Star Wars Episode 9

What are your hopes and expectations?

Other urls found in this thread:

ted.com/talks/j_j_abrams_mystery_box
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Luces third lesson is resurrection

Do you really want me to go into detail?

The people who have liked the last two like it, and the people who don't like it won't be convinced.

Luke is definitely coming back. Snoke and Lando are a maybe.

I really think there is not going to be a good way to end this trilogy because it's such a pile of dogshit at this point. Making TLJ take place immediately after TFA is another mistake that will make wrapping this up even harder.

>Rey goes on a journey to find all the force sensitive younglings while training herself to become a Jedi master
>Kylo follows her around like a rabid horny dog
>Poe and Finn rebuild the rebellion
>Chewy dies
>First order gets BTFO

That’s about it

I liked what some user posted yesterday
VII: The Force Awakens
VIII: The Last Jedi
IX: From His Nap

I want a 3 hour mea culpa from Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson where Mark Hamil dunps alien sloth milk at the films climax

Hopefully a comet falls from the sky and kills us all so we won't be subjected to it.

They actually use their villains and not killing the
>gets killed before he could set anything up

That its terrible and Disney's Star Wars dies as a franchise.

Really, their last chance to save me was to explain how the hell Force Awakens happened in Last Jedi. Not only did they fail, but they completely unraveled what little TFA managed on its own. There is no winning me back, I don't care any more, though it would be amusing if they fake-out the entire trilogy by having the First Order win in the end.

>Kylo impregnates Rey
Literally the only thing I care about at this point

That it never gets made

I honestly don't have any hope for this movie. That's the worst thing about TLA, there's no room to grow, no interesting directions to take the story. After all the bullshit pretense about being a different Star Wars movie it ended in the same place we were 40 years ago, rebels vs empire. I rewatched TFA today and aside from being surprised at how much I like it, I was realized I must have forgotten how much potential was available at the end of that movie. There are so many mysteries, plot lines, and details that are left open for the sequels to play with and TLA basically wastes all of them and leaves nothing for the future. TFA isn't the best movie I've seen by any means but at least it gave me hope for the franchise. Ironically TLA killed it.

a ray of sunshine to dismantle the patriarchy is the working title you cishet

I hope it flops

Checked and also are you me? I completely agree with what you said

MUST MAKE MORE MOVI-I MEAN BABIES, ITS ALL ABOUT THE CHILDREN!!!
>man children

>Spark of Hope

Sounds like some Bayformers trash T B H.

Star Wars: The Braaap of Feeeerp

>Time skip
>General Leia has died during the time skip
>Rey and the rest of the resistance are constantly on the run (very similar to BSG, just a group of ships, almost constantly jumping to different systems to try and rebuild a Rebellion
>Rey trains a group of younglings with the help of Ghost Luke and Ghost Yoda
>Final showdown is on Coruscant in Palpatines quarters off of the Senate floor in a throwback to ROTS.
>Rey vs Kylo. Kylo almost kills Rey, but Luke appears and force lightnings him to death

So it fits then?

What happened to that "we are the spark that will light the fire that will melt the candle that will pour the wax that will seal the letter that I will send to the theater demanding my money back" guy? Paraphrasing but that was a based and underrated post

I hope to save 7 bucks and I expect to stay home when it comes out

The Force Awakens...
...The Last Jedi...
...On the Darkest Day.

>most powerful Jedi to have ever Je-died figures out how to come back from force ghost form creating a new cast of reincarnated super saiyan Jedied
soap-opera anime tier BS, but I could see it happening

The title is light of the Jedi
Cap this
My duke aunt works for Disney

not many places to go, maybe they will just hyperspace ram everything? final one being the Millennium Falcon piloted by Chewbacca into Death Star 4.0 while you yelling "up yours!!!"

all I got.

they will try to copy rotj and will mostly copy the bad things

>Rey of Hope is the Light of the Jedi
good grief

>Rey of Hope is the last Light of the Jedi

Waste of trips, you're working with a resistance of a maximum of 30 people, come on now

Modern day Nostradamus right here.

