that somebody gets hurt or dies because he wasn't beating up said furries, so his guilt complex forces him to go right back to it. That's the vicious circle of being Spider-Man.

There is a comic about exactly that where Pete realizes if he never got his powers he probably would have grabbed a gun and gone Columbine on Midtown High School. It's not a meme when it's true.

That's what teenagers do. I should know since I'm a manchild and create scenarios inside my head where I resolve problems with violence.

Or, you know, actually learn to properly deal with your emotions like an adult. Bottling up your emotions is as unhealthy as letting them run wild.

his parents are dead

And I thought I had read the dumbest shit ever on Sup Forums.

no it isn't. That's the proper way of handling it if you have fundamental emotional issues. "bottling it up" is the brains way of fixing a chemical imbalance. If you "bottle up" anger, you won't be storing up anger, you'll simply have an easier time not being overwhelmed by anger next time.

this is the consensus in actual psychology. Your meme therapist with a bachelors degree is simply wrong when they tell you to scream into a pillow, it is counterproductive.

Because he's a beta nerd one tendie away from going uprising.

>There is a comic about exactly that where Pete realizes if he never got his powers he probably would have grabbed a gun and gone Columbine on Midtown High School. It's not a meme when it's true.

Is that a Very Special episode comic? Because maybe we need to see that.

Not only does bottling up your emotions cause stress-levels to rise, increased stress can weaken your immune system. I'm pretty sure suppressing negative emotions has been linked to heart disease too.

Found it
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12587262

Then you're misunderstanding what bottling up anger is. Sure, building up anger inside is not good. But neither is acting or "venting", it's just another way of indulging in anger. The right thing is to acknowledge that it's not a big deal, count to 10(or whatever) and move on.

No, it's the one from JMS's run where he visits his old high school and stops a shooter who's a bullied turbo-nerd. It was partly why he decided to become a high school teacher in the first place.

Nobody shot schools in the 60s

Fuck you aunt May

peter is timeless. you realize the peter in the current comics is not "the nerd of 1963"?

What you just described is called being a pussy. I'm not saying you have to fight, but if you don't at least confront what makes you angry you're not actually dealing with it.

it's a mixture of Guilt Anger issues and not having a lot of people to talk about his suffering with
such a shame he couldn't just work with the FF

nice three times repeating digits.
Anyways I'm cool with "being a pussy". The thing is, whenever I'm angry I look at why I'm angry, and I almost always immediately come to the conclusion that it's not worthwhile. it's healthy for the mind to learn not to stress everything, and there's nothing wrong with being a pussy. I'll get a strong bf to protect me if being a pussy ever turns out to not cut it.

>"venting"
I get the feeling that you have subscribed to a definition of "venting" that literally nobody else uses. Venting is just allowing yourself to admit that you have things that piss you the fuck off, as opposed to pretending that everything is fine and nothing is ever wrong.

Talking to a friend about things that make you angry? Venting.
Going for a run and allowing your anger to push you farther than you normally would go? Also venting.

I'd like to see citations from this "psychologist consensus" of yours, because if I know anything about science, it's that scientists rarely ever agree on ANYTHING, and psychology isn't even a hard science.

>I look at why I'm angry
That's venting.

"oh man if this guy fucking says this to me again man I'm gonna fucking smack him in the gob for sure!!! I'll splatter his face!" - venting? cause this is what peter does.

>venting
>give free expression to a strong emotion
I literally never express that anger, though.

You actually do, only it's just to yourself. That's not a bad thing to be able to do. I do the same, because I'm an introverted fuck who is my own best friend.

No, that isn't venting. That's Peter expressing his anger to the audience. I'm not denying he has an anger problem, I'm just glad he channels it productively.

Yeah, one of these days I'm gonna stomp these bullies into a paste for making fun of my favourite superhero!

Early Peter is literally me.. except I sadly never got superpowers, or over it

He's a fucking nerd with powers

I've noticed a bunch of autism rage Peter Parker recently. Good to know people aren't forgetting that this guy was gonna shoot up his school on his way home from the science exhibit

Look at his inner monologues for the first 28 issues of TASM. This dude had tard rage that was off the charts

Feminism is why school shootings happen.

Bullshit, talking orange juice is the cause of school shootings.

