What's the best animated spiderman show there has ever been?

what's the best animated spiderman show there has ever been?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5wgx7Z4g1X4
youtube.com/watch?v=AV_ebV9utHQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the one where he's living on the edge, fighting crime, spinning webs

90's was good but Spectacular was slightly better

what if I'm nostalgic for 90s spurdoman?

then you havent seen sat down and compared the two. one is arguably better.

But these things aren't objective, I don't think I could look past my affection of the show

90s had deeper characters.
also it has the advantage of characters looking like actual people.

/thread

Then good for you.

>90s had deeper characters.

No, it had more melodramatic characters. There's a difference.

but spectacular doesn't have ROCKET RACER

Me, I'm a 90's Spidey guy.

That said, it's been a few years since I rewatched it, but doesn't end on a cliffhanger, or with out wrapping up the plot or something? Can't really call it the best because of that

>also it has the advantage of characters looking like actual people.
I appreciate what you're saying but a lot of those people had really ill-fitting body types. RIPPED Doc Ock is ridiculous.

90s was a legitimately bad show.

Yeah, Madame Webb is about to tell Spidey where's the original Mary Jane, I'm still mad about it

Don't forget the creator of the show tried to give away the ending via crowdfunding if you helped towards making an original animated project.

I wonder if any of the contributors actually got it.

90s Peter Parker looked like a fucking linebacker

You're crazier than a soup sandwich

Spectacular, by a wide fucking margin.

...Didn't BOTH shows end on cliffhangers?

Season 1 was great but it progressively got worse and worse as time went on to the point of becoming legit unwatchable trash

Yes, 90's ended with Marie Jane in another dimension and Spectacular ended with Norman getting away Scott free.

We knew where she was, and the whole point of Secret Wars / Spider-Wars was because Madame Webb promised Spidey that she will bring MJ back, they shouldn't have do the cliffhangger. Fuck, I got mad again

Spectacular Spider Man is the 2nd greatest show of all time for me, and I loved the 90s SpiderMan.

Don't forget that Spiderman Unlimited ended with everyone on Not Earth being infected by Not Symbiotes.

>90s had deeper characters.

Outside of Spidey, Jameson and Felicia, this is not true.

The one where he yells at Shocker.

If spectacular is so good why did it only last 2 seasons?

>90s Peter Parker looked like a fucking linebacker
Everyone did.

Spectacular.
/thread

Because Disney bought Marvel out and asked Sony to fuck off from Spider-Man cartoons if they really wanted to keep the movie rights.

Disney, it was originally going to last 6.

I prefer the one where he makes fun of Shocker.
youtube.com/watch?v=5wgx7Z4g1X4

>Spiderman Unlimited
Nobody watched that series

90's Spider-Man, like 60's Spider-Man, is only loved and remember to this day because of the memes. Spectacular, on the other hand, is actually remembered for its fight scenes and its characters.

Agreed
youtube.com/watch?v=AV_ebV9utHQ

i forgot how awesome this show was

Spectacular is a shit show fuck off back to Sup Forums

fpbp

1. Spectacular because it's actually spectacular
2. 90's because of nostalgia
3. 60's because of the memes
Anything else is not worth mentioning

1. You're wrong
2. You're stupid
Look at the board you're on, retard.

this is fun to watch too

>goes into/creates a thread that asks for an objectively best version
>states that these things are actually subjective
Guys... what if user is... Captain Obvious?

>fuck off back to Sup Forums
Oh hohoho, newfriend.
Thanks for the simultaneously killing of my brain cells and growth of cancerous tumors on my vena cava. Lurk moar, ya hockey puck.

I remember enjoying this more than the 90's show.

The /sug/ side of co

>Thanks for the killing of my brain cells
>calling yourself braindead
way to go, reddit

Spectacular is a better show overall but I prefer the way the '90s show handled some things.
Venom in the '90s show was way better to be completely honest. I never was a fan of duebro Brock and I don't think I'll ever get used to it.
Same goes for Shocker, Montana being Shocker never sat right with me because Herman Schultz is legit one of my favorite comic characters. I wish he didn't get the shaft like that.

Not muh aside, Spectacular was better.

I remember liking it back then. But then again I was a young child.
I rewatched it recently and it's not very special. I liked the artstyle it had though. Still my favorite look of the original spidey suita

Season 2 and 3 of the 1967 cartoon

This

We're due for a new good Spidey show.

Looks like we're gonna have to keep waiting...

Well there's always that animated Miles movie.

>implying that'll be any better

>tfw remembering renting a VHS of this from Blockbuster and popping it in, watching it constantly until it had to go back
Better, purer times.

I loved the 90s animated series, but Spectacular was hands down the best and it's a damn shame they cancelled it.

Same with Avengers EMH. Loeb that fucking devil.

>Ishiggydadiggy
Pic Related
Spider-Man vs Daredevil was my first introduction to red suit Daredevil (after 70's Incredible Hulk) and also animated Spider-Man after the first Raimi film

when did it become unacceptable for spidermen to not shave their armpits? this spidershaming needs to stop.

>character get more development instead of being flat archetypes
>they're just more melodramatic!
Norman Osborn. He's a fucking bland moustache-twirling bad guy in Spectacular.

You are one of the people that got this piece of shit into IGN's top 100 cartoons.

While I have to admit that Spectacular was arguably the all-around better one I'll always prefer TAS. The S1 symbiote arc, Felicia, Norman and the S4 finale were GOAT. Also TAS had the best theme song. I get giddy just thinking about it.

they have more depth, there's more nuances and things going on. it has nothing to do with how the characters act.

>best theme song
listen bud...

>Implying anything can top that radical guitar solo and barely understandable robo voice
Don't make me chase you to the end of the world.

90s Spider-Man didn't age well.

>Spider-Man isn't allowed to punch his enemies due to censors
>every time Spider-Man shows up, he's pretty much immediately knocked out by his enemies
>bad guys basically have to beat themselves with some dumb machine or something

swinging from the highest ledge
he can leap above our heads
Ahhh ahh ahhh ah ahhh.
Ahhh ahh ahhh ah ahhh ah.

90s Spider-Man was a good superhero cartoon but an excellent horror cartoon.

The censors were so focused on toning down violence that they forgot to tone down the body horror and nightmare fuel.

>listen bud...
HE'S GOT RADIOACTIVE BLOOD. CAN HE SWING FROM A THREAD TAKE A LOOK OVERHEAD. HEY THEEERE THERE GOES THE SPIDERMAN