>Leia dies in the opening scene
>Kylo turns good
>Rey turns evil
>Rey+Hux tsundere scenes
>Poe's badboy attitude and antics gets Rey to switch back to the light side
>Kylo accepts his losses and saves everyone in the end, sacrificing himself and ending Hux and the First Order
>Poe and Rey fall in love
>The End

>Kylo turns good
kek. would be hilarious to see this after he pointedly does not redeem himself in TLJ. wouldn't put it past the mouse though.

More diversity, more agenda, some jabs at "alt-right conspiracy review attack".

It's a given Leia has to die 'cause...you know...

Also, supposedly the family allowed Disney to use footage of her if they wanted, but they stated they would not have her in IX at all.

>Abrams explaining what's in his own mystery boxes
Holy shit, if you thought the butthurt over TLJ was bad....
JJ has NEVER, in anything of his I've seen, explained the contents of his mystery boxes without it sucking a geriatric rancor's ass.

Disney is going to subvert everyone's expectations have all the characters be Princess Leia in Ep IX. Never been done before.

Rey makes Lightsaber from kyber crystal Jyn Erso wore in Rogue One.

>mystery boxes

Where did this phrase for mysterious or unresolved story threads come from? Is it just specifically a JJ meme?

>resistance has less than 50 people left
>no ship, literally refugees on the millennium falcon
>no one fucking cares about the Republic anymore
>Rey just does everything and there aren't pointless subplots where Finn and Squashface fail to do anything useful for large portions of the movie.

Yes it is literally quote from him. ted.com/talks/j_j_abrams_mystery_box

>IX: JJ Cant Unfuck This

>>Rey just does everything
making Rey the protagonist was such a huge mistake. she's a boring, unlikable character played by a bland, actress who doesn't even have the decency to be eye candy.

Specifically for JJ.
Most of his shit, especially the TV shows, are more random mystery boxes he doesn't know the contents of (let alone how they're supposed to interact to weave a coherent story) than actual plot.

New Order wins.

Come on faggos, think about it
>galactic republic is marketed as some democratic wonder paradise
>for some reason there are always people inside trying to make it work (Palpatine, eps 1-3)
>if it ceases to exist democratially, it's ready to take military action against the new democratic governmetn (eps 4-6)
>when it wins, it apparently collapses right away for some reason and ends up being rebel scum again, again resolting to violence (7-9)

what a shitty system, Palpatine did nothing wrong considering alternative was Jarjar ruling the galaxy, Jewdis are bunch of power hungry religious eunuchs, and the only legitimacy democratic galactic republic ever seems to have is weapons and violence.

It's parroted criticism from his work on Lost.

The fact is that TFA was not Lost, and so calling things like the Knights of Ren 'mystery boxes' is utterly retarded. A true mystery box would be some plot hook that draws the audience in, but no answer to the mystery would ever actually be satisfactory. That wasn't really true of TFA, for the most part. At least not until TLJ, which made them true mystery boxes by giving them stupid anti-climaxes in the name of 'removing mystery boxes'. Completely self-defeating, when simple answers were all anyone was expecting.

For example:
>Rey's parents - most people expected something like 'Luke's daughter', 'Ben Solo's sister', 'relative of Obi Wan', or maybe something really out there like 'relative of Palpatine'. What did we get instead in TLJ? A non-answer. 'Your parents were nobodies'.
>Knights of Ren - Audience expectation was some sort of elite order allied with the dark side. Kind of like Inquisitors from the EU and Rebels. What did we get instead in TLJ? Nothing.
>Snoke's identity - most people expected something like he was an ancient Darth or a grey force wielder or really anything. Instead we get... nothing...

And the list goes on, even extending to things that were never mysteries. Like Captain Phasma, who basically is Boba Fett 3.0 and dies like a bitch because... pottery... She wasn't a fucking mystery box, but she was 'removed' just like all the others.

The fact is that TLJ represents a hostile takeover of the entire Star Wars franchise. This whole 'mystery box' talk is just code for 'remove anything that JJ Abrams did!'

Literally none. I probably won't go to see it in theatre.

I'm not even a Star Wars fan, and yet this movie still somehow let me down.

Why the fuck would you create a new series of movies based on franchise known for its rabid nostalgic value, and then take three movies to kill off everyone that held any nostalgic value?