You posted a panel in which he is talking about how tough it is to stick to patient nonviolence indefinitely, and worried about possibly failing, not about how quick he is to jump to violence.

compared to the other 'nice guy' heroes, Peter is shown contemplating just beating the shit out of civvies because they piss him off more often than most of them.

Peters right. Im glad flash lost his legs and symboite. That that flash, you double shitbag.

Marvel citizens require regular beatings or the get weird and start screaming shit like "yaaaaaas queen!"
Pic unrelated.

Is there anyone who HASN'T dreamt of shooting up their school as a teenager? Especially after Columbine? I wasn't even particularly bullied but some days were just crappy and when you're that age, it feels like the whole world is against you. Looking back at it now, it's silly of course. I doubt even if I had easy access to weaponry that I would have done anything anyway.

... No.

I mean, I've dreamed of beating up a couple of people and maybe rape some other but shooting the school? That's just stupid.

Did you just do this yesterday?

Don't force the meme son...

>Nobody shot schools in the 60s

← It's for you

I struck a bully across the back of the head with a metal dustpan once
He got suspended, I didn't, since due to his reputation nobody was willing to vouch for him.
Then it turned out he wasn't actually the one who did the thing I was lashing out for, the guy who actually did it came up and apologized an hour later after realizing I was actually capable of violence.

and that just, sort of did it for me. I never felt like hurting anyone in revenge ever again. none of the dumb shit anyone did to me actually mattered since in a few years we'd all fuck off into the world and never see each other again anyway, may as well tough it out now so I'm better prepared to tough out the real hardships to come when I start living on my own in a big city somewhere

>Is there anyone who HASN'T dreamt of shooting up their school as a teenager?
Yeah, me. I mean I've gotten into fights but I think the most violent thought I've ever entertained in regards to school was when I was in middle school, I imagined I could make this asshole's head explode by staring at him intently for 30 seconds without blinking.

It didn't work though, and I just looked weird.

The media glamorized Columbine so much in my twisted teenage mind. Those images of them walking around with guns, being in charge and feared by their peers. I can definitely imagine troubled kids across the country wanting that kind of control or power, even if briefly.

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=TZifoPPjE1o

Don't beat yourself up, user. You were born American, it just can't be helped.

Because it keeps working for him?

THIS

It was also well developed. Didn't feel forced to me.

but it's true. he would've abused his powers if uncle ben hadn't died.

Remember, Raimifags only know Raimi Spider-Man, and to them Peter was always the doofy stereotype in those movies

naw, most I ever did was these. And of course fantasizing about kissing chad on the dick.
But the thing is, these were fantasies I had at the latest in early middle school, certainly not in(late) high school. he's basically an adult man.

Wasn't there a Radioactiveman comic that had a parody of Peter Parker that is pretty much this version of Peter?

No,
I wanted to ALLAHU AKBAR myself with the school, though.

Well, sometimes he makes deals with satan instead

when did it become unacceptable for spidermen to not shave their armpits? this spidershaming needs to stop

This came with no prompting, spiderman has never shown any interest in doris before this page or even interacted with her.
Why is parker such an asshole?

There's literally millions upon millions of people who, despite being haunted by anger issues and insecurities, never go on to do a school shooting or murder their family. Just because some 1-2% do doesn't mean that every bullied kid with issues will go on a killing spree. And just in case you aren't human or something, literally everyone finds themselves angry enough to feel capable of violence sometimes. You can't help but think bad thoughts, it's important not to act on them. And Peter never did, and eventually grew up and these issues became a thing of the past.

Delete this

Radioactive Spider Hormones

He's under a lot of stress, and he regularly fights supervillains.

As a side note, however, I'd say that having powers would make it a lot easier to tolerate other people being assholes. You would know, without a shadow of a doubt, that you were superior to them. Not figuratively, but objectively so.

If you threw a pot of coffee at me, I'd be pissed off. Superman probably shrugs it off in a kind of noblesse oblige way, because what's a pot of coffee going to do to him?

Spidey's only real problem is that he gets utterly nothing out of his crimefighting career, which just fucks his life over.

Pete had a lot of anger in his Highschool days, part of his character arc was him letting that rage go.

Lol. I love this.