>We want the focus to be on the new characters

Your new characters are literally garbage. This is a Twilight fanfic tier love triangle between Rey and Kylo, Rey and Finn, and Finn and Rose. That's it, you've literally done no better than a horny hambeast that wants to impregnate herself with vampire semen.

Jesus fucking Christ.

"Oh, Leia magically floats back to the ship because she has Force powers because it's majestic and a tribute and if you don't like it you just don't understand art"

Go fuck yourself.

Shut the fuck up you faggot kike. ted.com/talks/j_j_abrams_mystery_box

>no argument

>most people expected
>Audience expectation
>most people expected something like

TFA's been analyzed more in 2 fucking years than the OT was in 40; every possible angle of every possible angle had been covered in some many overlapping layers they suffocated.

JJ had NO fucking idea who Snoke was (or even gave 2 shits about making him seem either threatening or interesting), who Rey was, who the Knights of Ren were, or even why any of those things were.
Snoke was a lame ass Palpatine stand-in cause his remix tape of the OT needed one. He wrote the shit like one of his TV shows; hoping someone would come after him & make art out of his lolrandom shit that was never put together with any purpose to begin with. Like he always fucking does.

>The little force using kid shit at the end of TLJ quietly gets dropped
>The film largely consists of the First Order consolidating its power while the rebels muster a new force to challenge the First Order before they get full entrenched resulting in a big climactic confrontation at the end a la Return of the Jedi minus a super weapon(hopefully). I'd really just love a massive naval/ground battle with Kylo and Rey doing their Force fighting shit in the middle of it.

I literally don't care after TLJ. I won't see IX.

>literally don't care
>post in the thread anyway to tell everyone how much they don't care

not him
there were no story boards nor any notes as to where to go after TFA

>inb4 hurrrr i hope it bombs because because muh politics

>There are so many mysteries, plot lines, and details that are left open for the sequels to play with and TLA basically wastes all of them and leaves nothing for the future.
Yes, but don't imply TLJ set up rebels v. Empire again. That was all TFA'S fault

>JJ Abrams specifically talks about creating empty, meaningless, mystery boxes
>This isn't an argument that he did exactly that
Shut the fuck up.

Thats a pleasant shade of blue desu

As long as rylo live happily ever after I don't care about the rest. It can end with them setting up a new jedi academy as husband and wife.

That's right.

>JJ had NO fucking idea who Snoke was (or even gave 2 shits about making him seem either threatening or interesting), who Rey was, who the Knights of Ren were, or even why any of those things were.

Yeah, and I'm pretty sure George Lucas had no fucking idea what the Kessel spice mines were, what the Kessel run was, or why it was important that the Millennium Falcon made the Kessel run in 12 parsecs; but both he and the audience understood the general idea just from the fucking context of it, and Disney seems to have enough confidence in to make a Han Solo solo movie about the whole fucking thing.

See it doesn't really matter what the Knights of Ren might be in JJ Abrams' mind when he's writing the fucking script. It's something that's a throwaway mention which maybe somebody else could do something with. Maybe someone in the Lucasfilm story group could suggest something. Maybe Dave Filoni could have his latest waifu be in the Knights of Ren. It could be anything, really. It doesn't actually matter, becuase we the audience get the idea. The Knights of Ren are dark jedi. That's it. That's all they were intended to be, and all they need to be, so just fucking use them as a creative resource.

It's not just JJ in the writing room. There's a whole company full of idea guys. Just deleting the Knights of Ren entirely only serves to aggravate everyone. They are not a mystery box, any more than the Jedi Order was in A New Hope.

>Snoke
This criticism is legitimate, but my point still remains. Just because one guy doesn't have a good idea on how to do something, doesn't mean he can't just work with other creative people to help him come up with something interesting.

Snoke doesn't need ten minutes worth of exposition. Just throwing in some phrases like 'Grey Jedi who spent his life meditating on the edge of the galaxy' or 'student of so and so'. Half of fiction is letting the audience imagine what isn't said or shown.

>instead of an arguing against the claim that 'mystery boxes' is parroted criticism, I'll... PARROT SOMEONE ELSE'S CRITICISM!
>GO WATCH THIS VIDEO! IT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING!

>Hopes
Finn gets characterized AS a former storm trooper. Maybe they actually liberate some of the people that have supposedly been drafted in order to even the playing field.

2. That they actually make Rey interesting somehow,

3. That they make Kylo Ren threatening despite being beaten 5 times in a row now. First by Rey. Then by snoke. Then by the imperial guards (needed Rey's help), then by Rey AGAIN, and then by Luke YET AGAIN.

>Expectations
Utter shit. I have no interest in it unless I hear that its good unanimously I aint seeing the next until I have good word of mouth.

>'le spark of hope that lights the fire under the asses of the galaxy'
>literally when they call for allies at the end of the movie, nobody answers

i seriously dont fucking get this shit

also leia still alive

Power struggle between Kylo Ren and a clone of Anakin as Snoke’s successor

So? The same could be said of A New Hope (which I do not enjoy comparing to TFA, mind you). It is certainly JJ Abram's sin that he fails to come up with endings for what he begins, but nothing in TFA approaches Lost levels of unanswered questions.

There is no Smoke Monster, no Hatch, no Island.

TFA is actually a pretty simple story. There was never a mystery to anything in it besides Snoke, the map, and Rey's parents; all of which could have had fairly obvious explanations. Knights of Ren were always self-explanatory, and never a 'mystery' beyond lacking further exposition about them.

Throwing away everything established in the previous movie is not a recipe for success, it's a recipe for confusion. It's like saying 'It was all a dream!' to explain something unusual.

>pretty sure George Lucas had no fucking idea what the Kessel spice mines were, what the Kessel run was, or why it was important that the Millennium Falcon made the Kessel run in 12 parsecs
Not one of these fucking things was intended as a major plot point; unlike Snoke, or Rey's backstory.
>Disney seems to have enough confidence in to make a Han Solo solo movie about the whole fucking thing
How much you want to bet either that shit gets briefly talked about yet not seen, or if it does, comes off like Peter Jackson mining Tolkien's shit idea journal to expand out the Hobbit?
>doesn't mean he can't just work with other creative people to help him come up with something interesting.
That'd be fine. But that's not Abrams' style. He sets lolrandom stages & tags out to let the next guy take the heat if he can't satisfactorily make the pieces fit.
I'll give you that maybe it wouldn't have taken much to give SOME kind of explanation for who the hell Snoke was; seems like the mystery box stuff Rian thought was lame got tossed with almost extreme prejudice (he DID at least make Snoke look like a badass, up until he was totally oblivious to his end coming).

How dare you be implying something like the knights of Ren, which was mentioned by ad nauseum by Disney the last 2 years be an important plot point

IT'S A FUCKING VIDEO OF JJ ABRAMS TALKING TO PEOPLE ABOUT HIS TECHNIQUE YOU SUBHUMAN FUCKING KIKE.

Fucking kill yourself.

There should be a class action suit against Disney, Kathleen Kennedy, JJ and Ryan for the combined box office grosses of Episodes VII and VIII for malicious and intentional fraud.

its kind of amazing to understand how monumentally disney fucked up

I imagine it being some sort of populist-uprising thing, considering how small the existing Rebellion is and how they were sort of hinting towards that with the Rebel rings and force kids and all that. Kylo Ren would be supreme leader, and the narrative would focus not on defeating the First Order like they did the Empire, but rather dismantling its power structures and (finally) turning Kylo, possibly against Hux and whoever else is left.

Hopes: Ep. IX crashing the franchise with no survivors, Disney doing the reboot of the sequel timeline.

Expectations: Ep. IX being shit, somehow derivative and needlessly contrived at the same time, with most good scenes stolen from Ep. VI, but put together with just enough technical competence to pull normies into theaters and make sufficient profit for Disney to keep going forward with the next, equally shitty, trilogy.

>but nothing in TFA approaches Lost levels of unanswered questions.
>
>There is no Smoke Monster, no Hatch, no Island.
What is Snoke
What is Ach-To
What is Anakin Skywalker's lightsaber fucking doing there?
Fuck you, nigger you are a worthless fucking kike.

the incompetency is shocking. disney is the last film studio i would expect to let things get so far out of hand so quickly. not to say they're in the habit of making good movies, but they certainly know how to exert control over production to make safe movies. rian johnson basically trashed everything, set the trashcan on fire, and kicked it down a mountain. the mouse got fucking got on this one.

>Focus the movie on Kylo
>Make him impregnate Rey to carry on the Skywalker genos
>Have him be redeemed
There you go. Three things you have to do to make this movie good

>BRRRAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

>TLJ is bad because it throws away everything set up in TFA and starts over
>IX will be good if it throws away everything from TLJ and starts over AGAIN
Kylo is not redeemable at this point.

It was but it didn't explain how powerful the First Order was, how it came to be, how strong the Resistance or the Republic were or how they related with each other if at all. It would have been easy to change the First Order in the sequel to a smaller terrorist group, or establish a conspiracy working with them in the Republic or the Resistance, or establish a third party for the war with the Republic, or any number of other things. But they didn't, they just doubled down on the same plot we've already seen.

what is the font?, I want to make one that says old crusty nigger foot because that's the only way I'd see ep 9

>Kylo creates another force vergance in Rey, so disney doesn't have to do nudity or imply a sex scene
& it's midichlorian count is off the charts

Ends with Kylo and Rey founding a new school of Grey Jedi that are all individually in balance in the Force, and it will be called by some new name, not Jedi nor Sith. Thus, the cyclical battle between the Light and Dark sides wind down as the individuals achieve personal balance and the Force achieves peace.

coruscant is blew to fuck nigga

Different system than the one that got wrecked in TFA. Coruscant still exists.

more porgs
kylo dies
poe dies
rose and finn get married
rey opens a jedi school (girls only)

i hope its the last shit wars movie

My hope is that it's called episode VII and we start over and try again

The Jiths

Episode IX should called Hope of a New Empire

I hope it's the last Star Wars movie period. But that's just wishful thinking, just like both Cancer and AIDS, Star Wars won't go away because it's so convenient and way too profitable.

I really hope this happens
Otherwise disney is cutting all ties to lucas and kills the skywalker line

Hopes
>Snoke is Plageuis
>he resurrects himself
>master keikaku man planned everything all along
>he ignited the spark that will start a that fire that burns the candle that drops the wax that encloses the envelope that will eventually lead to Rey's downfall
>he mindfucks Rey like he did to Kylo, corrupting her
>she eventually falls to the dark side
>???

>Hux is able to assume command of the FO
>somehow
>Kylo is exiled
>FO literally kills off the entire rest of the rebellion
>Rey isn't there so she survives
>Kylo seeks out Rey to help him regain control
>since she has no friends and nowhere to go she ultimately agrees
>they start seeking out force users and training them
>as time goes on Rey falls further and further into the Dark side
>they assemble what is essentially a Sith task force that is used to take out the heads of the empire and assume control
>???

Expectations
>Rey is unable to be corrupted
>Kylo redeems himself at the last second
>Rebellion of ~30 people come together and beat the big bad galactic empire
>everyone lives happily ever after

Gonna be shit almost guaranteed. Where can they go? Luke appears to be dead and nobody wants to see Force Ghosts doing shit. They could somehow claim Snoke never died and bring him back for some major fight vs Ren. Anything Rey does is a fucking insult to the lore and audience and that's the problem. Nobody wants to see that cunt light saber fight. Finn and Rose should have died out on the salt flats but somehow a plot hole allowed them to make it back into the cave in a few minutes without getting shot. And that's in addition to being shit characters. Fucking asshole Disney tried to turn starwars into nuwars and just fucked up an entire trilogy. Amazing. There should be a class action lawsuit against Disney requiring them to pay out refunds.

Rey is revealed to be pregnant and most of the film is soap opera tier mystery on who is the father: Kylo, Finn or Poe. In the end we see the spawn to be black as per Disney's orders.

They'll bring in Vader as a force ghost and everyone will want to see it.

Rey going dark is realistically the only way to save the trilogy from total failure. She fucking blows as good "guy", both character wise and her acting. But good luck moving the storyboard pieces around so that can happen organically. I assume what you assume. Gonna be a faggot happy ending so girls and kids and niggers and asians can rejoice. If I owned a business in Los Angeles I'd blacklist every single person who worked on TLJ, except Mark Hamil.